PDA

View Full Version : 06 Euro window noise...?

K24A
14-05-2006, 08:26 PM
ive been hearing some squeeky noises wen i put down my driver side window..(by pressing da auto window button..). But it only happens sometimes not always. Any ideas bout dis.?

SiReal
14-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Did u just wash ur car? could be water on the rubber seals. Nothign to worry about dude. Or it could be your engine starting to play up which means new gearbox :) hehe jkjsk

kitbkk
14-05-2006, 08:57 PM
It has been happening with my euro too. I took mine to the dealer and they just added some grease/lubricant. Then the noise was gone for a few weeks. But now it comes back again..

jamchen
14-05-2006, 09:08 PM
was the noise coming from inside the door or the edge to the window and the rubber part that touches the glass? if its the first one, then it might be the motors.. or if its the later one, could be some dirts been wiped off the window while roll down the window.. did u car tinted? if so make sure a felter has been installed or otherwise u r in danger to have ur wondows scratched..

EuroDude
14-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Can you see any scratches on the window tint/glass?

There is a common issue where the plastic molding in the door touches the window and causes noises.

It happens to my 06 too, but its more of a muffled pop sound, not a squeak. And only happens when winding down, from the top to half way.

If your tints are thick or the rails are dirty, try putting Graphite Powder in the rails. Avoid using Silicon grease since it gathers dirt and dries up, and will clog up and get worse a few months later.

yfin
15-05-2006, 12:52 AM
ive been hearing some squeeky noises wen i put down my driver side window..(by pressing da auto window button..). But it only happens sometimes not always. Any ideas bout dis.?

are your windows tinted? If yes what method did they use to minimise scratching?

aaronng
15-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Every 2 months, I ise a sponge that has a little 303 protectant and apply it along the left, right and top rubber seals that make contact with the window.