PDA

View Full Version : LS integra B16A into a 1988 CRX???

intacivic16v
23-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Hello gentlemen, i have finally decided that i should try and put a V-tec engine in my 1988 CRX. I ended up buying a 1990 LS B16A integra front cut (because it is a cable clutch engine as well), I'm just looking for a little advise on engine mounts, drive shafts, room for alternator belts and power steering belts etc or any other problem areas, because i figure someone on this site would have done exactly the same thing that i am doing now.

I look forward to any advice that you may have, thank you.

[G]
23-05-2006, 12:22 PM
For Mounts - Use HASPORT
Driveshafts - you can use the ones from the LS - works fine
Room for alternator belts - Youll have to bash the chassis in a little bit with a hammer.
Power steer - tight fit but it will be fine.

EGB16A
23-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello gentlemen, i have finally decided that i should try and put a V-tec engine in my 1988 CRX. I ended up buying a 1990 LS B16A integra front cut (because it is a cable clutch engine as well), I'm just looking for a little advise on engine mounts, drive shafts, room for alternator belts and power steering belts etc or any other problem areas, because i figure someone on this site would have done exactly the same thing that i am doing now.

I look forward to any advice that you may have, thank you.

didn't honda do the same thing your doing now? I thought JDM CRX siR had a b16a with cable tranny?

sivic
23-05-2006, 04:32 PM
']For Mounts - Use HASPORT
Room for alternator belts - Youll have to bash the chassis in a little bit with a hammer.
you sure the chassis has to be modified? its tight but not that tight.
maybe someone can verify whether there was a difference in engine bay width with the EF8. dont think there was though.
main difference is the bonnet. what engine you have in there atm? D15 or D16? the bonnet from the Si may fit as it has the hump over the timing belt area but i dont think the regular bonnet wil fit.

panda[cRx]
23-05-2006, 06:16 PM

yeah it does man, it IS that tight. hasport even have it on their instructions sheet

hasport also supply NEW driveshafts and shift linkages.

hasport won't ship directly to aus themselves, they will just refer you to www.full-race.com

i doubt b16a is the same but with b18c swaps you generally have to either remove the power steering or just trim away a tiny bit at the LHF headlight support for clearance (at least that is the case in ED9's)

panda[cRx]
23-05-2006, 06:20 PM

yeah it does man, it IS that tight. hasport even have it on their instructions sheet

hasport also supply NEW driveshafts and shift linkages.

hasport won't ship directly to aus themselves, they will just refer you to www.full-race.com

i doubt b16a is the same but with b18c swaps you generally have to either remove the power steering or just trim away a tiny bit at the LHF headlight support for clearance (at least that is the case in ED9's)

the bonnet from the Si may fit as it has the hump over the timing belt area but i dont think the regular bonnet wil fit.

i don't think honda australia bothered imorting anything less than the Si as the only non-Si crx's i have personally seen in aus were all imported privately or via alternate sources.... so the Si is actually the 'standard' bonnet in the vast majority of cases in aus

intacivic16v
24-05-2006, 10:07 AM
']For Mounts - Use HASPORT

Unfortunatly i decided to try and do this job my self with out buying a mount kit, so am in the middle of "moving" three of the engine mounts.

The drive shafts from the integra fit perfectly i just had to swap some of the suspension parts from the front cut.

The alternator belt definatly hits so i will try and make some room for it today with the gentle perswader.

As for the power steering i have decided to swap the unit from my zc block over to the B16A because the ZC unit is slightly smaller and there is not much room behind the head light.

Thank you very much you have confirmed and few of my thoughts

intacivic16v
24-05-2006, 10:10 AM
maybe someone can verify whether there was a difference in engine bay width with the EF8. dont think there was though.
main difference is the bonnet. what engine you have in there atm? D15 or D16? the bonnet from the Si may fit as it has the hump over the timing belt area but i dont think the regular bonnet wil fit.

I have a imported ZC engine in there at the moment, sorry did have. So i have the bonnet with the hump for the timing belt. but it looks like it is still going to be very tight.

intacivic16v
24-05-2006, 10:16 AM
hey you guys might have a better idea than me, how much do you think a imported 1990 CRX ZC engine and box with a Cusco 1.5 way LSD would be worth??? the engines done around 50,000- 60,000 km

intacivic16v
24-05-2006, 02:50 PM
with the mounting kits that you can buy does anyone know what they do with the front gear box mount??? there is not very much room at all.

CRXer
24-05-2006, 06:13 PM
with the mounting kits that you can buy does anyone know what they do with the front gear box mount??? there is not very much room at all.
Hasport kit only uses 3 mounts,front mount point gets cut off.

intacivic16v
24-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Hasport kit only uses 3 mounts,front mount point gets cut off.

Yeah i didn't think there would be enough room, would that be strong enough though. I would have thought that the engine would twist then???

CRXer
24-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Hasport have engineered mounts to take this into account,so maybe u should get an engineer to make some recommendations on ur setup b4 just moving the stock mounts or just move the front one as well

[G]
27-05-2006, 07:57 PM
I never had any problems and haven't heard of any..