PDA

View Full Version : importing 1/2 cut from NZ....

|N|
23-05-2006, 09:28 PM
just wondering has any of u done it. i had a read on the other DIY thread abt imorting 1/2 cut and all the cost involved. (nice and detailed write up btn) so here i m just wondering if i m to import it from new zealand. would i have to go thru the exact some process...due to the fact that its still coming from another country???

OR

cost and wats involved would be less since its from NZ not jap...

pls anyone can give me some idea? coz i m thinkin abt doing so in the v. near futrue. ofcoz depending on wat i have to put up with.
thx guys
regards
nick

bennjamin
24-05-2006, 09:17 AM
to state the obvious ~ it iwll be cheaper to directly import from Japan instead of divert to NZ THEN back to Oz :)
Try and find one in the auctions Nick ~
http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?&u=http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084199219-category-leaf.html
Then get a local trader here a quote of "winning it" and shipping. Or email these guys - (decent price)
http://www.imports-japan.com/

No-VTEC
24-05-2006, 09:48 AM
i think he means he wants to import a car from NZ to OZ ..

not JP --> NZ --> OZ ...

quite difficult to read of auction site ... anyone fluent in japanese ?? -_^

|N|
24-05-2006, 10:01 AM
aiya;.... my work proxi blocked it out.... ll have a look at it tonite... coz thing is i knwo importing from jap is a biatch .. so just really wanting to knwo if it would be alot easier to deal with NZ... seein that most of the time they have some nice and cheap stuff there

joyride
24-05-2006, 03:48 PM
not JP --> NZ --> OZ ...
but the jdm cars come from JPN then to NZ.
unless nick wants an NZ spec car....

bennjamin
24-05-2006, 03:50 PM

not JP --> NZ --> OZ ...

I know ehe ~ but my basic point was it saves money cutting out the middle man (IE getting sent to NZ first THEN back to SYD).

Does anyone have any hookups for our man Nick lor ?

xtercii
24-05-2006, 07:03 PM
use google translation, not the best but it gives the basic idea of the engine's detail..

|N|
24-05-2006, 07:19 PM
coz basically i found an 96 ITR conversion rngine has done 58k... and fomr NZ they want 4k NZ dolloar... souds like a good price to me... but importing it sounids liek a biatch... is there some broker or anything then can fix everything up for me for a small fee...
so basically i can just pay and wait
??

xtercii
24-05-2006, 07:43 PM
not many ppl want to deal with engine these days for some reason, even the traders on this forum all backed off mysteriously after their seemingly promising threads...very frustrating indeed...

BlitZ
24-05-2006, 07:44 PM
thats a very very good price... i wouldnt trust the 58k's htough... regardsless thats heaps cheap...

okok.. here is the cost..

engine cost +
shipping +
GST+
customs

check clubrsx... i asked about importing a 1.8 short block....

and i think i know where u getting engine form.. lucky b@STard.

|N|
24-05-2006, 07:48 PM
thats a very very good price... i wouldnt trust the 58k's htough... regardsless thats heaps cheap...

okok.. here is the cost..

engine cost +
shipping +
GST+
customs

check clubrsx... i asked about importing a 1.8 short block....

and i think i know where u getting engine form.. lucky b@STard.

lol
but i m not sure if i can trust them too... and i dunno shiet thats the thing

quangsta
24-05-2006, 09:55 PM
from what i was reading back back then when looking at import cars like skyline etc....getting them from NZ was pretty much the same process as getting it from japan...though shipping might be a tad cheaper....but all the other paper work, customs and quarauntine are all the same....thats y not many are brought here from NZ...but what would i know...:p

EGB18CT
24-05-2006, 10:30 PM
im guessing it will be the exact same process as what i had taken on the shipping may be cheaper, otherwise you will pay about 400 in forwarding fee, about 180 customs agent(do this yourself) and get them to do fumigation and de gas. Shipping cost me about 400us and covered fumigation and degas and packing, customs agent and stuff over there. So u will still need to pay forwarding fee here and customs and duty which is 10% duty cos auto parts and 10% GST. Unless u declare it as gift but it will look suss so declare it as about 1500aud and pay about 330ish in customs tax and duty. Fees are what blow the budget. i assume ship will be cheaper but everything else is the same.

spardikis
26-05-2006, 03:20 PM
i have good conections in nz if u guys need to locate (mostly) honda parts or cars, as for shipping i havent done it as yet. I could possibly share in some shipping cost in bringing over an engine or something - if u do bring over a container.
might work out a bit cheaper maybe? just an idea.

|N|
26-05-2006, 07:44 PM
im guessing it will be the exact same process as what i had taken on the shipping may be cheaper, otherwise you will pay about 400 in forwarding fee, about 180 customs agent(do this yourself) and get them to do fumigation and de gas. Shipping cost me about 400us and covered fumigation and degas and packing, customs agent and stuff over there. So u will still need to pay forwarding fee here and customs and duty which is 10% duty cos auto parts and 10% GST. Unless u declare it as gift but it will look suss so declare it as about 1500aud and pay about 330ish in customs tax and duty. Fees are what blow the budget. i assume ship will be cheaper but everything else is the same.

180 agent fee i can do it myself? but do u know wat exactly i need to do? wat sort of paper work wold i look at? i had a read abt ur DIY import thread. still a bit lost.. lol....
say if get the seller to send it over... and customs ll notify me when it arrives here? like wat else do i need apart from $? mainly paper work wise. coz it sounds like a biatch to me... : (

i have good conections in nz if u guys need to locate (mostly) honda parts or cars, as for shipping i havent done it as yet. I could possibly share in some shipping cost in bringing over an engine or something - if u do bring over a container.
might work out a bit cheaper maybe? just an idea.

wat sort of connection u have? i have already located my parts and contacted seller... next step for me is to find out wat exactly do i need to do... then i can pay the seller and get things happening...

marte
26-05-2006, 09:29 PM
where did u guys search parts form NZ?

EGB18CT
26-05-2006, 10:41 PM
N, the forwarding agent u need to have as they bring in the container and u must pay thenm a big fee. they will notify you that it has arrived and hav 3 days to clear it or else storage starts at 20us per day. The u get the customs paperwork off them and contact customs or visit them as tell them to help you out with what u need to fill out. U will also have to pay them 71.00 to submit the doc to them. then it gets cleared once u have paid all the fees and is yours to pick up. i dont know what paperwork is needed but i would do it myself next time all it will askj is how much it costed, was it fumigated and s*it like that...

|N|
27-05-2006, 08:15 AM
N, the forwarding agent u need to have as they bring in the container and u must pay thenm a big fee. they will notify you that it has arrived and hav 3 days to clear it or else storage starts at 20us per day. The u get the customs paperwork off them and contact customs or visit them as tell them to help you out with what u need to fill out. U will also have to pay them 71.00 to submit the doc to them. then it gets cleared once u have paid all the fees and is yours to pick up. i dont know what paperwork is needed but i would do it myself next time all it will askj is how much it costed, was it fumigated and s*it like that...

thx for ur reply mate... been helpful.... 1+ rep point for u .. :D

so now i need to find an agent.. still now sure where to find one... made a few emails.... hoping things ll clear up a bit more for me.
cheers
nick

Tu88y
27-05-2006, 08:18 AM
wat sort of connection u have? i have already located my parts and contacted seller... next step for me is to find out wat exactly do i need to do... then i can pay the seller and get things happening...

Nick La the next thing you have to do is take a trip to NZ and organised it over there... While you there can you go to Auckland and buy me my god damn spoiler
hehehehehe

|N|
27-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Nick La the next thing you have to do is take a trip to NZ and organised it over there... While you there can you go to Auckland and buy me my god damn spoiler
hehehehehe

no la.,.. i m not going over.. trying to keep the cost as low as possible...

xtercii
27-05-2006, 12:12 PM
are you dropping in a type r engine in your ek sedan?

|N|
27-05-2006, 11:30 PM
are you dropping in a type r engine in your ek sedan?

er.... gettin some sort of engine.... if i can get hold of

xtercii
29-05-2006, 12:12 PM
That'll sick, not many type R sedans around, you can give ppl some nasty suprises...

JasonGilholme
29-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Might wanna call up customs and ask them. That would be way more informative then anyone on a forum...

EGB18CT
29-05-2006, 01:20 PM
for the forward agent it is already organised buy the shipper (place u buy off) as they have to send release doc and bill of lading to them. So make sure it is inclused in the cost of shipping as well as fumigation! u dont want they bill its like 500au if they dont do it!

once the forwarding agent has the paperwork here you will need to quickly do customs doc as u want it released asap as you dont want to p[ay storage cost once it is her (3 days free storage then 20ud/day), and pay the forwarding agent to bring in the container! 400au about there. For customs doc make sure you get a packing declaration, the engine air con gas was degassed doc, and fumigation cert. Customs need this. Your forwarding agent can help if you have questions. In regards to customs paperwork contact them or go see them in person as they may not be helpful over the phone.

ACTI0NMAN-1
06-07-2006, 02:08 AM
what about if its not a 1/2 cut, but a new unused engine. Does fumigation still have to be done?
And why dont regular packages get fumigated and engine/ 1/2 cuts do?

spardikis
18-07-2006, 04:27 PM
ike, this is jake. why not just use Mums shipping with the floats and stuff. she does all her own stuff and saves about 1000 - 1500 in whalf fees?

And spardikis's hooks ups include me, his bro and a few mates that are up there int he NZhondas scene.

just good to have people on the ground with solid mechanical knowledge over here in NZ to do the pick up, and drop offs and bargin people down etc
speaking of stuff, that R spec ecu and head is still here IKE, i can send it to u for about 300 if u want?

BlitZ
07-08-2006, 10:35 PM
ike, this is jake. why not just use Mums shipping with the floats and stuff. she does all her own stuff and saves about 1000 - 1500 in whalf fees?

And spardikis's hooks ups include me, his bro and a few mates that are up there int he NZhondas scene.

just good to have people on the ground with solid mechanical knowledge over here in NZ to do the pick up, and drop offs and bargin people down etc
speaking of stuff, that R spec ecu and head is still here IKE, i can send it to u for about 300 if u want?

mum's shipping?

im looking at oimporting somehting from NZ..

onyl popel i know is UPS.. anyone with sources? cant be screwed calling all these no name ones in the yellow pages