PDA

View Full Version : {ADEL] im creamin

Honda 94 DANTE
16-05-2006, 11:29 PM
i have always been into my car audio n stuff like that, and to top this of my brother who is a ebay freak got me a brand new deck or should i say he got 6 of them lol for $110 each which are dvd, mp3, mp4ect basically everything, plus he got me for $140 two tv screens that ar built into ur sunvisors so i have a dvd player plus 2 tv's for $250 and yes they are great quality i thought it was dodgy but now i got them im lovn it they are great i recomend it 2 every 1.

Nodachi
16-05-2006, 11:33 PM
wat? where?

Honda 94 DANTE
16-05-2006, 11:35 PM
A Bloke In Sydney Has So Much Stuff Its Not Funny, Just Go To Ebay And Type In Sunvisor Tv's Or Type In Car Tv's They Always Come Up, But I Do Know He Is In Sydney And Thers A Guy In Melbourne.

Kandy
16-05-2006, 11:52 PM
i don't get this thread...
what is your point?

Honda 94 DANTE
16-05-2006, 11:54 PM
wat aint i allowed to let a few people know that they can get tv screens for a cheap price

ICACHA
16-05-2006, 11:57 PM
lets see, you got some shit thats cheap and you think its good?

regardless what you think of it, cheap will always be just that, CHEAP regardless what brand its hiding behind hahahahahahahahaha

but good luck to you, hope it brings you lots of enjoyment :)

Fr3aKi3
17-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Ebay has a lot of cheap gear, sometimes you get lucky and actually get a really good deal. BUT most of the time you pay something cheap, you'll get something cheap.

With car audio on ebay, it can be a hit and miss. There are some high end brand available on there for cheap, problem is a lot of them are fakes.

Kandy
17-05-2006, 12:01 AM
oh... the first post just doesn't make much sense that's all.
why don't you post up some pics of your gear then?

Honda 94 DANTE
17-05-2006, 12:05 AM
listen i donno maybe i shouldnt have posted this lol i thought it was k and 4 now its all good, they are clear and all good but who knows only time can tell

Duesta
17-05-2006, 12:59 AM
wat aint i allowed to let a few people know that they can get tv screens for a cheap price
you're being incredibly vague here. which is y not many ppl are understanding your post. Care to start getting a bit more technical with your responses? Like what type of equipment this is, brand, specs etc? And if you did want to let ppl know they can get screens for a cheap price, why not help them out and tell them where it can be obtained?

No offence mate, but so far this just seems like lounge material to me =\

simbadda54
17-05-2006, 10:44 AM
$73 posted for 1200w 2 ch mosfet amp. cheap brand, from same guy i think

ICACHA
17-05-2006, 08:28 PM
$73 posted for 1200w 2 ch mosfet amp. cheap brand, from same guy i think

i just want one hahahahahahaha

im willing to trade my hand made Sinfoni amps for one of them :p

Adelaideprosound
27-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah that 1200watt 2 channel will sound better than your Sinfoni Icacha, due to the fact that it has a MOSFET in it :).

Hahahhahahahahaha anyway ebay away one day you will learn if that stuff was such great quality retailers would sell it to.

George

simbadda54
27-05-2006, 01:12 PM
turns out that the maker of that amp is a/s/d and they make pretty good stuff. Just dont pay as much cos it doesnt have the asd logo on it. instead it has speaker city

Fr3aKi3
27-05-2006, 02:17 PM
turns out that the maker of that amp is a/s/d and they make pretty good stuff. Just dont pay as much cos it doesnt have the asd logo on it. instead it has speaker city

I think you're referring to A/D/S... Genuine A/D/S is good, FAKE A/D/S is bad...
The one you saw was probably on ebay which probably means its a fake. For example:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAND-NEW-1800W-4-CHANNEL-POWER-CAR-AUDIO-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ9730824834QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

That's a brand new "A/D/S" amp... it's amazing that it's brand new considering that A/D/S do not make amps anymore, so the seller must've stocked up and just kept the gear somewhere... (read: sarcasm!). Just by glancing at it, it looks cheap and nasty so most definitely a fake.

Take the new "Holden Barina" as an example, it's a Daewoo that's been slightly restyled and rebadged has a Holden. It's supposedly a decent small car since it's a 'Holden' but so far all reviews have given it the thumbs down since it's just a rebadged daewoo (which wasn't a good start to begin with). Just because there's a different badge on it, doesn't mean that it's a better car.

In the case with the amps, they're all probably made by the one (dodgy) manufacturer and rebadged as various brands...

If that amp is for real and has 1800 watts for all 4 channel's then i'guess i wasted my money since i paid roughly 6 times as much for a Digital Designs (genuine) amp which only has about a quarter of that power... lol But i'm pretty sure my money has been well spent since it's not some dodgy fake.

Oh... just noticed that the 1800watts wasn't an RMS rating, and it's actually 40x4 @ 4ohm, and 80x4 @ 2ohm...
I think i'll stick with my 4 channel: 2x75 and 2x150, both at 4 ohm, or 2x75 and 1x 450 (channels 3 and 4 bridged)

i just want one hahahahahahaha

I'm willing to trade my hand made Sinfoni amps for one of them :p

Would u trade it for my DD C4?? :p

PS: How do you convert from RMS to PMPO? Want to see what the C4 is "really" rated at... lol

Adelaideprosound
27-05-2006, 03:17 PM
The real rating on the C4 is in RMS figures.

PMPO figures mean absolutely nothing.

George
Adelaide Pro Sound

Fr3aKi3
27-05-2006, 03:36 PM
The real rating is on the C4 is in RMS figures.

PMPO figures mean absolutely nothing.

George
Adelaide Pro Sound

hehe yeah I know that... just curious on what the PMPO rating would be just for the fun of it.

simbadda54
27-05-2006, 03:51 PM
i bought the 1200watt speaker city amp from ebay and its hooked up to my audiobahn 12". Even though its dodgo brand it still pumps pretty hard

tranhq
27-05-2006, 04:16 PM
i say the amp will last for 6 months and possibly start a fire. they look similar to BOSS amps.

and that a/d/s gear is definately fake.

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW.

simbadda54
27-05-2006, 05:07 PM
its not the brand ads. its speaker city.

ill also take that bet. 200 bucks that it wont start a fire :P

Adelaideprosound
27-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Simbada i get people daily coming in to see me with ebay purchased stuff.

I refuse to install it because i know that they will come back a week later blaming me for the unit failing. Generally these customers come back and buy something worthwhile.

And i guarantee you that amp wont last long.

Oh and the current A/D/S stuff on ebay is FAKE.

George
Adelaide Pro Sound

Fr3aKi3
27-05-2006, 05:51 PM
its not the brand ads. its speaker city.

ill also take that bet. 200 bucks that it wont start a fire :P

:confused: :confused: :confused:

lol... I think you should keep that 200 for when you need to get a good amp.
Who know's you might be lucky and have a reliable amp, but personally i'd save up and get some good equipment.

EuroDude
27-05-2006, 05:52 PM
i say the amp will last for 6 months and possibly start a fire. they look similar to BOSS amps.

PLACE YOUR BETS NOW.

bwahaha yeah better keep a fire extinguisher in the car ;)
1200w = 100wRMS :p

simbadda54
28-05-2006, 01:46 PM
im kinda on a very tight budget so i think the generic amp is fine for now. Also bought a sony CDX-F7710 for 280 which im quite happy about