PDA

View Full Version : any help ... maybe some tips..

swink
30-04-2004, 02:41 PM
hey all,

im going to have a look at a few dc2r's tommorow and i was wondering if there any things i should be looking for ... as in faults and weaknesses.

also .. i know honda engines cant last a while if looked after properly but how much km's would you consider before thinking twice..

any tips would be greatly appreciated thnx.

CJL
30-04-2004, 04:59 PM
hmm dont really know alot but personally i wouldnt get a car with over 100,000 km's. also maybe sus out the owner of the car to see how old they are if its an old dude its probably a good buy.. thats my 2cents :)

Jim80y
30-04-2004, 05:13 PM
The two things I would definitely look at with DC2Rs are the gearbox, and oil consumption. Check if you can shift smoothly with no crunching to make sure the synchros aren't worn. Don't know how you can check for high oil consumption though.

Apart from that just check for the normal stuff e.g. accident history, service history, etc.

mugsee
30-04-2004, 06:21 PM
check the body for welding - just to make sure that it hasn't been in a serious accident before.

let him drive the car first to see what kind of driving style he takes the car through - ie. whether he thrashes the shit through it or babies it (not a GREAT indicator, but something at least)

swink
30-04-2004, 08:34 PM
thanks all ... ill see how i go, may be cruzin home in a teg :D

Javed
30-04-2004, 10:41 PM
mugsee, when people sell their car and take peeps for a drive they dont thrash it, because they are trying to sell their car.

Javed

wynode
30-04-2004, 10:47 PM
As Javed said......and also, you'll be hard pressed to find an ITR driver who doesn't drive it hard ;)

mo
30-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Get them to take you for a drive and get them to launch/thrash whatever the car (just once won't do much harm ;)) and see how he does it...if it's in a bad way then it could mean that he does it that way often and is bad!!

McChook
30-04-2004, 11:09 PM
As Javed said......and also, you'll be hard pressed to find an ITR driver who doesn't drive it hard ;)

Its so true - Unlike a lot of cars and their drivers, ITR owners know what the car is meant to do.....

skoota
30-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Firstly I would check to see whether there has been some panel work - as quite a few DC2's I test drove had a few suspect spots. Also the gearbox - i found some crunched from 4-5 and 5-4 get me? :P

BlakTegra
01-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Mine crunches from 3rd to 5th.
Is that bad?

euGeR
01-05-2004, 01:51 PM
personally I'd by a really thrashed one with a good body and high mileage - good interior
As long as the body is good, and it's not blowing alot of smoke at high revs, revs smoothly, it's gonna be alright. Anyway, you're gonna mod it right?

Make sure you get a good price for it, then order that toda crate engine ahahha to rebuild it :thumbsup: and it'll be like new :D