PDA

View Full Version : CG V6 owners

amato2
23-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Hello,

i have a CG V6 and when the car gets to normal running temp....the car make a ticking noise between 800rpm - 1400rpm..

- it only makes the noise when im in D4, D3, 2 and 1 it doent make the same noise in reverse, park or neutral...

- i think it might be somthing vibrating against the auto box but then y would it only make the noise when hot and not make it in any of the other gear modes..

- i told honda bout this they thought it might have been a sticky valve so they just flushed my motor out but i think its more than that..

- wot u guys think....sorry for the long post

accordingly flash
23-05-2006, 07:02 PM
ticking????could it just be injector noise....

amato2
23-05-2006, 09:52 PM
originally i thought it was a sticky valve or something like that....thing is it only make noise when im in drive and only when the car is hot and has been running for more than 1/2 hour

accordingly flash
23-05-2006, 09:55 PM
wait till you got gearbox dramas....that day is comin lol...

SiReal
23-05-2006, 10:01 PM
hey mate, i can;t offer you an answer but maybe check out v6performance.net.. (i'm sure u have already though ;))

SiReal
23-05-2006, 10:04 PM
here ya go mate!!

http://www.v6p.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1237&forumid=142

Maybe...hehe...just read the problem only occurs in forward gears

amato2
24-05-2006, 01:20 AM
yeah this is great info and also worrying for me....

i dont think it could be this because my car has only done 15000k so its still to new to have anything like this to go wrong...i think anyways

the noise is coming from the right side of the motor....next to the battery

amato2
24-05-2006, 06:53 PM
i showed my mechannic and he thinks that it mite be a sticky valve or lifter...how do i stop them from sticking

SiReal
24-05-2006, 07:02 PM
I dont think you can stop them from being sticky. Its just a natural process of this engine to have the valves (over time) dislodge from their original position.

And apparently, our cars odnt have lifters. Lifters were only for pushrod engines (as quoted on v6p)

amato2
24-05-2006, 09:38 PM
rite so does that mean i need to get them re positioned properly...like i mean a valve adjustment....

- how much do you think honda will sting me to do that

panda[cRx]
24-05-2006, 09:42 PM
wait till you got gearbox dramas....that day is comin lol...

sadly you are most likely right. the vg v6's have plenty of problems with the gearbox. =(

accordingly flash
24-05-2006, 10:05 PM
']sadly you are most likely right. the vg v6's have plenty of problems with the gearbox. =(
yep mine has 200kms and it is starting too shift firm and slip,honda oil fixed it for a while but its back again...if it was a falcon id say it was a s5 solinoid...so remember boys and girls HONDA OIL ONLY lol.....back too the thread..

SiReal
25-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Jump on the US forums and there is at least one gearbox blowing a week. What they have done is installed aftermarket Tranny fluid coolers. But the yanks are crazy drivers. Also, as quoted on v6p, lowering your auto CG, as well as performance mods will decrease the life of the tranny. Lowering - why? Because the axels have been shifted from their optimal working position and hence the tranny has added stress to get them spinning. and Honda ATF is a must (although it says in the user manual that any Dexron 2 or 3 is ok?)

EDIT: amato2 hehe..sorry got off topic on the above post.

amato2
25-05-2006, 12:40 PM
it not a gearbox problem.....honda says my box is fine and there is nothing wrng wit it....it shifts smooth and is willing to kick down when pushed....my problem is with the valves they make a ticking noise when motor is at normal running temp....wot do i do?