PDA

View Full Version : Dc2r dropping out

Mashimaro
21-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Hey I'm just curious what would be a cause of the car stalling or just dropping out. It happens only in first gear or reverse even in motion. Its usually happens wen the clutch is full down and the car just rolls in metion by it self. The car has had the same mods for past few years and problem has only started this year. It doesnt happen all the time, just every now and then.

Car just had major service done to it and the problem still occurs.

G-Stick
21-05-2006, 11:33 PM
check ur clutch fluid man might not be full

Mashimaro
21-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Full la. And I just had major service done, including all fluids.

Q_ball
21-05-2006, 11:38 PM
well ur short ass probably thinks the clutch is all the way in when in actual fact its not :p

qball > mash @ nfsu2

Mashimaro
21-05-2006, 11:40 PM
err noe. My clutch is set at the very top for a reason. One im short LOLOLOL and two its easier to drive that way.

Anyways since u brought this up the car isnt stalling as in shutter shutter conk out coz ur not reving enough. Car just drops out.

[[d a n n y]]
22-05-2006, 12:41 AM
pressure plate not holding proeprly?

BiGANG
22-05-2006, 12:49 AM
does it have the same problem when ur just sitting at the lights or something.. could be a dirty throttle body or something basic like that

Mashimaro
22-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Nah nah..I usuallil happens wen im coasting. Lets say im reversing then i just put clutch all the way down and let it roll back and vice visa.

How can i check if its a dirty throttle body? ANd how do i clean it. Could it just be a dirty air filter?

jooboo
22-05-2006, 08:32 AM
although this isnt a dc2r u get the idea of how to clean your throttle http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35488&highlight=throttle

vtml
22-05-2006, 10:03 AM
Same thing happened to me, turned out to be a dead battery. Once changed, never happened again.

1900-hustler
22-05-2006, 10:48 AM
yeaaa.. mann sometimes that happens to me.. it hasnt happen for a while.. however i kno wat u mena.. say im like parkin in my garage.. i go forward then clutch in and coast in.. the engine like starts to shudder sometimes.. only happens at night tho.. so it mite be the batt as someone said.. all i do is blip the throttle wen i can feel its dying..

HOWEVER.. EXACTLY the SAME problem happend to my skyline.. how it jus cuts off.. and mind more than jus wen the clutch was in.. it turned out to be an electrical problem.. go get ur electrical relays and that checked out..

Lepperfish
22-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Ive had this problem in my dc2R as well. Just cruising along and for no apparent reason the car just cuts out. It has happened to me twice over about 3 years.. Weird..

toE
22-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Ive had this problem in my dc2R as well. Just cruising along and for no apparent reason the car just cuts out. It has happened to me twice over about 3 years.. Weird..

And have you figured out why it was happening?

type one
22-05-2006, 09:22 PM

engine immobiliser - indireclty related to your alarm wiring...

DLO01
22-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Just saw this thread now. Must be a common problem with DC2R's? Same with me. Just coasting along, put the clutch in or in neutral (take it out of gear) and the car does not want to Idol, just wants to die and cut out. Its got nothing to do with the clutch. I turn the car off or after it stalls, start it up and its fine again. Whats the problem. I will give honda a call tomorrow, stay tuned.

type one
22-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Just saw this thread now. Must be a common problem with DC2R's? Same with me. Just coasting along, put the clutch in or in neutral (take it out of gear) and the car does not want to Idol, just wants to die and cut out. Its got nothing to do with the clutch. I turn the car off or after it stalls, start it up and its fine again. Whats the problem. I will give honda a call tomorrow, stay tuned.

i had to respond.. idol? is that like australian idol?

Lepperfish
22-05-2006, 09:34 PM
And have you figured out why it was happening?

Not really, As I said, only happened twice in 3 years so I figured it wasnt anything major..

Will keep tuned DL001. Let us know how you go. Cheers. May have something to do with the factory immobilser/alarm.. :confused:

hui
22-05-2006, 11:10 PM
i have had similar problems... does the car idle funny during cold start?

i asked my mech about this problem, and he reckon's it's the throttle position sensor. i also rang honda and they too said it could be that, but to be 100% sure bring the car to honda, they will use "honda software" to diagnose the problem.

LAGOOT
23-05-2006, 11:14 AM
i have had similar problems... does the car idle funny during cold start?

i asked my mech about this problem, and he reckon's it's the throttle position sensor. i also rang honda and they too said it could be that, but to be 100% sure bring the car to honda, they will use "honda software" to diagnose the problem.
on start cold start up of a morning, my car idle's at about 1.5K then after say a minute or so it drops to 1K then immediately back up to 1.5K.
Then when warmed, drops to about 850rpm

DLO01
23-05-2006, 12:07 PM
I spoke to a Honda mechanic. The way he came accross, he did not know of a common problem. He just asked if it was regulary serviced. Said it could be a number of things. He asked me to bring it in sometime so they run a diagnostics on it. I am taking mine to My mechanic on Sat 3/6. So will see if they can find anything.

Nuttz
23-05-2006, 05:44 PM
maybe its a vacuum leak somewhere. or like idle air control valve or something :P

Lepperfish
23-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Whatever it is it seems to be common among DC2R's.

hui
23-05-2006, 11:42 PM
on start cold start up of a morning, my car idle's at about 1.5K then after say a minute or so it drops to 1K then immediately back up to 1.5K.
Then when warmed, drops to about 850rpm

mine does that too. due for 100,000km service, so i'll get the mech's to look into it and see what the actuall problem is.

timofytit
24-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Check the fuel filter

hui
24-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Check the fuel filter

fuel filter changed at 80,000km's:)

DLO01
04-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I spoke to a Honda mechanic. The way he came accross, he did not know of a common problem. He just asked if it was regulary serviced. Said it could be a number of things. He asked me to bring it in sometime so they run a diagnostics on it. I am taking mine to My mechanic on Sat 3/6. So will see if they can find anything.
As I said I took the car to the workshop, we hooked it up to the scanner and nothing showed up. Upon inspection of the Throttle Body we noticed some build up. We cleaned it all up and all seems to be good.

Theory is that when the TB is held up to the sunlight you 'should' see a ring of light around the butterfly to maintain Idol along with other bypasses. In my case when there was a hard throttle off, then the extra build up caused the butterfly to fully close affecting the Idol.

Hope this helps you guys, as it has solved my problem. :thumbsup:

timofytit
04-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Good stuff Dean. Makes sense to me. I'll remember that for when mine decided to clog itself up.

shane_stubbs
09-06-2006, 12:53 AM
get a major service on ur car dat should fix it..lol

tRipitaka
09-06-2006, 12:55 AM
get a major service on ur car dat should fix it..lol

Car just had major service done to it and the problem still occurs.

:rolleyes:

shane_stubbs
09-06-2006, 12:59 AM
wots ur car reving at?

STOCK
10-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I had that problem but that was due to the ecu tune not compensating for extra load caused by the headlights/powersteering pump loading the motor on idle/throttle overun. Returned it back to the tuner and he rectified it.

leech
12-06-2006, 07:49 PM
i have the same problem in my Ls, i'll be driving to work in the morning and it'll just drop out on me, even when i'm in gear. I think mine might be due to the haltec ecu ive got, i had it retuned the other week so i might go and ask my mech about it, i thought it might just be cause its really cold