PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Power FC or Motec M800 ?

AH_HUH
16-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Which Ecu do you people think is better and why?

Apexi Power FC vs Motec M800

panda[cRx]
16-05-2006, 07:15 AM
motec mate, i don't know anyone that has chosen power fc over motec.
autronic is another option at the higher end of the market.

in the end it comes down to your requirements and who will be tuning the car. no point having a super ecu if you have a shitty tuner :)

no doubt this thread will somehow turn into our usual proecu vs hondata vs autronic vs miscellaneous

DynoDave
16-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Which Ecu do you people think is better and why?

Apexi Power FC vs Motec M800
Another ECU thread,what is your car driving like now after Scott tuned it ?
Regards Dyno Dave

zco
16-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Anthony. PM Sent.

AH_HUH
16-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Another ECU thread,what is your car driving like now after Scott tuned it ?
Regards Dyno Dave

The car goes great, except i blew a turbo gasket recently and ive just put in the ATS cross gearset, ATS Carbon LSD, Billet driveshafts, OS carbon twin plate clutch and changed the final drive to 4.4 which means time for another tune to match the gears. While the car is off the road i was thinking about changing ecu's and getting it tuned once instead of tuning it then getting a new ecu then tuning it again. I know ill be back there tuning it again after the internals go in but the *sshole's supplying the motor are taking their sweet time and god knows when its coming.

todaek9
16-05-2006, 01:03 PM
are you saying orange vs apple?

AH_HUH
16-05-2006, 01:06 PM
im taking it that everyone is leaning towards motec :)

Chris_F
16-05-2006, 01:38 PM
motec m800 is motecs top of the line ecu man... who the **** wouldn't choose it over the power fc. :confused:

fatboyz39
16-05-2006, 01:47 PM
motec all the way if pricing isn't a issue

DynoDave
16-05-2006, 02:48 PM
The car goes great, except i blew a turbo gasket recently and ive just put in the ATS cross gearset, ATS Carbon LSD, Billet driveshafts, OS carbon twin plate clutch and changed the final drive to 4.4 which means time for another tune to match the gears. While the car is off the road i was thinking about changing ecu's and getting it tuned once instead of tuning it then getting a new ecu then tuning it again. I know ill be back there tuning it again after the internals go in but the *sshole's supplying the motor are taking their sweet time and god knows when its coming.
There is another hi-end market ecu and for your car and is a plug'n'play deal,Motec is very very good and it would be hard pressed to beat it but have a very good look around before you just buy the name.
Regards Dyno Dave

kongfu
20-05-2006, 07:25 PM
You will get what you paid for ...M800 is really good.its tunable,durable,realiable.

iamhappy46
23-05-2006, 09:28 PM
MoTec M800 is used in Japan by Tomei on their R34 Drag Car. Tomei have their own brand of ECU(Reytek) but they chose an Australian ECU... Goes to show how good they really are ;)

M800 is customisable where as the Power FC is designed to replace a stock ECU without many extra features.

M800 is excellent and gets a 10/10 from me.

EfiOz
24-05-2006, 11:07 AM
And Mugen use EFI Technology on the MF408 Le Mans engines and also in F3 until the FIA bought in the control Bosch unit.