PDA

View Full Version : Xforce twinloop + exhaust questions

Rico
16-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey guys, just deciding now when I get my h22a what type of exhaust setup I should be looking at. Now, I'm pretty much getting a catback to start off with (and the rest later) but the tip is whats worrying me. I dislike the looks of cannons immensly, so I was thinking a xforce twinloop from one of the traders would be good, however I do want some grunt in it and I've heard from alot of members that its too quiet..Just wondering for those with it, at high revs when vtec kicks in does it sound gruntier (like some members have pointed out), or is it still just silent.
I was thinking if its that quiet, maybe get a straight through exhaust for more tone (if that helps), but I hear a straight through on a 4 cylinder sounds crap.
Also someone mentioned that the xforce twinloop can make you loose power? I dont know how but thats just what one person said.
Pretty much I'm looking for an exhaust thats got some tone at idling (not like a cannon) but sounds powerful when in high revs.

ta!

ZeForce
18-05-2006, 08:02 AM
Im also interested to know how the xforce twinloop sounds and performs....

Tobster
19-05-2006, 11:23 AM
A straight-through muffler is best -- so get one that's not a cannon. Straight-throughs don't necessarily sound crap on 4-cylinders -- get a decent muffler, not an el cheapo (e.g a magnaflow -- you can check out how they sound on lots of cars at http://www.magnaflow.com/04sound/04sport.asp). The other trick is not to make the pipe too big -- that's what adds to the bad farty sound, and too big a pipe is as detrimental as too small.

If you're planning on doing the whole exhaust, don't bother with chucking on a cat-back: save your money and do the whole system together -- unless you get advice from a good exhaust shop about the best way to do things in stages. Get advice from a good shop anyway...

Rico
19-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah I was actually thinking heading over to dyno dave once I get the conversion and some cash and seeing the best exhaust setup however I was just seeing about the twinloop cause I'm not a fan of cannons and the twinloop looks sexy.
But thanks dude!

vinnY
19-05-2006, 04:20 PM
my twinloops rather loud, sometimes i just find it too loud.
at full throttle its beefy enough, i'll make a sound recording one of these days.

either way, sounds way better than my stock exhaust which was almost rusted through :)

SLPJCooL
19-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Click on link below for a review of the X-Force TwinLoop Exhaust....
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26965&highlight=twin+loop

I've got one myself and personally I'm loving them. It's true that they're not as sound as your normal 'canon' mufflers, but still giving you this deep racing style tone.