PDA

View Full Version : replacing clutch and radiator

Fli Performance
18-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey guys just wondering how many k's before u have to change ur clutch and wen do u notice if it is worn out...and should i put in a heavy duty clutch???

Also my radiator is leaking does anybody know where to get it fixed for cheap.....probably needs a new tank

Any help appreciated Thanks.....

Fli Performance
18-05-2006, 02:17 PM
im in bonnyrigg

dc2dc2dc2
18-05-2006, 02:24 PM
how is this thread 18+ ............

change clutch when it starts slipping...

JRC
18-05-2006, 02:29 PM
fairfield radiators....theyll flush it and put a new radiatior in if thats whats cracked in for cheap....

but it could just be a hose leaking.....do you know where its leaking from?

PS dont use that cheap sealant shite....just get it changed for a couple of hundred...

Spunkymonkey
18-05-2006, 09:42 PM
there is two radiator places in fairfield....on fairfield street. One at the servo, and one in the estate next door at the back. I got mine replaced at the one at the back, but I heard from cousins the one at the front is better.

as for standard clutch, I got to about 130K before it was changed. You can tell when it stops gripping, and seems to get pretty high....

as for hd clutch. Up to you. I've just put one in mine, when I changed my gearbox, and yeah...its great. Depends on if you want your clutch to feel stock, or have a bit more bite.

fuze
19-05-2006, 01:29 AM
Does anyone know if you change the clutch to a HD ones, what do you have to buy..? The disc only or the whole clutch kit..? What's a good/average brand and how much am i looking at to change it for a DC5R..?

CTR Coupe
19-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Please don't misuse the 18+ logo

Spunkymonkey
19-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know if you change the clutch to a HD ones, what do you have to buy..? The disc only or the whole clutch kit..? What's a good/average brand and how much am i looking at to change it for a DC5R..?

most people here are using the Exedy HD, or Exedy Organic. I'm using the Exedy HD, which has a bit more bite than stock. I would go the whole clutch kit. Average price about $400 mark