PDA

View Full Version : Painting brake calipers?

Joeyboy
21-05-2006, 09:52 PM
hiya! can some1 show me (coz im such a noob) how to paint brake calipers. mine's a 95accord, if that makes any diference. would be good if tutorial includes pix, what type of paint, step by step what to do, what material/tools are needed, how long it will take, anything and everything that will make newly painted calipers look nice and glossy...not dodgy! please, thanks.

dc2dc2dc2
21-05-2006, 10:01 PM
search is ur friend mr. n00b

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3083&highlight=painting+calipers

that might help u out. :)

Joeyboy
22-05-2006, 01:53 PM
what the?!?! i did search. and i even went to every thread in the DIY section. sorry...but thanx heaps

kobebruce
22-05-2006, 04:21 PM
u need to buy some paint is use for calipers, e.g: SuperCheap etc( whatever color u want),

OzSir2
05-06-2006, 01:35 AM
If you want to go to the trouble of taking the whole caliper assembly off then do so. However, I simply:
jacked the car up and took off a wheel,
washed the caliper well with toothbrush and truckwash degreaser and let dry (use hair dryer if you're impatient),
masked the appropriate areas off (no body will see the unpainted rear part of the caliper past the disc) ... make sure you be very patient with the masking because you don't want to get overspray on the disc etc.
sprayed several coats of caliper paint (from Supercheap...any brand will be adequate),
repeat for other wheels.