PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic VTI-L

tulips
19-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Pictures of My 1st car brand new taken from nokia 2 meg pixel mobile

And it is totally!!! breathtaking :D lol.

Alabaster Silver colour !

Side step garnish for front doors

Civic Mats

Tint

I have mudflaps but have not installed them yet ( i dont think they will look good on the car )

http://static.flickr.com/54/149219392_b5e5726c81_o.jpg

there u go

EuroDude
19-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Nice! Luv da metalic paint on those civics.

Man those wheels look small in that pic. Are you planning on getting bigger wheels?

yeehou
19-05-2006, 11:15 PM
Nice, I hope i'll be getting it soon, mine's vtiL too. How much did u get it for? Auto/manual?

yeehou
19-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, honda is too stingy on give bigger size wheel. Since it is made in thailand, they should be more generous.

chylld
19-05-2006, 11:26 PM
nice one tulips! i agree, the mudflaps spoil the look of the car a bit. i wouldn't put them on either.

as to whether bigger wheels would look better, it's a matter of personal pref. i think the vti-l ones are fine, tho here's a pic of my sport (with 16's) for reference:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1649/rear3qtr5jl.th.jpg (http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rear3qtr5jl.jpg)

tulips
19-05-2006, 11:31 PM
:D i dont know guys wheels they look reasonable maybe when i got a few dollars ill add sum but its pretty but the interior!! it seriously is veryyyyy cool

and just the stylee blows the mazzda 3 lol it looks classy and sophisticated i wreckon

EuroDude
19-05-2006, 11:34 PM
yeah 16's look ok :) What colour is that, it looks purple lol. Is that an Astra in the reflection?

tulips
19-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Wowww Thats A Mad Car! Chylld Wow Seriously Wow Lol I Guess The Wheels Do Make It Look Nicer

Good Pic

chylld
19-05-2006, 11:56 PM
the cool thing is, wheels change very easily. think 16's would look better? all you have to do is buy and fit them. 17's? up to you :) seriously, wheels are such a simple and effective mod to do that it makes my upcoming car audio project (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43958) sound over-ambitious :P

the colour is misty violet, it is a purple but it's a very deep purple. and yes that is an astra in the reflection! good eyes.

NeRV
20-05-2006, 12:14 AM
congrats on the purchase guys, all you need to do now, is get bigger wheels... *cough Deep Dish cough* and SLAM SLAM SLAM :)

happy driving

Pimptec
20-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Hmmm I am considering getting the civic sport, this generation seems to do more for me than the last one. I know this has been discussed before but wanted to know how it competes against the competitors out there. Could new sport owners give their opinions on their new ride:)

EuroDude
20-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I was considering the new Civic but the rear lights turned me off. Dunno about you guys but I find that the rear lights look 'boofy' and out of place on a honda, its more suited to a Hyandai or Kia. I would put Altezza lights on in an instant :) But thats just my opinion.

The rest of the car is awesome! It seems more refined than the Mazda 3, and way more sophisticated than the boring Corolla and Accent, better quality than the Astra, and 10 years ahead of the lancer. Honda have done a good job. Despite the rear ;)

tulips
20-05-2006, 07:31 AM
thanks!! well considering im a girl the first 'modification ha ha i did lol was put some cute stuff in my car :DDDDDDDDDDDD

tulips
20-05-2006, 07:34 AM
its An Auto

5 speed i dont think ill ever be usuing the other speeds.. like D3 or sumthing i wouldnt be able to tell the difference :-D

oh p.s whats the best cleaning products to use on the civics... first car and all and really have no idea,, i tried butttt i went to super cheap auto and there was like heaps of cleaning products my head started hurting couldnt make up my mind so i left lol.

and i have no idea if ill get ripped off thinking one is more better or worse,..

so chuck in some cleaning tips will ya :-D thanks every1

chylld
20-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Pimptec: my opinion is, if you want a good handling car get a ford focus or a mazda 3 (which are based on the same platform i think.) the handling in the civic is a bit wallowy and there's quite a bit of body roll. but seriously, apart from that, the civic utterly kicks ass :)

EuroDude: i noticed that too, after i signed the contract the dealer went off to do his thing and i was sitting on a couch with my gf looking at the back of the showroom's civic and my gf goes "you know, the taillights look kinda... angry" hehe but we don't mind. they could be better, but they aren't anywhere near significant enough to turn us off the car as a whole.

chylld
20-05-2006, 07:56 AM
...whats the best cleaning products to use on the civics...

the pic of my car above is just after it was washed (after becoming very dirty!) and this is what i spent/used:

~$20 bottle of meguiar's car wash from k-mart
$20 on a good lambswool mitt to do the bulk of the actual cleaning
$10 on a cheap synthetic mitt to do the wheels and the lower parts of the car (VERY important to have separate mitts)
a good chamois (sp?) to dry off the car. don't skimp on the chamy, a cheap one will leave particles all over your car.

all up not much at all really, plus the above can be used for many washes. good luck!

IS250
20-05-2006, 11:00 PM
Has anyone ever used that Glare Infinity stuff from that paintprotection banner at the top? If so, how was it? Was it worth it?

MiSloVic
20-05-2006, 11:28 PM
I was considering the new Civic but the rear lights turned me off. Dunno about you guys but I find that the rear lights look 'boofy' and out of place on a honda, its more suited to a Hyandai or Kia. I would put Altezza lights on in an instant :) But thats just my opinion.

The rest of the car is awesome! It seems more refined than the Mazda 3, and way more sophisticated than the boring Corolla and Accent, better quality than the Astra, and 10 years ahead of the lancer. Honda have done a good job. Despite the rear ;)

well, i thought the 2 huge round 'red eyes' at the rear resembles a old skyline. and it gives a hint of a nasty squint ;)

EuroDude
21-05-2006, 02:38 AM
lol dunno what it is, they just really annoy me. It reminds me of those disturbing looking rear lights on the Citreon Megane:

http://reichhard-motorsport.com/catalog/images/Renault%20TS/bilderk/F40502MEG.jpg

guess i just hate large boofy lights rofl

nugget666
21-05-2006, 09:40 AM
nice pictures must be a half decent phone.

O yeah nice civic :P

yeehou
21-05-2006, 03:33 PM
i wanna know what you guys think about ruby red civic? The dealer got it in stock, I might like to get it. I want some opinion.

JaCe
21-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Nice VTi-L... same as mine except diff colour! The paint on Honda seems awesome. Was wondering if you live in Bella Vista mate? Look at the full moon (unrelated).

Back on topic, don't be so sure about not using D3... whilst not that noticable in standstill acceleration, it definitely makes a difference when hill climbing and just ... driving? I often switch down to D3 when overtaking; although even without it, the transmission is quite capable of picking the right gear for me. I'm very impressed with the quality of the automatic.

I agree with Eurodude in hindsight... the tail lights ain't as nice as when I first saw them; but then I still think they look pretty decent (and the car on the whole is awesome)... with time, I'll find aftermarket parts to change it :)

As for red civic- it looks pretty nice. It's very bold and in my opinion, very attractive. But it depends if you are going to maintain it properly because in my family's experience, red isn't easy to maintain- and faded red looks damn ugly.

yeehou
23-05-2006, 08:47 PM
What do you guys think of this color?
http://images.carsales.com.au/dealer/carsales/4524416.jpg

yeehou
23-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Please give some opinion, cos I might change my vtiL to red sport. I want some opinion. Can't really make decision.

JaCe
23-05-2006, 11:43 PM
I think it looks nice and has plenty of character/personality. It was actually my 2nd preference after Black.

You tossing up between VTi-L and Sport model? I think there's alot more to it than just the colour! The extra $5k gets you leather, sunroof, indicators built into side-mirrors, exhaust tips, and of course, a slightly better engine with paddleshift. If you were gonna go for the Sport- get it for the right reasons :) I'm pretty sure you can get a VTi-L in Red too.

yeehou
23-05-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks, for your comment, I'm changing to sport because I'm tired of waiting for my vtiL (already two months), they got this civic red demo sport in stock. So i'll just add another $3000 for swapping.

JaCe
24-05-2006, 12:08 AM
$3k more for the demo model Sport (auto)? That's a pretty good deal IMO.

yeehou
24-05-2006, 12:09 AM
yeah, sport auto. I'll go have a look tomorrow, then I'll decide. Still prefer black :(

**Ghost**
24-05-2006, 12:14 AM
my family has a EURO in the same color and imho its a really old and conservative color that makes ur car look more like a shopping trolley than nething.

It doesnt shine well (even after waxing), its not aggressive in any sense, its not a sporty red and the color usually is found on beanies worn by old men.

(sorry to be blunt)

yeehou
24-05-2006, 12:17 AM
lol, I agree.

**Ghost**
24-05-2006, 12:24 AM
just wait and dont get the red one man... or u'll be starting a thread in 2 months time called

"CIVIC 2006 RESPRAY COSTS?"

JaCe
24-05-2006, 07:26 AM
LOL...

I agree- red is hard to maintain. Although if you do it right, it can still look fantastic. My Mum's jag has been waxed and polished many times to maintain it's redness and my cousin's BMW managed to stay that perfect red with a lot of care... but, our other red cars (in the past) have faded from being that brilliant looking red to a rather dull colour.

ps. I still think it looks nice- has a lot more character than say, silver or white (which are rather generic imo).

IS250
24-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks, for your comment, I'm changing to sport because I'm tired of waiting for my vtiL (already two months), they got this civic red demo sport in stock. So i'll just add another $3000 for swapping.

Its up to you, but man that car you're talking about has over 7000km on it, no doubt being driven very hard as well. If you can get them to knock off another grand or two then go for it.

Do you know which dealer its at? If its a dealer that just gives you the car for a test drive without going with you then it would've been thrashed since day one without a proper running in period, you need to take that into account as well.

MiSloVic
24-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Its up to you, but man that car you're talking about has over 7000km on it, no doubt being driven very hard as well. If you can get them to knock off another grand or two then go for it.

Do you know which dealer its at? If its a dealer that just gives you the car for a test drive without going with you then it would've been thrashed since day one without a proper running in period, you need to take that into account as well.

agree.. having to top up $3k for the sport, is just a $2k discount off the NEW sports model.. i would check the sales agreement, if the dealer had promised a particular delivery date, and have failed to delivery the promise, i will discuss about cancelling the sales agreement with them... and.. get them to provide u a free demo car while u are waiting for yours ;)

JaCe
24-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Hmm... doubt they'd do that when the demand for new civic is so high. If it's got 7k KM then that's a pretty extensively used demo car! I was under the impression (misread your post I suppose) that it was <200km or so.

yeehou
24-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks eveyrone comments, I manage to get another $1500 off.

So i'll just add $1500 ontop on $28300

JaCe
24-05-2006, 03:32 PM
That's a pretty decent deal... is the dealer gonna clean up the car, polish it up, etc... for you? I wonder if it came with any additional accessories (dealer fit) because it was used to demo the car?

yeehou
24-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, they gonna polish it, Yeah, it include rear parking sensor. I'll get the car on monday.

JaCe
24-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Remember to take a LOT of photos before you do anything to modify it :) It's good to have memories! I even took a bunch of photos with my phone at the dealership as I picked mine up.