PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary program on H/U

Qwooootz
14-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Hi, Pretty much noob with this ICE stuff but just have this quick question as im having abit of a problem with my Auxiliary program not showing on my H/U.

Im running a XMS DVD player/screen sound of a Pioneed DEH 9600MP H/U and the AUX program was used to run the sound, now i had to reset my battery and ever since, the AUX program will not show on my H/U and therefore i can no longer run sound for the screen, screen still works and plays its just seems to be the H/U.

Now just wondering is it possible the Auxiliary wires got loose and it was not the battery, or something had resetted or stuffed up the AUX program in my H/U completely.. iam still able to run normal CD and radio settings tho.

thanks appreciate some input.

Cheers
RJ

vividjazz
14-05-2006, 04:23 PM
You will need to enable AUX on the head unit. Default setting is off. Instruction are in the Pioneer manual but usually a matter of pushing down the wheel while the head unit is off to get into the inital setup where it can be enabled together with setting time, turn on/off demo, inverse display mode, adjust brightness/contrast, etc.

Qwooootz
14-05-2006, 07:54 PM
thanks vividjazz.. far out i feel like an nong..

anyways incase this problem arises in the future.. heres the steps i took for my model H/U

1. Turn off H/U (Hold SOURCE, Volume Knob)
2. Press Open
3. Hold Disp Button
4. This will take you to the settings menu where time settings are etc., keep scrolling left or right until you find the menu to turn on/off AUX
5. Turn ON AUX
6. Weee Done, the instructions were on page 50 of the manual!! incase;)

J-MuN
16-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Yup, that is the case with majority of the older generation Pioneer and Kenwood headunits.

vividjazz
17-05-2006, 08:28 PM
You still have to enable it on the latest 2006 Pioneers. Mine is an old generation 2005 released model.