PDA

View Full Version : DC2 window

typsy
19-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Parked my car at a Westfields shopping centre only to come back and find that some punk decided to smash my window >.<

I'm after the rear 1/4 passenger side window.

Does anybody know if I have to get a window from another DC2? or I can just get somebody to come and find another replacement window?

pkn-xtc
21-05-2006, 02:36 AM
That sucks mate.
You might have gotten lucky tho. Possibly an inexperienced car thief who planned on breaking into your car to steal it and/or your possesions but didn't realise his arm couldn't reach the door lock from that window. haha :p

Anyways, not too sure what you meant by getting someone to come and replace the window, but not any peice of glass will do. I think it would be best to try source the window from a wreckers or even get it new from Honda. Shouldn't be more than one or two hundred.

Spunkymonkey
21-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Try the wreckers first: hontoys, japwreck, honbits.

Q_ball
21-05-2006, 08:29 AM
If you go to wreckers in Syd, try and bargain the guys down, 95% of the time, the person you're dealing with won't know wtf theyre talkin about ahaha.
I wouldnt pay more than 50 for a 2nd hand window from the wreckers ;)

typsy
21-05-2006, 11:29 AM
That sucks mate.
You might have gotten lucky tho. Possibly an inexperienced car thief who planned on breaking into your car to steal it and/or your possesions but didn't realise his arm couldn't reach the door lock from that window. haha :p

Anyways, not too sure what you meant by getting someone to come and replace the window, but not any peice of glass will do. I think it would be best to try source the window from a wreckers or even get it new from Honda. Shouldn't be more than one or two hundred.

Yeh I meant any piece of glass.

Thanks, guess I will just look around at some wreckers.