PDA

View Full Version : All Motor Drag Racing Association

ALLMTR
23-05-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm looking at getting this off the ground to build a bit of interest/sponsorship in the 06/07 season.

Looking at doing monthly newsletters and generally helping anyone interested in competing to get there.

At the moment I'm just guaging interest, so if your interested email me at
thanx
Chuck

VTi_b0i
23-05-2006, 05:53 PM
id be interested :)
is it like a club so to speak?

Waggy
23-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah - I'm interested in the prospect - as long as it isn't NSW only based.

DynoDave
23-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Well you know I'm in for sure,looks like you have been doing some thinking after Sunday Chuck.
Regards Dyno Dave

wynode
24-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Let us know if we can helpout.

G AE82
24-05-2006, 09:43 AM
My brother and I are in for sure!!! We'll help in any way that we can!!!

EGB16A
24-05-2006, 01:39 PM
speak to the boys at online and i'm sure yonas will have some interest?

tinkerbell
24-05-2006, 07:03 PM
tinkerbell for inaugural president/secretary?

i am good at committees... :D

tinkerbell
24-05-2006, 07:08 PM
is it like a club so to speak?

no an association is more than a club,

it is a legal entity in its own right, and is run under a formal set of "Articles of Association" or rules so to speak...

plus usually has an aim or goal, unlike a club, which is usually more activity based...

VTi_b0i
24-05-2006, 07:11 PM
i see i see :) thanks for that Tinkerbell...
yehh id like t help lol

DynoDave
24-05-2006, 08:29 PM
no an association is more than a club,

it is a legal entity in its own right, and is run under a formal set of "Articles of Association" or rules so to speak...

plus usually has an aim or goal, unlike a club, which is usually more activity based...
Bloody legal eagles the way you word it you would think you knew something about that side of things.
Vote 1 for Tinkerbell.
Regards Dyno Dave

BADHBT
24-05-2006, 09:27 PM
sign me up

Waggy
24-05-2006, 09:38 PM
^ Holy K20 integra batman. ;)

EG5
24-05-2006, 09:55 PM
I think ALLMTR drag racing will grow in the future here in Australia.
Im in :)

ALLMTR
24-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow everyone is in but I have recieved ONE email. Tinkerbell, can you send me any info you have on creating an "association".

Paul1985
24-05-2006, 10:08 PM
id prob be interesting in helping out in some way :)

DynoDave
24-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Wow everyone is in but I have recieved ONE email. Tinkerbell, can you send me any info you have on creating an "association".
You have mail.
Regards Dyno Dave

DynoDave
24-05-2006, 10:22 PM
I think ALLMTR drag racing will grow in the future here in Australia.
Im in :)
And to think Chuck started this a few years ago with his little red beast and now with its current growth it is shaping into a very good class.
Regards Dyno Dave

EG5
24-05-2006, 10:44 PM
And to think Chuck started this a few years ago with his little red beast and now with its current growth it is shaping into a very good class.
Regards Dyno Dave

I follow chuck's development around 3 years ago , when i only ran 15.1@90mph with my D series EG LOL.
Big thumbs up for chuck
Email sent

25-05-2006, 07:30 AM
sounds like a plan chuck, Let me know what you need me to do!

HRD2BQT
25-05-2006, 12:38 PM
wer do i sign up? :)

ALLMTR
25-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Just need you to send me an email expressing your interest. Anyone know how to get in touch with the VW guys? Do they have a forum?

EG5
25-05-2006, 02:37 PM
I will try to get in touch with those vw guys

EGB16A
26-05-2006, 09:10 AM
I know naturally aspirated = all motor, but for that class does the car have to be FF, or an import or under a certain engine size? I'm guessing thats what this association will define, but would a HSV, for example, be considered for the all motor class?

ginganggooly
26-05-2006, 09:15 AM
forums.vwvortex.com
there are a few aussie members there, but most of the guys drive turbos. i think there is one or two of the aircooled mob there.

bennjamin
26-05-2006, 10:08 AM
ill be in for sure.
+ 1 vote.

ALLMTR
26-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Current rules for those interested

ALL MOTOR – DYO - CLASS REGULATIONS

Class Designations: AM preceded by car number.
The All Motor category is designed for full-bodied cars using original floor-pan and no power adders.
Minimum Weights:
See bottom of post. Full tube chassis or back half with non-OEM strut mounts/strut tower permitted in FWD only - add 75 pounds; sequential, clutch-less, V-gate or non-OEM aftermarket transmissions, add 200 pounds. All weights include driver, verified after the run.
CLASS REQUIREMENTS
1. Engine
1.1 Engine: 4 cylinder or 2 rotor engine only; all others prohibited. Ammended rules allow for up to 4.1 litre 6 cylinder motor as long as it is Overhead Cam. Power adders prohibited. Stepped-deck block maximum 3/4-inch (19mm) permitted. Billet blocks prohibited. Use of vacuum pump for evacuation of crankcase pressure permitted. Dry-sump permitted. All engine block and cylinder head castings must be, or have been, available in a production car or truck from a recognised OEM assembly line with a minimum production run of 5000 units, unless otherwise approved by ANDRA.
1.2 Exhaust: Open exhaust permitted, except where prohibited by track rules.
1.3 Fuel: Restricted to alcohol or petrol only. Refer ANDRA General Regulations 1.6 and 1.7.
1.4 Fuel System: See General Regulations 1.8.
1.5 Liquid Overflow: See General Regulations 1.9.
1.6 Nitrous Oxide: Prohibited.
1.7 Supercharger, Turbocharger: Prohibited.
2. Driveline
2.1 Driveline: Aftermarket or non-OEM transmissions permitted; see weight breaks. Automated, timer-type, pneumatic, electric, electronic, hydraulic, etc. shifting mechanism prohibited; each individual shift must be a function of the driver and controlled manually. (Driver must pull the lever.) Rear-end swap permitted, but must use original mounting points and suspension. Vehicles running 10.99 or quicker with independent rear suspension using upper and lower (both) control arms may retain swing-axle assembly regardless of weight or ET. Must have 360-degree, minimum 1-inch (25mm) wide by 1/4 inch (6mm) thick axle-retention loop on each axle.
2.2.1 Flywheel Shield: All manual-transmission-equipped RWD cars running 10.99 or quicker must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.1 or 9.1 or a fabricated shield made of 1/4-inch (6mm) thick steel, surrounding the bell housing 360 degrees, extending 1 inch (25mm) forward and 1 inch (25mm) rearward of the rotating clutch assembly. Shield must be securely attached to frame or frame structure, may be multi-piece. All FWD or transverse-mounted applications using a clutch and running quicker than 10.99 must be equipped with a flywheel shield made of 1/4-inch (6mm) minimum-thickness steel plate. In lieu of steel plate, an SFI Spec 4.1 will be accepted if blanket adequately covers bell housing. Shield must surround the bell housing completely except for area of flywheel shield adjacent to differential and axle shaft. Shield may be multi-piece, with pieces bolted together using minimum 3/8-inch (10mm)-diameter Grade 5 or M10 class 8.8 bolts; may be attached to engine and/or bell housing. See General Regulations 2.6.
2.2.2 Automatic Transmission: See General Regulations 2.2.
2.3 Rear End: Rear-end swap permitted, but must use original mounting points and suspension. See General Regulations 2.7.
3. Brakes & Suspension
3.1 Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic brakes mandatory. See General Regulations 3.1.
3.2 Steering: See General Regulations 3.3.
3.3 Suspension: OEM suspension mounting points mandatory. Traction devices permitted provided stock mounting points are retained. One working shock absorber per wheel mandatory. See General Regulations 3.4.
3.4 Suspension, Front: Aftermarket or fabricated lower control arms permitted, but must use original mounting points.
3.5 Suspension, Rear: FWD with factory independent rear suspension may replace with straight axle suspension, but must retain original mounting points. Strut must mount to original upper mounting point. RWD vehicles must use original mounting points and suspension. Rear-end swaps permitted, but must use OEM mounting points.
3.6 Wheelie Bars: Permitted. Maximum length 65 inches (1650mm) from rear bumper. May be adjustable, but must be fixed during run. Any movement or adjustment during run prohibited. Pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, etc. prohibited. Wheelie-bar wheels must spin free at the starting line. Any preload prohibited.
4. Frame
4.1 Ballast: Permitted. See General Regulations 4.2.
4.2 Chassis, All cars: FWD must retain FWD configuration; rear-drive conversions prohibited. Bracing of front suspension towers to roll cage permitted. Otherwise no bracing may be added forward of firewall. Excessive lightening of uni-body structure (i.e., drilling of holes, etc.) prohibited. See General Regulations 4.3, 4.7.
4.2.1 Chassis, FWD: Engine must be located in original location and configuration for body used. Conversion from transverse to longitudinal engine orientation prohibited. If engine is relocated weight penalty for full tube chassis is assigned. Wheel tubs, back halfs, tube chassis etc. permitted; however, full-tube chassis or back half with non-OEM strut mounts/strut tower assemblies incurs weight penalty. (See minimum weights at beginning of section, and also Floor, FWD under Body). Back half is considered from B-pillar or main roll-cage hoop, whichever is further rearward. Refer Section 7.3.1.
4.2.2 Chassis, RWD or 4WD: Engine relocation prohibited. OEM chassis, with complete OEM floor-pan and firewall minus 6 square feet for transmission removal, mandatory. Back half is considered from B-pillar or main roll cage hoop, whichever is further rearward. Back half and/ or non-OEM suspension mounting points prohibited.
4.3 Ground Clearance: Minimum 3 inches (75mm) from front of car to 12 inches (305mm) behind centerline of front axle, 2 inches (50mm) for remainder of car (except for exhaust more than 12 inches (305mm) behind centerline of front axle).
4.4 Parachute: See General Regulations 4.6.
4.5 Roll Cage: Permitted. See General Regulations 4.7.
4.6 Wheelbase: Must retain original wheelbase for body used, plus or minus 1 inch (25mm). Maximum wheelbase variation from left to right is 1 inch (25mm).
5. Tyres & Wheels
5.1 Tyres: Must be DOT or racing slicks with a maximum width of 10.5 inches (268mm) and maximum height of 28 inches (710mm). Cars quicker than 12.50 (1/4 mile) using independent front suspension and cross ply rear tyres are not permitted to use radial from tyres.
5.2 Wheels: Must be automotive-type wheels suitable for street or racing use. Minimum wheel size 13 inches (330mm) unless originally equipped with smaller wheels and vehicle is equipped with original engine. Wheel studs must be threaded into hex portion of lug nut a distance at least equal to the diameter of the stud. See General Regulations 5.3.
6. Interior
6.1 Interior: Upholstery, headliners, carpets, dashboard, etc. optional. Must be equipped with one seat minimum for driver, properly installed. Holes, slots, or other openings in floor and/or firewall prohibited. See General Regulations 6.1.
7. Body
7.1 Body: Any 4 cylinder or rotary automobile, light truck or 4WD permitted. Mild Customizing permitted, but must retain full-bodied appearance and silhouette, with minimum 2 functional doors. Convertible permitted, but must run with top up. Doors must open and close from inside and outside. Glass may be replaced with Lexan or other shatterproof material, minimum thickness 1/8-inch (3mm). Side windows need not be operative, but must be in fully closed position for run. Lightweight body panels permitted. Body must retain a finished appearance, with full bonnet, guards and boot (or fascia kits), and paint. Air intake tube may not be routed outside of body, hood scoop permitted. Otherwise, only factory air-inlet openings permitted.
7.2 Firewall: OEM firewall mandatory on RWD and 4WD. Replacement steel firewall permitted on FWD, but incurs full tube chassis weight penalty. See General Regulations 7.4.
7.3.1 Floor, FWD: Horizontal portion(s) of floor-pan may be removed from behind B-pillar or roll-cage main hoop attachment points (whichever is farther rearward) to rear of car. Entire shock/strut tower structure must be retained. Portion of floor removed must be replaced with aluminum or steel, completely sealed. Complete, unaltered, OEM floor-pan from B-pillar or roll-cage main hoop attachment points (whichever is farther rearward) to front of car mandatory. Excessive lightening of uni-body structure, i.e. drilling of holes, etc., prohibited.
7.3.2 Floor, RWD: OEM floor-pan, front to rear, minus 6 square feet for transmission removal, mandatory.
7.4 Street Equipment: Two headlights and taillights must be present or painted on; need not be operational except for one working taillight.
8. Electrical
8.1 Batteries: Batteries must be securely mounted; may not be located in driver compartment unless sealed off per General Regulations. See General Regulations 8.1.
8.2 Ignition: Two steps, rev limiters, etc. permitted. See General Regulations 8.2, 8.3.
9. Support Group
9.1 Computer: Vehicle Management System’s prohibited. Electronic fuel Injection permitted. Refer General Regulations9.2.
9.2 Data Recorder: Permitted. Wheel-speed sensors of any type on any wheel, including wheelie-bar wheel(s), prohibited. See General Regulations 9.3.
9.3 Fire Extinguisher System: Permitted; must be securely mounted. See General Regulations 9.4.
9.4 Tow Vehicles: Only permitted where use of a parachute is required, however, ANDRA may, at random intervals, require race vehicle to return to scales under its own power. See General Regulations 9.9.
9.5 Warm-Ups: See General Regulations 9.10.
10. Driver
10.1 Credentials: All drivers must have an ANDRA competition Licence. ANDRA Unlimited Licence mandatory for driver of any car running 10.99 or quicker. See Section 1 - Credentials.
10.2 Driver Restraint System: See General Regulations 10.11.
10.3 Helmet: See General Regulations 10.8.
10.4 Neck Collar: See General Regulations 10.10.
10.5 Protective Clothing: See General Regulations 10.10.

All Motor: 2 Rotor – 1950 pounds/ 886kgs
3 Rotor – 2100 pounds/ 954kgs
4 Cylinder FWD – 1650 pounds/ 750kgs
4 Cylinder VW – 1750 pounds/ 795kgs
4 Cylinder RWD – 1950 pounds/ 886kgs
6 Cylinder FWD – 1950 pounds/ 886kgs
6 Cylinder RWD – 2300 pounds/ 1045kgs

preludacris
27-05-2006, 02:12 AM
my car has vtec.. :)

JohnnyVtec
09-09-2006, 09:43 PM
please message or email me with details on joining.

Cheers:thumbsup:

ALLMTR
10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
BAhhahahaaa Dave Hickman Racing THAT IS PISS FUNNY

Gave up on this due to lack of interest

todaek9
12-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Mind telling me how does this work?

Do you mind Emailing me for further details? i would like to discuss further about this matter if possible.

todaek9@hotmail.com

thank you.

DynoDave
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I think with Darren trying to get a Aussie ALLMTR website running this would be good to get off the ground at the same time.
Regards Dyno Dave

grumpy rooster
04-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought this would come up. I know we have the commitment from the racers to racing, but do we have the commitment to have a legal entity and keep it running? I've been in car clubs before (yes I know its different but is similar in a few ways) and everyone is keen at the start but then once the "new" factor wears off noone wants to do anything. I guess thats what Chuck found when he initially raised the idea. Do we have enough committed people to form a committee? Who would be on that committee? There would have to be support from the VW guys and the Rotary boys otherwise its a pointless exercise.

Not trying to be negative here but having been on committees before I know how easily a good idea can turn into a major pain in the arse. :)

tinkerbell
04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
reality is the key to the formation of legal entities....

ALLMTR
04-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I think you'd need to get the website/forum going before considering this...