PDA

View Full Version : [Euro]Buddyclub exhaust..opinions

Ferrarista
22-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,

Thinking about getting a buddyclub exhaust, does anyone here have any experience with them?

Basically i dont want a fart pipe but something to deliver a nice deep tone and tell the world they Vtec finally arrived :)

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Btw, its either this or nothing because of the price i can get it for.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/product/racing_spec_muffler/muffler_prospec.html

Terry
22-05-2006, 09:25 PM
If u dont want to be loud......Spec IV would be a good choice

Ferrarista
22-05-2006, 09:47 PM
If u dont want to be loud......Spec IV would be a good choice

I dont want a 'civic fart pipe' loud, but more of a rumble

mugen88
23-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Buddy Club exhaust are traditionally loud due to track applications.

How much can you get it for?

Tobster
23-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't know what they're like, but I don't see the point of buying a straight-through muffler and then jamming a silencer up there -- which defeats the purpose of having the straight-through.

The one that you've linked to seems to be primarily a racing muffler -- which will be loud and most likely above legal noise levels (hence the required silencer for street use).

If it were me, I'd look for a street-legal exhaust that didn't need a silencer -- but you might track your car and it might be what you want.

Peekay34
23-05-2006, 06:48 PM
If I was you I would wait for the Hondatech exhaust...

Ferrarista
23-05-2006, 06:55 PM
I don't know what they're like, but I don't see the point of buying a straight-through muffler and then jamming a silencer up there -- which defeats the purpose of having the straight-through.

The one that you've linked to seems to be primarily a racing muffler -- which will be loud and most likely above legal noise levels (hence the required silencer for street use).

If it were me, I'd look for a street-legal exhaust that didn't need a silencer -- but you might track your car and it might be what you want.

To my understanding its a racing muffler with a silencer meaning it wont be to loud, am i correct to think this?

Atjo
23-05-2006, 07:01 PM
is it single or dual exhaust?

Ferrarista
23-05-2006, 07:09 PM
is it single or dual exhaust?
Dual.

yfin
23-05-2006, 07:12 PM
And do you want it mostly for sound or performance?

Ferrarista
23-05-2006, 07:15 PM
And do you want it mostly for sound or performance?

Sound, not loud though and in loud i mean fart pipe. I dont mind a loud tone if im booting it

Chris_F
23-05-2006, 07:20 PM
buddyclub exhausts are quite loud. I've heard a spec 4 and that thing screams through most of the rpm. It's a nice tone but yea, maybe a bit loud for you. I didn't know buddyclub made a dual exhaust. But a dual exhaust will be the way to go if you want a rumble that isnt too intrusive.

Ferrarista
23-05-2006, 07:24 PM
buddyclub exhausts are quite loud. I've heard a spec 4 and that thing screams through most of the rpm. It's a nice tone but yea, maybe a bit loud for you. I didn't know buddyclub made a dual exhaust. But a dual exhaust will be the way to go if you want a rumble that isnt too intrusive.
Yeah the pro spec is the only one that comes in dual

I was thinking the same thing, the tone will drop due to it being dual.

yfin
23-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Did a quick search in the US forums and I can't see anyone with this exhaust on the TSX. May be hard to find sound impressions for this vehicle.

Peekay's advice is worth noting. Either that or buy a second hand exhaust from someone who decides to switch to the hondatach exahust (I expect a few people will do this).

Peekay - will your Fujitsobo exhaust become available eventually second hand? That would be a good pick for Ferrarista if he only wants a nice sound.

Ferrarista
23-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey guys im worried about emissions.

Will it change it dramatically? ie become illegal?

Ferrarista
23-05-2006, 07:36 PM
Did a quick search in the US forums and I can't see anyone with this exhaust on the TSX. May be hard to find sound impressions for this vehicle.

Peekay's advice is worth noting. Either that or buy a second hand exhaust from someone who decides to switch to the hondatach exahust (I expect a few people will do this).

Peekay - will your Fujitsobo exhaust become available eventually second hand? That would be a good pick for Ferrarista if he only wants a nice sound.
Im sure the Buddyclub will increase performance but im not fussed if it did and i dont want to put performance over sound, rather the other way around.

also, im getting it very cheap.

yfin
23-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I am not sure whether anyone can tell you 100% whether it will still meet emissions unless they have tested that exhaust on the Euro.

When looking at the Australian Standards a while ago I remember seeing that for vehicles 2005 onwards they need to meet the higher Euro 3 emission standards (instead of Euro 2). So maybe a 2003/2004 Euro with modded exhaust may pass a test but a 2005 onwards with the same exahust may not. Weird.

But - this could be a moot point given the stock car is already a low emission vehicle meeting Euro 4 standard (not a standard for new cars until 2008).

I have no idea what changes to the vehicle would be required to drastically change the emission level so it drops below Euro 3 - anyone know?

Peekay34
23-05-2006, 08:03 PM
No the Fujitsubu was sold ages ago...

Ferrarista
24-05-2006, 12:10 AM
I heard that if it will be a cat back install it should be fine with emissions, maybe?

Tobster
24-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I could be wrong, but I think emissions are more to do with the engine and the engine management -- plus the cat obviously -- than the actual exhaust.

The exhaust pipe only passes out what the engine produces -- that's why the Gen 3 V8, the 200SX and the R34 Skylines were all killed off: because they didn't meet emissions requirements.

Mufflers are more about noise management -- so I'd be more concerned about legal noise levels.

stephen8512
24-05-2006, 10:36 AM
No the Fujitsubu was sold ages ago...

i believe its called fujitsuBO

matt, the buddyclub on my mates civic isnt too loud and it has a nice note.

Ferrarista
24-05-2006, 12:01 PM
i believe its called fujitsuBO

matt, the buddyclub on my mates civic isnt too loud and it has a nice note.
Would you know what spec he has?

BusterSonic12
24-05-2006, 08:25 PM
how much can you get it for?

Tobster
26-05-2006, 04:32 PM
There's no sound clip (as yet) but you might like to have a look at the thread at:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31173

At least you can see the system...

Ferrarista
26-05-2006, 05:45 PM
how much can you get it for?
It would be wrong for me to say due to my friend working for the distrubutor, lets just say cheap :)

Ferrarista
26-05-2006, 05:53 PM
There's no sound clip (as yet) but you might like to have a look at the thread at:

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31173

At least you can see the system...
Awesome!

Thanks heaps

BusterSonic12
26-05-2006, 08:44 PM
:( so not possible to get me one for your price??

It would be wrong for me to say due to my friend working for the distrubutor, lets just say cheap :)

ALN
26-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey guys,

Thinking about getting a buddyclub exhaust, does anyone here have any experience with them?

Basically i dont want a fart pipe but something to deliver a nice deep tone and tell the world they Vtec finally arrived :)

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Btw, its either this or nothing because of the price i can get it for.

http://www.buddyclub.com.au/product/racing_spec_muffler/muffler_prospec.html

I have couple friends used the buddy club spec 3 on s2000 and DC5. The gain was good but it is loud. I'm not really suggesting to get this exhaust since I went to couple shops and they said from their customers complained about the exhaust leak after sometime because the piping is too thin. There are plenty good catbacks in the market you can choose from
For the price your looking try 5Zigen its similar to buddy club price. Hondatech exhaust sure its give good gain but how about the resale value of this exhaust since it ain't come cheap. That's only my point of view though, the choice it's up to you.

Gerald28
28-05-2006, 12:03 AM
how loud is the Pro Spec with the silencer installed (approx.)? Will it pass db levels?

I have heard the SpecII on a few cars, and they are loud!
wasnt sure if they had the silencer installed though.