PDA

View Full Version : Brake Calliper Question

egSIR2
29-04-2004, 06:53 PM
hey all,

my eg is fitted with DA integra callipers up front and i wanna up grade them. Can u bolt any of Legend series callipers to DA adaptors??? i have DBA slotted rotors and competition pads that i perfer no to change, although changing the pads would be ok if i have to ...

also, i was told that DC2 ITR callipers and Legend callipers are same, is this true???

i hope u guys can help me

cheers
chris

Breeze
30-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Bigger callipers (legend, s2000, odyssey, NSX) will not work with stock rotors. :x They have the same stud pattern and bolt on to the upright but the offset and diameter of your rotors need to match for the conversion to work. Also you must consider a larger master cylinder if you move to something with much bigger pistons than what you have now.

egSIR2
01-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Thanks Breeze ... thats a good point u make about the master cylinder ... and i surpose i need to rebudet and reconsider my options ... thanks again :)

Cheers

b16a_integra
01-05-2004, 08:37 PM
what would be a good brake upgrade for my LS integra then, i wanna keep my 17's though, so it would still have to be 4stud, the wheels arent universal. i have da6 brakes at the moment.

egSIR2
01-05-2004, 11:58 PM
i think ur current set up is good enough for the street, however u should spend ur money on a set of good competetion pads (Race Brakes in North Melbourne sell them for $150ish front, good for 600+degrees) and slotted rotors up front (again from Race Brakes or DBA) and finally Motul RBF600 brake fluid ...

i recommend these parts coz this is my circuit setup ... they work very very well ... im really only upgrading coz my callipers require replacing

i hope this was helpful

Cheers :)

b16a_integra
02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
i dont want race brakes cause they are no good for street use, or slooted/drilled rotors, they warp. im thinkin of gettin bigger rotors but solids. might look around for something thats no quite competition pads, i dont want my rotors to be eaten way very quickly.

b16a_integra
02-05-2004, 07:08 PM
might upgrade the master cylinder though.

[[d a n n y]]
02-05-2004, 08:45 PM
use the VTIR brakes..

b16a_integra
02-05-2004, 08:50 PM
but are they 4 stud?? or is it hard to get them converted??

[[d a n n y]]
02-05-2004, 08:55 PM
the integra VTIR's r 4 stud same as the CIVIC VTIR brakes

4x100 pattern

b16a_integra
02-05-2004, 08:58 PM
are they any bigger than da6 calipers/rotors?? and theyd be a direct bolt on??

[[d a n n y]]
02-05-2004, 09:05 PM
well i had a breeze and then i swopped over to the eg6 calipers which is the same as VTIR brakes...

which directly bolts in but i just changed the whole thing cuz of the sway bar..

but i am pretty sure they r a direct bolt in..

Redteg
02-05-2004, 10:31 PM
b16a: Why do you need larger brakes? I'm just curious, cause mine, I think, stop awesome. I may be wrong though. Maybe an overhaul of the original components is the way to go?

egSIR2
03-05-2004, 12:05 PM
DA brakes are ok ... and used them track for more than a yr ... r u guys sure that VTiR EK brakes are bigger???

Race Brakes rotors are awsome and dont wrap either dude ... my stock rotors turned blue and had heats cracks that covered the entire surface!!! and each track day would wear of the old heat cracks and replace them with new ones :( and they were warped to the shit house!!! ... but i changed the rotors to a slotted Race Brakes/DBA items and them have turned blue or got any heat cracks at all ater 3 track sessions

the Race Brakes pads make a huge difference too!!! i used to use Endless NA but not even they feel as strong nor as resistent to fade as the Race Brakes pads ... f#@k i sound like a f#@ken salesman!!!

weezer
03-05-2004, 01:24 PM
I've used the Race Brakes Comp pads and they're awesome, especially for the price. Even after 5-6 laps and at 160kph still stops good.

Also im selling my CRX Brakes which i think are the same as EG6 brakes. Complete assembly including rotors (EBC front, DBA rears), caliper, pads, and the Hubs and knuckle. Great brake upgrade for an EG civic, especially if you want to do a 4 wheel disc upgrade ;)

egSIR2
03-05-2004, 06:45 PM
hey they are awsome!!! Phillip Island, Sandown or Calder ... i have no problem pulling up from high speeds

anyway, thats a mad package u are offering "weezer"!!! that would be a bloody awsome upgrade for EGs!!!

are ur pads very noisy though??? mine sure are ...

weezer
03-05-2004, 07:44 PM
yeah they are extremely noisy but i dont drive with those pads on the street as it eats up your rotors. I just use it on the track. I've used it both at Phillip Island and Winton, and they are awesome.