PDA

View Full Version : Leaking DA9

IZY-10
17-05-2006, 10:22 AM
hey guys just wondering does anyone elses da leak water inside the car? Under the passenger side and the drivers side. it is definatly not the windscreen. it is a lot of water too. on the drivers side it seems to come out of the air vent. does anyone know wot the problem could be?

crispy
17-05-2006, 10:42 AM
this is a common problem. the leak is getting through the passenger side, through the a/c blower unit. There is a cover covering this part and over time the seals wear away and let water through, there is also an opening in the drivers side. There is a fix to it, but it is time consuming.
Here is a link to a how-to for the leak.
http://g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88730&highlight=water+leak
HTH!!

ACTI0NMAN-1
17-05-2006, 11:41 AM
have a look along the firewall in the engine bay. i had a buildup of leaves in a corner that prevented water running down the correct channels, and seeping thru a firewall grommet.

Spoon DA9R
17-05-2006, 09:38 PM
nope..don't know about that...but i know my boot was leaking due to the bloody antenna....so i just took it out and seal it with electrical tape for now..until i get a full respray i'll fill up the hole...

majic777
17-05-2006, 11:25 PM
could also be the ac drain tube blocked or kinked

wkdteg
17-05-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42718

good method 2 find out where it is
ive found it to b a common problem with a few hondas

Jnr_Mint
19-05-2006, 10:26 PM
I had the same problem... my old man fixed it ...

IZY-10
20-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanx guys i think it is all the gramets that need to be replaced. Thanks especially to CRISPY that i think is the problem as there are no leaves stuck in the drain hole.

aznsiko
20-05-2006, 08:05 PM
nope... but i did in my gf car.. known to ben common with the DAs.

LO_N_SXC
22-05-2006, 09:55 AM
^^^^ All of the above!!!

Rasputin
15-11-2006, 06:11 AM
I simply used silicone sealant around the black cover panels, and where the grommets are. Saves waiting for honda parts, if you can even get them.

Went from having to scoop out water after rain, to bone dry after storms and pressure-hosing.

Spoon da9r:
The antenna has a tube coming out of it, for drainage like the sunroof tubes. Remove the passenger's side corner boot panel and either unblock or reconnect the tube and you'll be ready to go. That or just remove the silver cap on the quarter panel and silicone underneath, which may also work.

IZY-10
15-11-2006, 01:38 PM
lol old thread but anyway i fixed the problem. It was neither of the above. Infact there is a lip that the water was hitting and dripping into the airbox and fresh air box. So what i did was straighten the lip so it is flat.

max06
15-11-2006, 07:14 PM
when i first got my gar i noticed this exact problem. Mine was leaking through to both sides, through the heater system. My dad fixed it by replacing all the little parts that stop water from coming through. What he noticed on my car is that the area where water was first leaking through was at the lowest possible point,which means instead of the water flowing away it would sit in the bottom. So this is possibly a bad design by Honda and not just wear and tare. or Maybe just my car? its obviously a model specific problem.

aznsiko
17-11-2006, 03:37 PM
yeah its a common problem.. i think theres a DIY repair.. search it up on the forum..