PDA

View Full Version : Long Legs

bugalugs
21-05-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi, is there any such thing as a seat extension for guys with long legs,
like longer rails etc? I am 6'4" and need a little more room - seat to go back another 3-4"
Help needed desperately if I am to buy my dream car. (06 acc euro lux)

SPEEDCORE
21-05-2006, 06:11 PM
If you are wanting to pull the seat further back then I think you will be hard pressed to find something off the shelf that will acheive this.

If you have found that your knees where hitting the underside of the steering column.... then there may be a solution.

I have heard that a few DC5R guys have installed Super Low rails by Bride specifically for the Recaros and it helped out in this department. Whether they have such a solution for those gorgeous leather thrones in the Euro I am not sure but something to look into.

LowEk
21-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Hi, is there any such thing as a seat extension for guys with long legs,
like longer rails etc?
Help needed desperately if I am to buy my dream car. (06 acc euro lux)

You must be bigfoot or something if you still need more room.

EuroDude
21-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah the Euro is already quite spacious, how about taking one for a test drive and see if u fit ok?

Captiva_Blue
21-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Euro owners correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the side airbags in a Euro are seat mounted. If you want your car to stay legal (ie: your insurance and CTP will still cover you in a stack), you CANNOT modify the seats in any way (this would include changing the mounting of the seat as it would change the inflation space available for the 'bags).

By seat extension do you mean something to make the seat go further back or something to give better under-leg support?

SiReal
21-05-2006, 10:25 PM
sorry to spam, but have you watched police academy with high tower and the lil gen 1 civic? that might be a solution. hehe.

bugalugs
22-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Something to allow the seat to go back further.

bugalugs
22-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah the Euro is already quite spacious, how about taking one for a test drive and see if u fit ok?
Ok for midgets, been there done that, simply not enough leg room!

bugalugs
22-05-2006, 05:31 PM
sorry to spam, but have you watched police academy with high tower and the lil gen 1 civic? that might be a solution. hehe.

Strange that I fit in old civics (owned two) but not enough leg room in new euro!

bugalugs
22-05-2006, 05:33 PM
You must be bigfoot or something if you still need more room.

I am not short like some!!

bugalugs
22-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Euro owners correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the side airbags in a Euro are seat mounted. If you want your car to stay legal (ie: your insurance and CTP will still cover you in a stack), you CANNOT modify the seats in any way (this would include changing the mounting of the seat as it would change the inflation space available for the 'bags).

By seat extension do you mean something to make the seat go further back or something to give better under-leg support?

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering about the legality of it.
Seat to go back further