PDA

View Full Version : My Ed Wont Start?? Help!?!

Jord
20-05-2006, 03:58 PM
i own a 1989 honda civic Ed and was installing a jaycar paging alarm...

ok heres wat happened:

i was installing a immobiliser relay into the ignition this arvo all was going well got it all in checked to see if it would work and yes it did.

got it all back in place everything was right.

then the car wouldnt start the starter motor ticks over and there i power getting to the distributer but there is no spark near the spark leads....

my mechanic mate who was with me has absolutley no idea wat we have done.

i have checked all the fuses in the main fuse box inside the car and the one above the right hand strut aswell.... is there more fuses somewhere on the ED body?

i have checked that power is getting there with the multi meter and it is but something is wrong cos it just wont start...

and to make it worse i dont have a manual to tell me wat to check/fix

and i need the car on monday for a driving lesson please help!!!!!

does anyone no where there is a site i can download a manual from or tell me what to check?

-Jord

offthe_edge@hotmail

nugget666
20-05-2006, 04:05 PM
hmmmmm and there is definetly power geting to the start motor?

couldnt have aflat battery

Jord
20-05-2006, 04:07 PM
yeap definatley sure the battery is fully charged just doesnt wanna start i must have knocked somethign out somewhere but who noes wat it was......

CRXer
20-05-2006, 04:15 PM
If your starter kicks then the fusing if fine.
My guess is the immob relay is hooked up wrong,what colour wire did you hook it into? Sounds like ur immobilising the distributor. And check the alarm is activating this relay correctly.

Jord
20-05-2006, 04:17 PM
when it didnt work at all i took the whole immobiliser setup out it was connected to the big white wire coming off the ignition. since then i too it out and re-wired it back together and the car wont start again....

CRXer
20-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Im just going off '91 CRX knowledge but it seems ur immobing the majority of the car by using the white wire,this is b4 the ign switch.So i think u have fried the relay contacts as i doubt the relay u have is rated high enough.Take relay out completely and see if it starts.If so,go buy another relay and just hook it into the black/yellow(i think,check this).This wire is your starter solenoid wire,so check the colour code at the starter solenoid to see if its the same as at the ign sw.It will be coming off the ign 1 posi on the switch in any case.

Jord
20-05-2006, 04:34 PM
yea i have taken it completely off and it doesnt start still..... i dunno wether it could be an earth or a fuse.. but i dont no where to look.. i have looked in the main fuse box and the fuses above the right strut tower but they r all fine.

the little solonoid next to the distributer has power going to it i just double checked..

sorry i just have no motor knowledge at all...

CRXer
20-05-2006, 04:48 PM
R u visually inspecting the fuses or with a multi?

Have u immobed the fuel pump?

U'll just have to go over any connections u've made and narrow it down.

Jord
20-05-2006, 04:51 PM
i am visually checkin all the fuses.

no i havent immobilised anything cos i took it all out and there is fuel getting to the motor cos i can smell it.

i have looked at everything i have touched today and everything is back to how it was.

do u no where i could get myself a wiring diagram for the D15B4 starter system?

add me to msn dude

offthe_edge@hotmail.com

CRXer
20-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Not on msn,i can only build PC's i dont know how to use them.

Do a search of service manuals,im sure ive seen a couple of threads with links.

I'd prob start looking at the coil.

Try testing all ur fuses with a multi
Either,
Test u got 12V to ground on both sides of fuse when its in place,
Test u got 0V across the fuse with it in or
Take it out and see if its continuous ie very low ohms.

Sorry,not feeling well today,cant think & got big hassles of my own with the rex.

Btw the only fuses r where u checked

Jord
20-05-2006, 05:14 PM
i need a manual so i can see which relay i should check etc. anyone no an online site?

Setanta
20-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Check the main relay in case you have damaged it as well

Jord
20-05-2006, 10:54 PM
where is the main relay?

CRXer
20-05-2006, 11:03 PM
I think Setanta was talking about the Main Fuel Injection Relay which u dont have.

Setanta
21-05-2006, 02:17 AM
LOL - damn - too long since I've had an ED :D

okocimski
21-05-2006, 08:01 AM
heres a link to honda manuals. I'm pretty sure that they are for the USDM models, but the the same i imagine :confused:

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

i think you gotta sign up

Jord
21-05-2006, 05:10 PM
why is it that all these site have all the mauals except for my honda the 1989 Ed (88-91) this is ****ed....

okocimski
22-05-2006, 11:35 AM
why is it that all these site have all the mauals except for my honda the 1989 Ed (88-91) this is ****ed....

Its always the way mate, whatever you want you never get.
My fault, i didnt check before posting the link, soz :(

Jord
22-05-2006, 06:56 PM
cheers man at least u tried the auto electrictrian will be coming round in the next week.... i think i may have spark a wire somewhere...hmm

Jord
24-05-2006, 08:19 PM
can anyone explain why when i went to my car today and turned the key. the ****in thing started after i have organised a auto sparky?

could this be battery? even tho the battery was fully charged i triple checked.

ECU-MAN
24-05-2006, 11:38 PM
sounds like the ICM

they do that some times.

iamhappy46
24-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah, the Emission Control Unit(under the passenger floor carpet/metal plate) is a POS. However, it does not control coil spark...

Sounds like ya had a loose wire or something under the dash. Which wires did you cut/modify?

CRXer
25-05-2006, 02:21 AM
^ ...... ? .......

Who's got a loose wire?

Gotta watch those painkillers man......

Jord
25-05-2006, 07:00 PM
nah i dunno wat it was but it is all working fine now and i have th alarm fully installed :D