PDA

View Full Version : I want to rice my Civic06

JaCe
21-05-2006, 05:09 PM
It's true. I'm a ricer at heart. I can't do performance modifications because I'm a P plater and I'm scared of voiding my 5 year warranty on the Civic VTi-L.

So what should I do?

I'm thinking of getting a body kit installed- but then I'm concerned I might scrape it since I seem to scrape the front bumper when I drive around in say West Penno (there are a few areas with big edges ><) and even today in Castle Mall when I was parked behind The Games Wizards and had to drive down the hill back onto the road- it explains why the only ppl game to park in the lot were 4WDs!

I am planning to change the tail lights but so far haven't seen any nice ones yet for the 06 Civic.

I tried changing the front light bulbs but the guy from the auto shop in Hornsby Westfield said it's pretty hard to access the light bulb area on my car and isn't really worth the trouble (yet)- but I might consider it later when I'm not in such a rush.

Also wish I could change exhaust to sound a bit better (I already said I was a ricer!) but... I don't wanna do anything which'll void the new car warranty- esp since it's still <3mths old.

Any recommendations guys?

I live in Sydney in the Hills District, anywhere closer rather than further is also a good place. Bear in mind I don't know much about cars so I wouldn't know how to install the body kit or anything on my own and will likely be getting others to do it.

Cheers.
PS. It's an automatic so I don't even think I'll change the gearshift.

JaCe
21-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Btw I'm aware of this thread- http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41413

... it's a good read.

But in case anyone says I'm asking a double-question, this thread is more specifically (maybe not so obvious)- what's available for the Civic 06?

nugget666
21-05-2006, 05:18 PM
why not find some nice rims. lower it a bout 30mm.

then focus on stereo.

then you will have a nice looking ride with beats to go with it.

JaCe
21-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I was thinking Rims but I already have Alloy Wheels... not quite sure on the relationship between Rims and Alloy Wheels; but will they just 'go on top' of them?

As for stereo... integrated dash greatly limits deck options; but I added in a 4ch amp with a sub- the reason it's a 4ch is so that end of year I can use the other 2 channels to add in a pair of good speakers. I figured it's better to do it in two stages rather than use a limited budget and buy averageish speakers/crappy sub in one go.

nugget666
21-05-2006, 06:09 PM
you will be taking your wheels of and replacing them with another set.

**Ghost**
21-05-2006, 07:04 PM
I was thinking Rims but I already have Alloy Wheels... not quite sure on the relationship between Rims and Alloy Wheels; but will they just 'go on top' of them?

GAGAGAGHAHAHAHAH aHHAHAH AHAHhahahaha hAHAHahHAhahaHah ahAHha haha ha ahhah AHhaha

JaCe
21-05-2006, 07:30 PM
I really don't understand this alloy wheel/rims thing... I am a n00b to technical things :P

Maybe I should just get a set of spinners for my car... can't get any more ricey :) Out of interest, are those things expensive/hard to install?

nugget666
21-05-2006, 07:46 PM
umm its not technical.

its taking a wheel off and putting another one on :S

EuroDude
21-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Dump the car a bit, get some bigger rims - 17's would look good. You will need to wait months for Altezza rear lights to be available. lol I would give spinners a miss.

As for the stock stereo, get an iPod and an IceLink Plus (u can control the ipod via the steering/HU buttons) to attach it to the stock head unit, and get an amp that accepts normal speaker inputs from the rear speakers and run a Sub and decent 6x9's. Im using an Audison SRx3 and it sounds great.

J-MuN
21-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I ask the question WHY!?

Don't waste the car.

egSi
21-05-2006, 08:41 PM
ricing your car will instantly devalue it.

trade it in for a getz and wreck that

Zilli
21-05-2006, 08:48 PM
ricing your car will instantly devalue it.

trade it in for a getz and wreck that

right on

Rice_4_life
21-05-2006, 08:55 PM
dont listen to them rice it up all u want. If ur azn its understandable =P (im azn as well so not a racial thing im saying).

NeRV
21-05-2006, 09:00 PM
just mod your car smartly, dont just go putting anything onto it, choose wisely and carefully and take your time, dont get anthing from an impulse buy and then sit back later on and regret it... and like trav said, it will only devalue your car.

oh rice_4_life its spelt Asian

Rice_4_life
21-05-2006, 09:05 PM
i noe how to spell Asian, it's a forum nobody really goes through the trouble of spellin every individual word out correctly. But sum ppl actualli do go through the trouble, god noes why.

integraz
21-05-2006, 09:18 PM
mate its ur car do whatever u want with it,

like seriously, there is not point modding [engine wise] his car anyway, like ive got a honda integra base auto, practically the same as civic with sports shell.
No point, its been tried an tested, not enough gains from it due to the gearbox and engine.
So i reckon ull be wasting more money on making it faster than making it look better.
And if u say go turbo, get a different car for turbo because the box doesnt like it, and also ur on ur ps.

What i say u should do, make it a nice nice cruiser.
Put big rims on it.. 18inch, lowered, nice sound system and ull have a pretty nice ride.

blu3illusion84
21-05-2006, 10:52 PM
all show no go..
-first get a nice set of rims!
-dump it
-exhaust

go for VIP look.. all set!

JaCe
21-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Dump the car a bit, get some bigger rims - 17's would look good. You will need to wait months for Altezza rear lights to be available. lol I would give spinners a miss.

As for the stock stereo, get an iPod and an IceLink Plus (u can control the ipod via the steering/HU buttons) to attach it to the stock head unit, and get an amp that accepts normal speaker inputs from the rear speakers and run a Sub and decent 6x9's. Im using an Audison SRx3 and it sounds great.

I wouldn't mind nice rims... should look good.

As for stereo.. no need to attach iPod since it already has a 6-cd wma/mp3 stacker and I only have a 4gb iPod Mini anyway. Hooked up an RF amp + RF sub; waiting until I save up a bit more and planning to add dual-tweeter RF speakers end of year.

I ask the question WHY!?

Don't waste the car.

Too many of my friends are buying this car now... and I'd like mine to be a little bit different. Doesn't have to be a major difference; but something a bit more unique. I'm glad there are quite a few ppl here who understand the point of ricing a car- sure I'd like a performance car but on my P's, insurance is expensive, and there's P plate restrictions- that and my car is an automatic so even with whatever engine mods you put in, I'd be better off spending money elsewhere.

Anyone got a decent idea of how much nice rims'll cost? I guess if I want to put 17s, I'll need to change tyres too... Considering I only earn $2k a month- this could take a while to save up for^^

EDIT: Thanks for the positive feedback btw guys :) Wouldn't expect anything like this on the OHS forums... wonder if they're still up!

tanalasta
21-05-2006, 11:49 PM
2k a month isn't too bad for a p-plater :P

Just be careful - ricing up your car can also count as modding which equals:
1. more expensive insurance and/or your added bits may not be covered by the insurance company in the event of an accident.
2. can void the manufacturer warranty.

With a new set of 17" rims means a purchase of 17" tyres - good ones can go for almost $200 EACH. So mmm... yes, you will have to save up quite a bit. 17" may also mean a firmer ride.

Otherwise, a civic isn't really worth 'ricing' up. I'd change the wheels, maybe get some body kit parts, consider upgrading the headlights (HID's would be out of your budget, so maybe some good PIAA 5000-6500K lights) and possibly the Mugen exhaust. And definitely the sound system - the stock speakers are bad.

To put things into perspective, the only thing I'm planning to do for my Honda Civic when the damn thing arrives is add the Modulo bodykit which has already been ordered. The Mugen one looks nice, sure - but the Modulo was more subtle.

re: spelling - yes, I can be bothered to type properly. I was given an education, I like to think it didn't go to waste.

EK9_boi
22-05-2006, 09:25 AM
With a new set of 17" rims means a purchase of 17" tyres - good ones can go for almost $200 EACH. So mmm... yes, you will have to save up quite a bit. 17" may also mean a firmer ride.

You need to let me know where you get your tires man - $200 is NOTHING for good tires. Try $300+ per corner if you want something that is decent for that size - eg.

- Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-55S (Illegal for street use)
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-050A Pole Position (NEW and better version avail in Oct 06)
- Yokohama Advan Neova
- Yokohama Advan A048 (yes they are street legal now in Vic anyway)
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (VERY EXPENSIVE)
- Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
- Toyo Proxes T1R
- Falken Azenis

To put things into perspective, the only thing I'm planning to do for my Honda Civic when the damn thing arrives is add the Modulo bodykit which has already been ordered. The Mugen one looks nice, sure - but the Modulo was more subtle.

Mugen is da bomb - it's just a matter of personal taste! The Modulo is not as aggressive IMO, I like a little bit of "road presence"! :p

cheers

iigrover
22-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Go for the blue lights underneath, scrolling LEDs in the back window and hydrolic suspension. Yeah baby!

Civique
22-05-2006, 02:06 PM
if rice is what you want to do the go for it, but dnt go to overboard, balance in life is allways good, that y i eat bran cereals (plug! plug!)

oh and wheels and alloys are the same thing really, wheel is jst what holds the tire and comes with the rim :-).......so many names for one item, things can get confusing,but u shud learn alot from this site

dc2dc2dc2
22-05-2006, 02:08 PM
put on some nice 19" chromies and work on sound system ! and pimping interior !

krogoth
22-05-2006, 06:43 PM
IMO, stock speakrs arent that bad

the reason so many ppl think that they are is coz the stok headunit is shit

replace the headunit with something else, pioneer, JVC, blaupunkt, a good one that can support amps, new speakers shoodnt cost ya more than $500 installed(i got my blaupunkt for $350 installed)

leave the stok speakers, they will sound much beta with the new head unit

a new head unit will also give u the capacity to expand ur sound system later, say if u wanna get a sub, or some new amps, or some new 6" splits

JaCe
22-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Stock speakers aren't that bad... only bad when compared to good ones :)

Can't change the head unit... it's way too integrated into the dash- and besides, I'm quite happy with having with my deck because it looks good, has the features I want (6-stack wma/mp3) and steering wheel controls. The amp is connected with an Alpine converter.

The thing is- i need to maintain some conservatism (after all, this car is going to be used to get me to business clients and whatnot)... but I think the exhaust needs to be changed for sure; just not sure where nearby I can get it done... and I am intending to put on a nice bodykit; but also not sure where to get it installed or if there's any good places nearby to order it for me (saving me trouble of arranging transport/etc... when ordering from Malaysia). Any tips?

Btw.. LOL @ blue leds... i can't believe honda has that as an option on the interior.

PS. The modulo kit looks nice- I have it as one of my wallpapers :) ... my cousin went very subtle when he put body kits on his GTR/Evo and IMO, subtle kits look the best... but then, I'm more than open to try something a bit more... noticable.

Thanks for the replies guys :) Pls feel free to name any good places to visit if I want a good quality job.. I don't mind paying a bit more for install if it comes from a reputable place with decent warranty.

tanalasta
22-05-2006, 08:33 PM
And not only are the blue LEDS an option, but a very expensive option at that. I assume the price includes installing seeing you're paying over $100 for several LED's!

I would recommend the Mugen exhaust - I haven't used it personally but by reputation, they are very good.

JaCe
22-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Any words/tips on how much I should be expecting to pay for it, and where to get it done/cost of install in Sydney?

I hope it sounds sweet :) I think I'd prefer adding nice exhaust to the body kit. Just worry that it might screw up warranty if done wrongly?

PS. Does the exhaust need to be specific for my car model?

krogoth
23-05-2006, 12:33 PM
if u cant get a mugen exhaust, just go down to some random exhaust place, theyll throw in a stainless steel rear muff and new 2.25" pipin up to the cat for about $500

thats wat i did to my 7th gen, sounds great and no troubles at all yet, and im not judging blindly here, ive heard mugen zorstz and others, my generic brand sounds just as good, IMO

PS, dont go chukin in a high flow cat or 2.25" stainless steel pipin the whole way or extractors coz i believe that these modifications void the new car warranty (although makes the exhaust note 10x beta)

EK9_boi
23-05-2006, 12:54 PM
if u cant get a mugen exhaust, just go down to some random exhaust place, theyll throw in a stainless steel rear muff and new 2.25" pipin up to the cat for about $500

thats wat i did to my 7th gen, sounds great and no troubles at all yet, and im not judging blindly here, ive heard mugen zorstz and others, my generic brand sounds just as good, IMO

PS, dont go chukin in a high flow cat or 2.25" stainless steel pipin the whole way or extractors coz i believe that these modifications void the new car warranty (although makes the exhaust note 10x beta)

Just don't get a fart cannon - some mufflers are just offensive - the Mugen one is likely to be FAR better make in terms of quality and exhaust note than an oversized coke can. :p Think of the R & D that Mugen (or some other proper tuning power house like HKS, Blitz, Apex'i, Fujitsubo, etc) has put behind it in comparison to some dude at Mr. Muffler... :rolleyes:

If you can wait, wait for HKS to develop one (they will) cos I've had one before in a previous car and they sound wicked! I've heard too many fart cannons to know that a good muffler is not only worth the wait but also the money.

My 2c ;)

cheers

krogoth
23-05-2006, 04:38 PM
LOL, yeh i guess ur rite, the HKS or the mugen wood be beta, but i got my sexy soundin "fart cannon" for $300 installed, in a small workshop on Londsdale street in dande

lol, im gona get flamed for doin somethin so seemingly foolish like takin my brandnew car to some no name workshop, but i looked the guy up, even spoke to a few people that actually did their muff work there and said that its a pro workshop, i reccomend the guy. the workshop is called Tonyz Mufflers, LOL

gelo
23-05-2006, 06:27 PM
You need to let me know where you get your tires man - $200 is NOTHING for good tires. Try $300+ per corner if you want something that is decent for that size - eg.

- Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-55S (Illegal for street use)
- Bridgestone Potenza RE-050A Pole Position (NEW and better version avail in Oct 06)
- Yokohama Advan Neova
- Yokohama Advan A048 (yes they are street legal now in Vic anyway)
- Michelin Pilot Sport 2 (VERY EXPENSIVE)
- Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
- Toyo Proxes T1R
- Falken Azenis

cheers

i wouldnt put half those tyres on the civic man
major overkill
esp if he is ricing the car

i think some more sensible suggests are:
bridgestone potenza g3
toyo t1r
dunlop dz101
yokohama advan sport
eagle f1 gds3

btw jace this is angelo

industrie
23-05-2006, 06:29 PM
alot of fluffy toys and put stickers all over it...as well...put on a loud exhaust...put neons all over the car....and put chrome all over it....no worries your car will be awesome :cool:

JaCe
23-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Haha... I refuse to cover my car with stickers and fluffy toys... not yet anyway. The most I've got is a tissue box with a cover (it's a sheep);

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/1803/sheep9qe.th.jpg (http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sheep9qe.jpg)

... LOL.

Btw, I know this sounds stupid, but is it possible to change/modify the exhaust/tips to look good and sound decent without voiding the warranty? I know the tips should be easily done since there are dealer fit accessories which cover the dual-exhaust, but I was thinking of how to make it sound good. If I put the Mugen exhaust (anyone got pics/links to English websites?), what will it look like and will it void new car warranty or have legal issues/ramifications?

*is quite clueless*

Thanks for the price info btw guys... it seems the price of upgrading my front speakers and changing exhaust are about the same!... which one to go for?! haha...

krogoth
23-05-2006, 07:21 PM
im sorry if i offend some ppl, but i rekon tips look shit and sound shit

tips look really really crap, IMO, coz wen someone cheks out ur car and Cz that therz a shiny stainless steel tip and then lookes harder to examine, and ends up realisin that the only thing shiny is the tip, the muff + pipin behind it are all a dark dirty mild metal color

so u draw attention to urself, in the rong way, and besides most tips dont make much improvement to the exhaust note of ur civic

get a new rear muffler, itll make a huge difference to the exhaust note, as the stok muff uses insulation and noise cancellation to mute the sound produced, wile the fat cannon i have just uses insulation to cut noise, therefore itll make ur car sound FULLY SIK, lol,

PS if u decide on gettin a new muff or tip, post up some pics anyway, itd be nice to c wat uve done

take a look at my cannon, LOL

http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn2226medium0qw.jpg

tanalasta
23-05-2006, 07:27 PM
I gave up waiting for a Civic + body kit and paid $2000 more for an Accord Euro Sport *grins*

That's a riced up Euro if I'd ever seen one. Even the dealer on the test-drive said he wished they'd put in a higher output engine in the sport.

Rice_4_life
23-05-2006, 10:17 PM
jus buy cheap imitations of everything, tats ricey. No point blowing money on legit shit jus go the easy way and buy cheap rips =P

JaCe
23-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Nice cannon... can u post a pic of the whole rear? (blur the plates if u're worried).

As for cheap stuff... Haha I want good quality stuff for the exhaust... don't want it looking crap or sounding crap. Just need to make sure I buy the right stuff- or maybe I should go to a proper place who will do the importing/installation for me and get them to buy for me- that way the onus is on them to buy the right stuff.

EDIT: noone commented on my tissue box mod? =(

krogoth
24-05-2006, 12:51 AM
LOL, the tissue box is cool man, im gona get one with some OH stikers and stik it in ma car

i wood have posted up some full body pics, but i cant find them, strange, i swear i took pics of the bak wen i borrowed my mates camera

if i can find full pics, ill post em up

EK9_boi
24-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Nice cannon... can u post a pic of the whole rear? (blur the plates if u're worried).

As for cheap stuff... Haha I want good quality stuff for the exhaust... don't want it looking crap or sounding crap. Just need to make sure I buy the right stuff- or maybe I should go to a proper place who will do the importing/installation for me and get them to buy for me- that way the onus is on them to buy the right stuff.

EDIT: noone commented on my tissue box mod? =(

Trust me, you'll get FAR greater satisfaction from a proper muffler! Check hese sites:

http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/
http://www.spoon.jp/jp/
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/
http://www.blitz.co.jp/
http://www.apexera.co.jp/carlife.html

If you have trouble reading Japanese, try http://www.google.com.au/language_tools?hl=en they'll help you.

cheers

type one
24-05-2006, 09:36 AM
spoon doesn't have any parts yet for 06 civic... well oil cap and rad cap hahaha

EK9_boi
24-05-2006, 10:28 AM
spoon doesn't have any parts yet for 06 civic... well oil cap and rad cap hahaha

he did say RICE didn't he? :p back on topic. TEIN is rumored to release something for the Civic next couple of months in the way of springs or coilovers. Koni supposed to have something because they touge'd the Civic Si in BMI American Touge 2... no listing as yet though which is disappointing. Koni's are good for Australian conditions too...

cheers

JaCe
24-05-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm looking at the Mugen site and all I can see is something called Sports Silencer... I can't understand Japanese that well so out of interest, does anyone know what it'll do? If it silences my exhaust... I don't think it'll sound much nicer? *could be wrong* Btw the numbers at the bottom (eg. 2.00L, 1.8S, 1.8GL, etc...)- can anyone tell me what they mean? I'm guessing the different models but I'm not sure which one will correspond to mine; I'm guessing 1.8S for sedan?

At uni atm- supposed to be working so I'll check the other links when I get home. Thx for them though!

EK9_boi
24-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm looking at the Mugen site and all I can see is something called Sports Silencer... I can't understand Japanese that well so out of interest, does anyone know what it'll do? If it silences my exhaust... I don't think it'll sound much nicer? *could be wrong* Btw the numbers at the bottom (eg. 2.00L, 1.8S, 1.8GL, etc...)- can anyone tell me what they mean? I'm guessing the different models but I'm not sure which one will correspond to mine; I'm guessing 1.8S for sedan?

At uni atm- supposed to be working so I'll check the other links when I get home. Thx for them though!

The Sport Silencer - this muffler is a one that sounds good, gives good performance (shorter barrel - therefore less resistance/higher flow/less back pressure) but ALSO at the same time doesn't sound like an OFFENSIVELY loud fart cannon either. How do I know? because it is JASMA approved - ie. not louder than 83dB for a vehicle less than 1.7T

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.jasma.org/&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJASMA%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

you are right - 2.0L etc refers to its' suitability to the entire range.

it's better than Autotechnica for sure :rolleyes:

cheers

JaCe
24-05-2006, 03:51 PM
I know this is gonna sound lame, and nothing on the computer speakers will sound like the real deal, but is there a way to hear a sample before I buy it?... I like the low rumbling/meaty sound rather than the high pitched squeal or the over loud cannon (my cousin's 300zx and Evo was like that).

Btw.. what do u call this type of exhaust? (It's from my cousin's 350z)
http://jace88.atspace.org/Cars/GReddy%20350z/slides/Kelvin%20new%20350z%20(3).html
(sorry for poor quality- took it with cameraphone at the dealer)

EK9_boi
24-05-2006, 04:03 PM
I know this is gonna sound lame, and nothing on the computer speakers will sound like the real deal, but is there a way to hear a sample before I buy it?... I like the low rumbling/meaty sound rather than the high pitched squeal or the over loud cannon (my cousin's 300zx and Evo was like that).

Btw.. what do u call this type of exhaust? (It's from my cousin's 350z)
http://jace88.atspace.org/Cars/GReddy%20350z/slides/Kelvin%20new%20350z%20(3).html
(sorry for poor quality- took it with cameraphone at the dealer)

No. Only Fujitsubo has Real Player samples for their mufflers - I'm not confident to say that they have one for the Civic 06 as yet.

As for your cousin's muffler? I don't have a clue - 1st of all, I can't see it properly in ANY of the photos!!! Why don't you ask him? :p

cheers

JaCe
24-05-2006, 04:07 PM
He doesn't go online much and lives in M'sia- and i'm not despo enough to call lol. I just thought it looked nice; but probably won't suit my car.

Atm I'm trying to find places which sell this stuff in SYD and offers installs... so far no luck looking through the website addys in wynode's thread of contact details for traders.

DreadAngel
24-05-2006, 04:18 PM
Well, I'll tell ya one thing, its pretty big...

From the decals might be like the Blitz Nur series...

But ya ask your cuz!

EK9_boi
24-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, I'll tell ya one thing, its pretty big...

From the decals might be like the Blitz Nur series...

But ya ask your cuz!

Decals are the most deceiving things at times - esp. for a ricer - some people like to flaunt gear that they DON'T have! :p

cheers

integral90
24-05-2006, 05:11 PM
if i was you i would get the full mugen bodykit and drop it 30mm.

then get some ce28n's, a new head unit and a spoon catback (when they make it)

Sexc86
24-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I think invest in some 1 piece angle eyes! they look great and stylish, are affordable and dont look trashy like some altezza tail lights (Imo)

PaZzMaN-R
24-05-2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.jtuned.com/content/templates/statics.aspx?articleid=380&zoneid=2
this might help some of you ricers / racers out

krogoth
24-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Decals are the most deceiving things at times - esp. for a ricer - some people like to flaunt gear that they DON'T have! :p

cheers

LOL, man thats so tru, i saw a toyota camry in dande the other day with a huge Type R badge over its doors, ROFL, and even beta wen u c Ford lasers with NOS stikers and seat covers, dont do that coz its realllyyyyy ghey

if u want stikers, get ur sound system first and then chuk up a couple and i mean a couple of decals that correspond to the sound equipment u bought, liek stik on a big pioneer stiker on ur rear window if u decide to get a pioneer amp, sub, head unit etc

Rice_4_life
24-05-2006, 07:59 PM
.. u've dulled down the tru meaning and style of a ricer, for shame.

krogoth
24-05-2006, 08:42 PM
lol, soz man

DreadAngel
25-05-2006, 07:23 AM

cheers

ROFL, just have to find out the hard way won't we! ;)

DSNTGR8
25-05-2006, 10:51 AM
ROFL, just have to find out the hard way won't we! ;)

happened to me with my decals when i turned up to a NS.com cruise, everyone though i was lying about what i had. I didnt have you know over the top amount of decals.

They got the shock of thier lives when i showed them (espeically my 8 grand DLS audio setup) faggots!!!! what can i say, people are just jealous so they try to downgrade you as much as possible.

Keep the ricing up!!!!!!

krogoth
25-05-2006, 11:51 AM
i havnt got a problem with decals, but sometimes ppl just stik random shit on their cars, like that toyota i mentioned earlier with a type r stiker, ZOMG

and also its ppl with lancers that stik GRedy stikers on their windows, but then the like of an EFMIC and the lack of a BOV really makes u wonder if they even have a turbo

EK9_boi
25-05-2006, 11:52 AM
happened to me with my decals when i turned up to a NS.com cruise, everyone though i was lying about what i had. I didnt have you know over the top amount of decals.

They got the shock of thier lives when i showed them (espeically my 8 grand DLS audio setup) faggots!!!! what can i say, people are just jealous so they try to downgrade you as much as possible.

Keep the ricing up!!!!!!

Nah, I think they just act that way cos they're the ones that are ricing their way around when their only "mods" consist of sticky vinyl. ;)

cheers

type one
25-05-2006, 12:40 PM
i need suspension.... and a rear swaybar... waiting waiting waiting...

JaCe
25-05-2006, 10:50 PM
i refuse to put stickers/decals on my car unless i'm actually using a product from that company...

dundas
26-05-2006, 12:19 AM
ok nice and easy u wanna make your car pretty yes ?
go looking for some nice rims (also known as wheels, mags and alloys), then if practable Lower the car.
tint your windows (professionally done please :)) get yourself an RSM or SAFC installed then put on a nice APEXi decal. in the engine bay. just change the stock airfilter to a KN replacement filter.
you want true rice.. u need some neons man. i rekon the LED ones are sweet, the ones that can have numerous functions eg. chase,... always on, flashing etc.

also u will need a Sexy sound system... custom boot :D
and then u will be pimping rice boi :)

JaCe
26-05-2006, 12:25 AM
Haha... two things- mustn't be illegal/lead to defect notice & can't void warranty- so I think that knocks neons off the list.

Btw what's RSM/SAFC stand for?

EK9_boi
26-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Haha... two things- mustn't be illegal/lead to defect notice & can't void warranty- so I think that knocks neons off the list.

Read this JaCe:

SAFC II
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/safc2.jpg
SAFCII stands for Super Air Fuel Controller 2, made by Apex'i - toggles your air/fuel mixtures to produce a smoother delivery of power. Without some other stage 1 performance mods (ie. Intake, full exhaust system replacement - from headers to muffler) you are wasting your money. You'll need to Dyno your car before and after to properly tune your SAFC II to your car and get the most out of it.

Also, because you own a HONDA you'll want to get this instead:

VAFC II

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/vafc2.jpg

This does the same as SAFCII but also has the ability to tune for VTEC as well. Not sure as to whether it is i-VTEC compatible though check it out yourself. Do a Google.

Lastly, RSM:

RSM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/gt_echo/RSM.jpg

This is a Rev/Speed Meter this is just BLING so forget it! :p You've already got a Tacho and a Speedo you don't need 2 to tell you how fast you are going and where you are in the Rev range.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

JaCe
26-05-2006, 11:06 PM
My cousin has that thing in all of his cars (the top one)... never realised it actually did anything!

Man, what really annoys me is today I heard from my friend who's father just bought the Civic Sport, apparently you can order it with the in-dash satnav (and a host of other options) which weren't available on any model back when I ordered my Civic! Grr... I really want Satnav but I hate the thought of getting an ugly aftermarket unit stuck on my windshield (not to mention that it'll need a power cable running to the cigarette lighter which'll look ugly too).

I'd go back to get it done, but I don't think it's a good idea since I already got part of my car sound system upgraded and Honda might use this as an excuse not to do it... what do you guys think? Is it a dealer-fit accessory btw?

dundas
29-05-2006, 01:05 PM
hmmz.. won't practically anything void your warranty...?
also A LOT of other things are "illegal" almost everything you do to your car is claimed illegal... basically everyone with lowered cars are more than likely illegal.. in SA if you have your windows tinted.. it is illegal, having a bodykit without the original bar thing (sits inside front bar) is deemed illegal (majority of cars with kits are illegal)...
A lot of things Honda does eg tint will be done by a contractor....

Rice_4_life
29-05-2006, 08:37 PM
too muc pain and effort, u r only limited by ur imagination and ur ability to elude cops =P hav fun, good luk

blk_shadow
29-05-2006, 09:05 PM
It's true. I'm a ricer at heart. I can't do performance modifications because I'm a P plater and I'm scared of voiding my 5 year warranty on the Civic VTi-L.

So what should I do?

I'm thinking of getting a body kit installed- but then I'm concerned I might scrape it since I seem to scrape the front bumper when I drive around in say West Penno (there are a few areas with big edges ><) and even today in Castle Mall when I was parked behind The Games Wizards and had to drive down the hill back onto the road- it explains why the only ppl game to park in the lot were 4WDs!

I am planning to change the tail lights but so far haven't seen any nice ones yet for the 06 Civic.

I tried changing the front light bulbs but the guy from the auto shop in Hornsby Westfield said it's pretty hard to access the light bulb area on my car and isn't really worth the trouble (yet)- but I might consider it later when I'm not in such a rush.

Also wish I could change exhaust to sound a bit better (I already said I was a ricer!) but... I don't wanna do anything which'll void the new car warranty- esp since it's still <3mths old.

Any recommendations guys?

I live in Sydney in the Hills District, anywhere closer rather than further is also a good place. Bear in mind I don't know much about cars so I wouldn't know how to install the body kit or anything on my own and will likely be getting others to do it.

Cheers.
PS. It's an automatic so I don't even think I'll change the gearshift.

spot on, change the wheels, lower it. and maybe you want to darkened your tail light (the red section only) and tint your window.

blk_shadow
29-05-2006, 09:11 PM

don't put neons underneath ur car. you won't get anywhere near you wanna go (that's everywhere) with the cops. try to put it in your interior underneath your dash, for example on top of your pedals and passenger footrest. :cool:

blk_shadow
29-05-2006, 09:13 PM
if i was you i would get the full mugen bodykit and drop it 30mm.

then get some ce28n's, a new head unit and a spoon catback (when they make it)

oyeah, as well as check out the new "Mugen civic dominator" on the net. that's what you want to do with this civic

blk_shadow
29-05-2006, 09:16 PM
LOL, man thats so tru, i saw a toyota camry in dande the other day with a huge Type R badge over its doors, ROFL, and even beta wen u c Ford lasers with NOS stikers and seat covers, dont do that coz its realllyyyyy ghey

if u want stikers, get ur sound system first and then chuk up a couple and i mean a couple of decals that correspond to the sound equipment u bought, liek stik on a big pioneer stiker on ur rear window if u decide to get a pioneer amp, sub, head unit etc

gwahahahaha..!! Man, I saw it too. this time Beemer and S14 has big mugen sticker at the back Gwahahahaa...these ppl r funny dude!

enkay
29-05-2006, 09:22 PM
haha niiiice the stickers make u go faster! rice is all about performance!!! lol =p anyways u should go with 22" spinners.. no wait the ones where they have leds and can make pics!!! then get sum crazi wide body kit with a lip that sticks out 1 m. hehe nah jkjk hope your car goes all well mayb ill see you round cos i live in west penno haha , yer and the mugen civic dominator its sooo .. *drools!* hehe

JaCe
29-05-2006, 10:50 PM
The Mugen looked pretty nice; but then I couldn't help but think it was a bit too subtle for my liking... I mean, I like subtle, but then I don't want it to be so subtle to the point where it's barely noticable (and at $2k+ it ain't cheap for something which won't be noticed). I'm gonna wait a bit for more kits to come out so I have more choice to pick from.

If anyone's seen the Autosalon this month with the fast and the furious on the cover; I like the things which the two 350z have- at the front on the bottom is like... a wide grill thing? I think that looks nice but haven't got a clue where to get it for my car.

Was looking at tyre stuff in the magazine too; and I know this is gonna sound stupid but when it says something like "17" Racer Silver With Brand New Tyres $899", that only refers to the cost of one wheel + one tyre (and no install?) right? So if I wanna do my whole car, I need to multiply that by 4? I wonder if it even comes with half decent tyres...

Link: http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/specials.htm

Again I emphasise, sorry I'm a n00b.

don't put neons underneath ur car. you won't get anywhere near you wanna go (that's everywhere) with the cops. try to put it in your interior underneath your dash, for example on top of your pedals and passenger footrest. :cool:

Does that really look good? I saw the pics in the Civic Accessories Brochure and it looked kinda lame... no offence intended if you like it; but I couldn't help but think Honda is just trying to cash in on us ricers. I think before I do neons/LEDs, I'd probably upgrade the sound system unless the neon/LEDs were cheap and could get 'em installed. I wonder if we'd get busted if using them in say a parking lot or private residence?

... oh and thanks for the comment about the stickers :) But then I'm not sure if I want to draw attention to the fact I've got a (slightly) modified sound system when and if I'm gonna be leaving my car parked in areas which are known to have high crime rates (eg. Cabra?).

... and thanks for the wishes :) Maybe I'll see you round WPH since I live in CB.

blk_shadow
31-05-2006, 09:16 AM
The Mugen looked pretty nice; but then I couldn't help but think it was a bit too subtle for my liking... I mean, I like subtle, but then I don't want it to be so subtle to the point where it's barely noticable (and at $2k+ it ain't cheap for something which won't be noticed). I'm gonna wait a bit for more kits to come out so I have more choice to pick from.

If anyone's seen the Autosalon this month with the fast and the furious on the cover; I like the things which the two 350z have- at the front on the bottom is like... a wide grill thing? I think that looks nice but haven't got a clue where to get it for my car.

Was looking at tyre stuff in the magazine too; and I know this is gonna sound stupid but when it says something like "17" Racer Silver With Brand New Tyres $899", that only refers to the cost of one wheel + one tyre (and no install?) right? So if I wanna do my whole car, I need to multiply that by 4? I wonder if it even comes with half decent tyres...

Link: http://www.stgeorgetyres.com.au/specials.htm

Again I emphasise, sorry I'm a n00b..

for that, some wheels they are priced for each one, but some other are a set, usually if a set, they will tell you if its a set.

Does that really look good? I saw the pics in the Civic Accessories Brochure and it looked kinda lame... no offence intended if you like it; but I couldn't help but think Honda is just trying to cash in on us ricers. I think before I do neons/LEDs, I'd probably upgrade the sound system unless the neon/LEDs were cheap and could get 'em installed. I wonder if we'd get busted if using them in say a parking lot or private residence?

... oh and thanks for the comment about the stickers :) But then I'm not sure if I want to draw attention to the fact I've got a (slightly) modified sound system when and if I'm gonna be leaving my car parked in areas which are known to have high crime rates (eg. Cabra?).

... and thanks for the wishes :) Maybe I'll see you round WPH since I live in CB.

yeah, for the neon, is just honda jazz in japan stock from the dealers that have that option too with white, red or blue LED. Neons are not too expensive.

the thing is if you want to modify your sound system, make sure you cover it well. tint your windows, take it down with you or something. one of my feinds integra got his whole sound system stolen at his apartment underground car park.:(
so watch it

JaCe
02-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeh I heard some ppl get their cars broken into just to get the sound system stolen! That's why if I upgrade my speakers I plan to keep them inside the Honda grill so you can't even tell.

I really would like to have that 'glow' underneath my car, but am still concerned about legal issues/repercussions as a result of it. Ideally, I'd like a blue glow :)

Rice_4_life
02-06-2006, 04:40 PM
ok ok, well since i work in a honda mechanic workshop i can tell u not every single car tat cums in can b classified legal on vic roads. these ppl actually get away wit lots of shit and jus depends on ur luk and ability to elude cops tat will let u keep any mods tat may b illegal, good hunting

nigs
02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Holy crap. This thread sums it all up. :eek: :zip:

JaCe
03-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Rice 4 Life, out of interest, what kindof stuff do you see? And do you always do service on cars even if they're done up? The reason I ask is because I've got a 5 year warranty on my new Civic, and don't wanna do anything which would void that warranty.

xiaohung
03-06-2006, 01:47 AM
does anyone here know where you can do the HID Retrofit?

xiaohung
03-06-2006, 01:47 AM
i'm planning on putting the projectors inside the original headlights

Aco3n
03-06-2006, 02:24 AM
i'm planning on putting the projectors inside the original headlights

refer to the 8thgen forum.. might wanna use the projectors from Audi or some other veh with projectors.. but AFAIK.. most probably.. it's still illegal.. so it's not worth with the money spent..

Rice_4_life
03-06-2006, 10:57 AM
i cant say muc about warranty cos i dont noe muc about the details yet but all the cars i've seen hav been older model cars, in suc cases neons, sound systems, rims, lowered and so forth, dont wanna go into too muc detail cos of customer privacy, and yes we do service cars even if they r done up, it's our job and we treat done up cars with the same respect and service we do to every other car tat cums into the workshop.

JaCe
03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Ahh thanks :) I know you might not be able to answer this with a generic answer which suits all situations/scenarios, but in general, when it comes to getting my car serviced- even if i've modified the parts, you guys will still do the servicing right? Say a customer had modified the tyres/rims, and then you noticed his speedo was a bit out, would you guys do anything about that/suggest anything/inform him? Or if a customer modified a part which is normally checked in servicing?

JaCe
20-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Man the stock Singaporean Civics look like this;

http://www.fileden.com/files/74108/8fc4scd_thumb.jpg (http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/17/74108/8fc4scd.jpg)

:( So jealous! But then they pay considerably more for their cars than us.

NB. I'm referring to the HIDs. The bod kit wasn't included.

Pumped
21-08-2006, 01:02 PM
got rice bitch? got rice?
anything you can show that is nice?
got hopes got dreams got thoughts like us?
**** no Hell no your white you'll never be like us
Take off your shoes when you enter please
or Crawl around on the floor with your ****ing knees
don't mind the smell you'll get used to it
moth balls dried squid and that buddha shit
what the hell is that you think i don't see
no forks in the house chops sticks only
have a taste don't be scared try the lemon tea
you don't want thats alright try the **** HOME LEAVE
Got rice bitch got rice?
Got luck anytime you roll the dice?
your luck is bad unless you run and hide,
cause we thugs for life baby, asian pride...

yeehou
21-08-2006, 03:37 PM
&#191;&#191;???

Pumped
21-08-2006, 03:41 PM
&#191;œ&#195;&#196;&#191;&#230;œ

MoonSha
21-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Spam thread is Thataway (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50245) Nuggets.

bboy eclipse
22-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Ricing is a part of our asian culture it's third on our list after pick it and eat it

1. Pick it
2. Eat it
3. Drive it

lol if you want to go real ricey, put about a million stickers of different type of parts that are not in your car, even if they dont make those parts for your car. Get a 5 inch Tacho installed. Put a HUGE GT wing on it. Put the biggest exhaust you can find, slam it so low that it gets raped by the bitumen :D. and put more neon lights in it then the Las Vegas Strip :D. But be prepare to be called a knob!! lol

Bob san
23-08-2006, 05:44 PM
plz don't rice up ur ride... there are plenty of examples out there already... we get called ricers cos we drive hondas:o (thanks to a certain movie...)

but keep in mind don't slap on 20inch rims on ur car. not only are they ugly but they will increase ur rolling diameter and make ur steering angle a lot worse. also they may make ur speedo reading inaccurate:eek:

bboy eclipse
23-08-2006, 09:49 PM
lol na seriously. If u want to rice ur cars "show and no go" i say put sum rims on it, nothing bigger then 18's. Dump it. Maybe get a good system. Neons. Tail lights and headlights and a bodykit. Maybe do the interior. But remember this, basically anything that u put on the honda thats not OEM will devalue it!!! but then again a car is depriciation asset so i say rice on buddy.... rice on/........ lol

JaCe
15-11-2007, 04:40 PM
lol i found my old thread... and realised, i still haven't put rims on. that's about all that i think i'm missing.

Black Civic @ http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77371

markCivicVti
15-11-2007, 06:16 PM
LOL @ Jace... you were such a noob :)

JaCe
15-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I like to think that even though I 'riced' my car... I reckon it came out looking quite alright. It's not like I plastered it with stickers and neons.

TypeRice
16-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Rice is awesome.... its like fashion..

wheels is like shoes.. can change it all the time..

bodykits are like clothing... can also change it from time to time.

etc etc..

blk_shadow
16-11-2007, 09:07 AM

etc etc..

if you got the dough, then go for it lol

dmx
16-11-2007, 06:05 PM
I like to think that even though I 'riced' my car... I reckon it came out looking quite alright. It's not like I plastered it with stickers and neons.
new civic in my tought is very easy to dress up.
just body kit only, nice
just bigger rims, nice
just stock but nice and clean always, nice too
coz from the model itself already nice....

TypeRice
16-11-2007, 06:08 PM
^realli?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/typerice/rice.jpg

dmx
16-11-2007, 06:09 PM
^realli?

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o144/typerice/rice.jpg

i mean FD only, new civic !!!

JaCe
17-11-2007, 12:17 AM

etc etc..

LOL are you saying you change your shoes more than your clothes?

and LOL @ recent photo of the Civics.

blk_shadow
17-11-2007, 09:59 AM
just do the FD like the jap type r style:thumbsup:

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey Jace,

Where did you get the front grill from, i want one...

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Rice is such an ugly, and racist word.

How about modify, I find it to be a much more dignified description.

JaCe
20-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Jace,

Where did you get the front grill from, i want one...

Singapore. Been so long now I can't even remember the shop name now >< but everywhere has them; just be weary of the cheap ones which are really poor quality.

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks Jace, so is your good quality? if yes where did you get yours from?

IEVAQ8
20-11-2007, 09:12 PM
i got some ctr 18's with tyres................

JaCe
20-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks Jace, so is your good quality? if yes where did you get yours from?

Somewhere in Singapore >_>

markCivicVti
20-11-2007, 09:39 PM
uh-huh JaCe.. but where did you get it from?

(just kidding JaCe!!)

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Jace.. i live in perth so theres no chance of meeting me with the same mods.. even though my FD is black as well =)

VT1-R
20-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Get 19" alloys(not chrome pls), lower your car as much as u can. get hydralics air suspension if u can, Put a custom twin exhaust catback, Get Big ass bodykit if its even out for ur model, Big stereo and finally a GT spoiler but get ready to take if on and off as some are illegal. Get a CTR badge as well and stick the word "MUGEN" all over.

Thats the 1st stage of rice mods. Tell us again after you finish these. Haha gd luck. Or u could join the the JDM side of things but looks like you are determined to rice your car. So be it.. gd luck..

JaCe
21-11-2007, 07:50 PM
uh-huh JaCe.. but where did you get it from?

(just kidding JaCe!!)

LOL... glad to see you picked up on it.

Frost_FD
21-11-2007, 10:06 PM
dont tell me u just took of you big honda badge...

and im getting 19" chromes..

steve88
22-11-2007, 09:34 AM
take off the honda badge, dump the car on its ass and get 19" chromies. then move to punchbowl

JaCe
22-11-2007, 12:38 PM
dont tell me u just took of you big honda badge...

Wtf are you talking about? o_O We were making fun of the fact you can't read and asked the same question which I had already answered in reply to your first post.

I have NFI what you're on about with taking off the Honda badge... maybe I'm the one misreading the thread this time >_>

Frost_FD
22-11-2007, 12:46 PM
ok.. ill just take it that you got it from singapore..

markCivicVti
22-11-2007, 12:49 PM
I think he thinks your grille is stock but with the big shiny silver thing taken off??

If you (frost) do think that - JaCe has a (AUTHENTIC :)) mugen grille... it replaces the stock shiny metallic grille completely.

You can get them from jdmYard/jdmConcept (trader section of ozHonda).

JaCe
22-11-2007, 12:53 PM
ok.. ill just take it that you got it from singapore..

If it helps, the product I purchased was a grille.

Refer to http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic/

Also, you can buy from JDM Concept: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63624

Frost_FD
22-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Thanks Jace!

550 for grill... abit pricey... i rather get the front spoil for 770

dmx
22-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks Jace!

550 for grill... abit pricey... i rather get the front spoil for 770
:thumbsup:that's what u pay for genuine versace t-shirt, compare to chinese versace ;)

cracker
23-11-2007, 10:42 AM
can 18*7.5 or 18*8.0 fit on 06 civics?
wheels

Frost_FD
23-11-2007, 11:02 AM
wheels

Hi Cracker yes they should do, im getting 19 x 8.0 on monday. Just make sure the stud pattern is right for it. Civic 06 are 5x114.3

cracker
23-11-2007, 12:17 PM
good man u r

dmx
23-11-2007, 06:22 PM
wheels

u can put as big as u want, 18-20 or may be 22, as long as the width is max 8.5.would be no drama. btw.. rarely 22 comes with 8.5 ;)

PaZzMaN-R
23-11-2007, 07:35 PM
go back to japan and bring back 3 large bags of rice and fill your boot up. you will have heaps of rice then.

JaCe
23-11-2007, 10:48 PM
go back to japan and bring back 3 large bags of rice and fill your boot up. you will have heaps of rice then.

lol my father looks at my wing and says... what's the point of that? and i say it adds downforce.. and he says "wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a bag of rice and put it in ur boot? that'll add downforce over the back and it'll also give u something to eat if u get hungry. u can't eat ur wing can u?"

and i'm like... uhh... >_>

TypeRice
23-11-2007, 10:58 PM
^^^ Carrying rice in your car.. hawhaw true ricer ^_^

2fast2furious
24-11-2007, 01:00 AM
lol my father looks at my wing and says... what's the point of that? and i say it adds downforce.. and he says "wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a bag of rice and put it in ur boot? that'll add downforce over the back and it'll also give u something to eat if u get hungry. u can't eat ur wing can u?"

and i'm like... uhh... >_>

LOL! sublime. Somebody get your father a job with a car company. With that one idea he's immediately better than half of these hacks masquerading as engineers in the industry.

So instead of useless junk like heated mirrors and heated seats and heated engine start button, we might actually get some true vision and an emphasis on ergonomics and practicality.

kingyy
24-11-2007, 02:50 PM
just be careful because my mate had a FORD xr6 brand new and he lowered it placed an exhaust and sound system...

the engine seized up and they would not cover it under warrenty as it was not stock....

just be careful i would contact honda

cracker
27-11-2007, 04:44 PM
LOL! sublime. Somebody get your father a job with a car company. With that one idea he's immediately better than half of these hacks masquerading as engineers in the industry.

So instead of useless junk like heated mirrors and heated seats and heated engine start button, we might actually get some true vision and an emphasis on ergonomics and practicality.

hahahahahaha soo much heat!!

dmx
27-11-2007, 07:47 PM
hahahahahaha soo much heat!!
yeah, summertime now ...:lol