PDA

View Full Version : Car Screwed Again...again

Cold Fusion
15-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Ok i got it back on saturday with a new recond engine and a new clutch, and now it doesnt work again..*yay*

1st time screwed- new battery,
2nd time-new alternator
3rd time- new engine and clutch
4th time- ???

i cant dissable to imobilliser and the positive battery terminal gets exstreemly hot, so i think maybe the alarm has short circuted but i dunno, i got work in 30min so my dad has taken it to the auto electrician for me.

ill tell you al whats happenign when i kno :P

VTECACCORD
15-05-2006, 05:43 PM
so you asking a specific Q ? or just lettin us know whats goin on ?

If you need electrical help there are some good guys on here that can give u advice.

Zilli
15-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Ok i got it back on saturday with a new recond engine and a new clutch, and now it doesnt work again..*yay*

1st time screwed- new battery,
2nd time-new alternator
3rd time- new engine and clutch
4th time- ???

i cant dissable to imobilliser and the positive battery terminal gets exstreemly hot, so i think maybe the alarm has short circuted but i dunno, i got work in 30min so my dad has taken it to the auto electrician for me.

ill tell you al whats happenign when i kno :P

holy shit bro, never ending huh? hope its not a very big problem

CRXer
15-05-2006, 09:01 PM
With few details given,the only thing i can think of to draw so much current off the positive without blowing fuses is the starter motor,assuming your battery terminals are clean.Do you have any other accessories wired straight off the battery?

spardikis
15-05-2006, 10:28 PM
a hot battery rod is extremely odd. u would have to be draining huge amounts of current for that to happen. a fuse should blow before u over heat the battery!! is the alternator hooked up the right way??? im stumped!

water in the battery?? are the vents in the battery blocked??? scchee!

Cold Fusion
16-05-2006, 01:30 PM
i took it to the auto electrician...dirty battery terminals (thank god nothign major)

and yeh my subs run off my battery and they drain alot. so that may have been the reason it was hot, i thought though it short circuted something :P

im just glad it wasnt the starter motor hehe coz thats alot mroe than 20 bucks.

i wonder whats gonna go wrong next now hehe

CRXer
16-05-2006, 06:58 PM
The build up on the batt terminal was forming a high resistance joint which is why it was gettin hot.Its like replacing the batt wire with a smaller one,smaller cable= higher resistance=more heat generated(without boring u with the maths).Make sure the subs are fused appropriately & they wont be a problem(fire hazard that is).

NTR16N
16-05-2006, 09:55 PM
these things are the most common issues in a DA9..
nothing major.. usual wear and tear

how many kms on the car??
maybe its time for a huge service..