PDA

View Full Version : del sol sway bars

IndoStyler
24-05-2006, 08:13 PM
will say bars reduce body roll in a del sol???
where do i get a goos set??? n how much would they be??

wat else will reduce body roll???

saxman
24-05-2006, 08:37 PM
yes, they will... a good rear bar makes a world of difference on the sol... I wouldn't recommend changing the front. High quality shocks/springs or coilovers(this doesn't include the ebay special stuff that sells for super cheap... it'll cost you a pretty penny) and a good rear sway make a world of difference for reducing body roll.

If you're worried about reducing body roll with a sway, I assume you've already lowered the car with some good suspension components.

IndoStyler
24-05-2006, 08:52 PM
my car is lowered on king springs....but i didnt do it....previous owner did it....i'm thinking of getting good coilovers though....so a rear sway bar will help?? where do i get it??

saxman
25-05-2006, 03:59 AM
whiteline seems to be the easiest source over there for a good sway...

do you have upgraded shocks? If you're running just springs and stock shocks, that's certainly not helping things.

czy_sol87
25-05-2006, 09:37 AM
yes, they will... a good rear bar makes a world of difference on the sol... I wouldn't recommend changing the front. High quality shocks/springs or coilovers(this doesn't include the ebay special stuff that sells for super cheap... it'll cost you a pretty penny) and a good rear sway make a world of difference for reducing body roll.

If you're worried about reducing body roll with a sway, I assume you've already lowered the car with some good suspension components.
just a question why would u not recomend changing the front sway bar as well???

SLOWEGG
25-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Your stock front sway bar will work fine. You only want to change the front bar to a larger one if you want abit more understeer.

jdm_kid
25-05-2006, 10:17 AM
some ways to reduce body roll - get a bigger sway rear bar + tie bar (best to get from whiteline), coilovers (heard that buddy club coilovers r a good product 2k), and get strut bars (front & rear), and a bucket seat :) to hold u in properly, and give u more control etc

z3lda
25-05-2006, 10:42 AM
your car already has rear sway bar. 14mm

jdm_kid
25-05-2006, 11:24 AM
your car already has rear sway bar. 14mm

/\ correct, get a 22mm :)

Q_ball
25-05-2006, 11:27 AM
just a question why would u not recomend changing the front sway bar as well???
Creates more understeer...which in most fast corner/track situations, is least wanted by drivers.

IndoStyler
25-05-2006, 08:29 PM
thx u guys 4 the info....thats plenty

xtercii
01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
so front swaybar is not recommended at all? Then why do people put in front sways at all?