PDA

View Full Version : eg rails to ek

ap
22-05-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey, this has probably been covered before but i can't find it.

i know the eg rails are different to the ek's but i was wondering how much modification is needed to make the eg rails fit an ek?

thanks

Goble
22-05-2006, 06:56 AM
hey i dnt c there being a major difference, just try it and c how u go.

ap
22-05-2006, 08:11 AM
i've read that only 3/4 bolts line up.

wondering tho is there much involved in making the eg/dc rails fit an ek.
am i able to DIY to make all fit?

|N|
22-05-2006, 08:19 AM
i think its a lot easier and better of u can jt source a set of EK rails to fit. as seats/rails is one of the most important safety thing...

however in regaards to ur Q. i read is from another forum yonks ago abt DIY modding the rail. and it didnt look that easy .. i ll see if i can find that thread again ...

but i say its better to find rails that fit perfectly.
for safety reason.,

ap
22-05-2006, 11:47 AM
the problem is that they are wrx seats with custom rails to suit the eg.

im just trying to see whats involved in making these fit my em1 and whether or not i need completely new rails.

if this cant be done, what workshops can customise the eg rails to fit an ek? and how much $$ roughly?

thanks

|N|
22-05-2006, 12:03 PM
yea they can mod it ... maybe around a 100 bucks

marte
22-05-2006, 12:14 PM
getting seat rails engineered from stores will cost you quite abit. your easiest option is to seek a set of ek rails like N said. GL

barefootbonzai
22-05-2006, 12:22 PM
if you take a look at the seat rails, one out of the 3 mounts will be flat (horizontal). That's the only one that doesn't line up. On the EK the hole is a little closer/shorter (to the front of the car) in than the EG. So dependant on how the rails are atm, might just be a case of drilling a hole a little closer.

bennjamin
22-05-2006, 12:58 PM
IMO get the proper rails to fit. Dont bother with "modding" or re-welding as it might not be safe...

ap
22-05-2006, 06:31 PM
thanks for all the info guys!!

barefootbonzai - i'll give that a go and hopefully they fit!

cheers!