PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Civic - door and dash removal?

chylld
18-05-2006, 11:35 PM
hiyas

does anyone know how to remove the door and dash panels in a 2006 civic? i'm planning a slightly-bigger-than-standard (12 speaker) audio system for it and will need to go custom to house front tweeters and a centre channel mid-range. the doors need to be pulled apart to change the woofer, and make a hole for the tweeter (unless i decide to mount the tweeter further toward the a-pillar, but i heard too forward ruins the imaging?) the dash needs to be removed so i can put mid-ranges under each of the unused left and right grilles, as well as make a hole for the centre mid-range.

i'm thinking of asking the service dept for a shop manual but don't like my chances of getting one, so does anyone know how to remove panels safely on the 06?

danny_mart
24-08-2007, 02:00 PM
look under the door handles inside there is a little clip in there...unclip that and move on from there.

chylld
24-08-2007, 08:18 PM
holy crap this is an old thread :)

since then i've stripped the car of all trim from the dash back and run speakers and everything etc. mind you only with a standard front splits / sub system, but yeah... this post brings back memories!

danny_mart
24-08-2007, 08:21 PM
what you running now....
anything exciting...

chylld
24-08-2007, 08:24 PM
nope just precision response (aka jaycar) stuff
can't justify more expensive stuff until i sort out the road noise issues...

danny_mart
24-08-2007, 08:39 PM
what issues you got with road noise.....
ive never had any issues with rattling or road noise like some people are saying must be lucky with mine...

chylld
24-08-2007, 08:49 PM
just general tyre noise, noise from bumps in the road and noise from the traffic around you...

i started by setting my goal as the honda accord euro which is quiet enough even by my standards, but i've added so much sound dampening and foam and stuff and haven't even gotten close to that :( so essentially no matter how good my sound system is, there's no point if you can only enjoy it in your driveway or in a traffic jam...