PDA

View Full Version : After your advice please

crx51
15-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Hi all, i have 89 ef8 crx. Standard atm, im looking at buying wheels for it shortly though. Im looking currently at buddy club wheels and the QF model comes in a 15x7 with 42+offset. Now i have two questions regarding this-
First- Will 195/50/15 tyres fit well on these wheels? I know that a tyre shop will put them on BUT are they being stretched or deformed in anyway that will reduce potential traction?
Second- Will these wheels and tyres be a recommendable size and offset etc for my car? Is there any chance with these specs that i will have rubbing? As id be a bit annoyed by this? How bout if i lower it a bit as well?
If you have insight on this topic id love to hear it!
Kind Regards
Scott

barefootbonzai
15-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Tires should fit on. Shouldn't really make that much of a difference to 205's. As for rubbing, there is always a chance of rubbing, just depends on how low your car is. The size and offset sounds good for a civic though. I don't really know enough about crx's though, but i imagine that would be similar.

Limbo
16-05-2006, 08:46 PM
shouldn't rub as those profiles are really low. On my lowered civic i get 2 1/2 fingers with that profile and i have the stock ek4 rims which are 15 x 6 1/2 +43 (or somewhere close) and running 195/50/15.

If i were you i'd go for 205/50/15 - spoon runs this profile on their civic