PDA

View Full Version : New Euro 06 owner

davidnp
20-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi folks,

Been lurk'n for several weeks now. I have been informed by Courtney & Patterson Heidelberg that my new black Accord Euro Lux wil be delivered this Tuesday (T - 3 days and counting). My first NEW car purchase and my first Honda.

Anyway, I'm an old(ish) fart so I'm not interested in moding tho I'd like to get the windows tinted (tint professor sounds OK). So while I probably wont contribute much (other than having a few noob Qs) I do enjoy reading heaps of the posts. Some of u guys crack me up (in a good way :p )

Can't wait.

Cheers, David.

yfin
20-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Welcome David - there are heaps of ways you can contribute even if you don't plan on modding. First thing to do is post up some pics when you get the car and how you are finding it.

Enjoy.

jamchen
20-05-2006, 11:50 PM
congrats on purchase, is urs with or without the sat nav?
we also got our euro from C & P and as personal taste, they have the best service i've had so far :D

davidnp
21-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

No sat nav. Couldn't bring my self to justify the extra cost for it, tho it would be a great toy to have.

I will need to work out where to get servicing done. I live down south (Aspendale, Victoria) so Robert lane Honda along the Nepean Hwy is probably the closest dealer. Wonder if they're any good?

Now, I just have to get rid of my VTII (1999) Commodore Exec. Ooh, I'm so over that car!

David.

toE
21-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Welcome :)

Take her to Travis Honda in Frankston.
Loz aka panda[CRX] will look after you.

Just a suggestion :)

hogs
21-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Welcome!!

Black color will need extra loving and caring in Melb. But it looks awesome when clean, esp the lux!!
Enjoy the ride!!

cheers

davidnp
21-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks.

panda[CRX] sounds like a live wire. I might just give them a go ;)

David.

maracer
21-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome Dav
Euro great car, my choice in a 4 door. 5 speed auto or 6 speed manual?
Don't forget to send us some pic's:)

SiReal
21-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Welcome David,

Great car you're going to get there! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, even from the test drive, or else you wouldnt have bought it!

Accords in general are great. Good size, not too bad fuel economy and a boot big enough to put one bike in.

You said you were 'old-ish'. hehe... Well I hope you can understand that most of us modding 'kid's in these forums are not typical of what is portrayed in the media. So maybe you can help us spread the message that we are all responsible firendly drivers :)

Anyway, enjoy ur new car and ahoy!

SiReal

davidnp
21-05-2006, 09:25 PM
maracer - Auto, told you I'm old :p

SiReal - Yeh, old(ish) is right. But while you guys shouldn't expect to see me at any meets (and if you met me you would be thankfull for that!) I like people who are passionate about their interests so I'm happy to be here.

And as I said I'm sure I'll have some noob Qs. I'm about as non-machanicaly minded as you could get.

David.

matt
30-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Now, I just have to get rid of my VTII (1999) Commodore Exec. Ooh, I'm so over that car!

Welcome David.

i hope you enjoy your car and your time here.
nice move from the commodore to the Euro. i did a similar move but to an Integra Type R.
but yeah as the others have said get some pics up too.

tony1234, your car sounds good but start your own thread man

mugen88
30-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Welcome David good 2 c another Euro in Melb.

There is a Melb Euro meet comming up in Brighton if you have time, follow the link for more info: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50381

Age is no barrier and passion is shared by all here for all Honda's.

Enjoy!

djgarv
30-08-2006, 11:21 PM
and if you are "oldish" you might be more skilled on the bbq :)

what's oldish? cos i certainly feel old these days

Dray_Templar
31-08-2006, 10:24 AM
not another one :( JK :P

welcome mate, and congrats on your purchase of a honda :)

hope you enjoy you time in the forum.