PDA

View Full Version : Replacing H Badges

Moya
24-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Last monday I got a new set of Red Honda [H] Badges for my DC2. Bit of rice, but I prefer them, don't really like my stock Gold ones.

Removing them is easy, dental floss and heat gun.

1. What cleaner can I use to remove the left over glue residue?
2. How do I apply these new Badges? They have pins on the back, but what glue do I use?

Thanks!

Q_ball
24-05-2006, 01:46 PM
The badges should have some sticky foam on the back which should stick to the car after the appropriate cleaning is done to the surface of application.
Just apply some pressure onto the badge and it should stick.
If these badges dont have the sticky back to them, can i ask where u got these badges from??

Moya
24-05-2006, 02:12 PM
My apologies, I obviously didn't look too closely at the badges themselves. There is a black layer of sticky foam stuff on the back.

What do I use to remove all the old sticky residue? Metho? I don't want to damage the paint.

I'll more than likely wash the car at the same time, so I'll remove the badge, clean the residue then wash, then rebadge.

Q_ball
24-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Not entirely sure what you can use to clean your car of the old residue,
Try this part of the forums:
http://ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=81
Hope that helps.

tRipitaka
24-05-2006, 02:27 PM
try alcohol..
it works with the stickers, so possibly with the badge ?

Jon_51
24-05-2006, 03:19 PM
big kev's goo remover ftw

destrukshn
24-05-2006, 03:43 PM
bug/tar remover works quite well.

TECDUP
24-05-2006, 10:15 PM
when i bought my dc2 it had mugen badges all over it (WAY to rice for me)
metho got it right off for me no probs, couldnt even tell it was there...metho and a good clean cloth
metho wont wreck your paint as long as you wash it off when your finished, if you dont it may fade in the spots u applied it to

EK9
24-05-2006, 10:50 PM
when i bought my dc2 it had mugen badges all over it (WAY to rice for me)
metho got it right off for me no probs, couldnt even tell it was there...metho and a good clean cloth
metho wont wreck your paint as long as you wash it off when your finished, if you dont it may fade in the spots u applied it to
exactly wot i did...

it wont kill ya paint, it's not acid or anything. a car's paint is made to withstand alot of crap, so just use wotever, but make sure u clean it off later.

and did u buy genuine badges? if so can i ask how much ??