PDA

View Full Version : wat do use reckon

Honda 94 DANTE
19-05-2006, 02:44 AM
i have recently bought a 1994 honda accord 2.2L vtec manual, i run it on premium and the only mod is small amd its a pod, i havnt had an oppertunity to have a drag yet, so i havnt really pushed it to the limit, wat cars do u recon i could beat in general or have a good run with. i also have a 1994 honda civic vti but its auto so i wasnt to lucky, lancers would slightly beat me. jus wanna know in general i dont want to totaly embaress myself and im not stupid i know not to go against turbo skylines or ferraris n stuff like that, im tlkn bout dragin kids in mummys car.

thnx

Honda 94 DANTE
19-05-2006, 02:47 AM
to make it more easier wat do use recon i could rock up next to with comfidence.

EuroAccord13
19-05-2006, 04:04 AM
Hyundai Accent, Elantra
Daihatsu Sirion, Terios
Proton Waja, Persona, Satria
Toyota Starlet
VW Golf Diesel, Polo

It's an endless list....

You are close to referencing this to a street drag and I'm advising you against doing so... :)

Drag right by going to the drag strip and not do it on the road...

JasonGilholme
19-05-2006, 05:43 AM
Yeah mate, don't do it on the street. Bad idea. Dangerous

EGB16A
19-05-2006, 08:15 AM
y hasn't this been closed yet??

[[d a n n y]]
19-05-2006, 08:54 AM
and learn some proper english too
"use".. theres no such word
try what do you recon?

SiReal
19-05-2006, 09:03 AM
"use" = bogan speak. try using "you". Looks and soudns better :)

but yep to answer ur question... basically most small cars out there except for the pocket rockets. Maybe give 95 RON a try instead of 98 RON. Your car might not be tuned to recognise 98 RON and hence cannot utilist the full power of it. I know for a fact that my car has greater mileage on 95 and feels a lil more powerful than standard 91.

Hth

SiReal

Q_ball
19-05-2006, 09:29 AM
Ozhonda....teaching our noobs about cars, AND english ;)

TECDUP
21-05-2006, 12:22 AM
hey i have a 1994 accord exi, and i know that "on track" i could beat stock falcon au's, i kept up with a vs, surprising to me i was side by side the whole way with a si prelude, and i beat my freinds ford probe...for a 2.5 v6 they are all looks no go...
pretty much the honda engines for what they are run really well, your vtec unless you have conversion h22a engine you only have sohc so good for fuel economy not really quick...you will do good against most 4cl cars but thats it without some major mods

mugeneration
21-05-2006, 12:32 AM
YOu'll be able to beat a lot of bogan wagons (mostly coz they have screwed clutches! :-P) I beat a mates v8 commonwhore coz his clutch was that bad it took a few seconds between changes, and everythin else on the car was fairly old and broken too. That car needed burning i swear. Any who most small 4s u will beat. Pretty much any hyundai cept maybe the Tiburon, maybe you will I havnt seen these go tho i hear they get a decent amount of power.

Keep it on the strip ;-)

wynode
21-05-2006, 01:23 AM
And if you guys see a thread that should be closed. REport it please!

http://www.ozhonda.com/legal.php

Section 5(e)

jackosimm
25-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Hyundai Accent, Elantra
Daihatsu Sirion, Terios
Proton Waja, Persona, Satria
Toyota Starlet
VW Golf Diesel, Polo

It's an endless list....

You are close to referencing this to a street drag and I'm advising you against doing so... :)

Drag right by going to the drag strip and not do it on the road...

Know where near our league of turbo Diesel's!!! Leave it for dead! (on strip)

Q_ball
25-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I so feel that this thread should be closed!
The thread starter is OBVIOUSLY wanting information that'll help him drag on public roads!
In no way does he seem sincere in wanting to better his drag car (an Accord?) for racing on drag strip purposes.
Plus he hasnt even bothered to check in once to checkup on the responses.

marte
25-05-2006, 11:17 PM
no clue does wyn want us to report it lol?

Q_ball
25-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I already did!!

jamchen
26-05-2006, 12:25 AM
well.. not too sure about the VW golf Diesel... (unless its the 1.9TDI.. not the 2.0TDI) :D but yeah leave drags to tracks..
just saw two cars tried to proof one is faster than the other by going 0-60 at Alexendra Pde( most melbounre pll will know where i am talking about).. ( to the speed limit) but unfortunately they were a bit high in blood and didn;t realise they were over by 5k.. so all i saw was two bright flashes and i know they just contributed the government $300... :D

marte
26-05-2006, 12:53 AM
LOL i use to live there

wynode
26-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Zdester will decide what to do with this thread guys so don't stress :)

DreadAngel
26-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Ah! Its outside Wyn Jurisdiction la!

jackosimm
26-05-2006, 07:13 AM
yeah bugger it, executive decision!

feel free to contact if you think it should be opened again :)