PDA

View Full Version : Stock B pipe

Newcivic
22-05-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey guys,

Another quick question.

Would an EK1 B pipe fit onto a EG Breeze B Pipe?

Thanks.

Zdster
22-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey guys,

Another quick question.

Would an EK1 B pipe fit onto a EG Breeze B Pipe?

Thanks.

I think you mean would an ek1 b-pipe replace an eg breeze b pipe ;).

DomenEK
22-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I think Zdster has the answer there...

A quick noob Q (sorry to hijack), but what is the B pipe? Is it the piping from the cat to the muffler?

Zdster
22-05-2006, 11:30 AM
I think Zdster has the answer there...

A quick noob Q (sorry to hijack), but what is the B pipe? Is it the piping from the cat to the muffler?

No, I dont know the answer - just rephrasing the question.

The B-pipe is the piece that runs between the cat and usually to the rear axle/muffler and can include a resonator (at least on a stock system).

Newcivic
22-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Does anyone knowwww?!

bennjamin
22-05-2006, 02:51 PM
AFAIK no. EK pipe is aittle different in length so wont "bolt on" (different cat length ?)

Zdster
22-05-2006, 03:02 PM
AFAIK no. EK pipe is aittle different in length so wont "bolt on" (different cat length ?)

But is the pipe size etc the same? If it is just the b-pipe then you should just be able to bolt on a longer axle back?

tRipitaka
22-05-2006, 03:08 PM
the b-pipes are different..
if they were the same, then there wouldn't be separate catbacks for eg and ek.. seeing as the axlebacks are the same (for hatch that is)..

Zdster
22-05-2006, 03:11 PM
the b-pipes are different..
if they were the same, then there wouldn't be separate catbacks for eg and ek.. seeing as the axlebacks are the same (for hatch that is)..

But it could be that the muffler is just different, but the resonator/piping is the same?

tRipitaka
22-05-2006, 03:14 PM
the catbacks should be different..
the eg/ek hatch share the same axleback length (eg. spoon n1 axleback for eg/ek)
therefore assuming that the axlebacks are the same length, the only difference can be the bpipe..
i.e. eg is different to ek

Zdster
22-05-2006, 03:15 PM
the catbacks should be different..
the eg/ek hatch share the same axleback length (eg. spoon n1 axleback for eg/ek)
therefore assuming that the axlebacks are the same length, the only difference can be the bpipe..
i.e. eg is different to ek

Fair enough. So is it just the length or width as well because you could just add a piece of pipe to make up the difference.

Newcivic
22-05-2006, 07:21 PM
haha ..

how about if i used like the EG cat with the EK stock B pipe would that work ?!

helpp