PDA

View Full Version : [CB7] Tacho.....

Xplodin
24-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey,

Hey guys's Just wanna ask how do i go about taking the Instrument cluster apart. I have a blown globe in there and i wanna get that replaced cos its drivin me up the wall. Any pics apreciated. Thanks Guys

Eclipsor
24-05-2006, 11:44 PM
oh god. it isn't fun. I replaced the perspex face to mine recently. I will go through what I can remember and update tomorrow when I have a look.

The hardest part is taking off the console surround. The black bit that goes around the stereo, the heater controls and up around the cluster. To do this you have to find all the screws.

Take out all of the vent air flow adjuster things. The just pull out with a bit of force in the side to lever them(be as gentle as possible though). There are screws behind all of them. Remember to look up. Take out all the buttons like the hazzard, rear defog etc. There are screws behind some of these. Take out the ash tray screws behind that. There may be another one behind the cigarette lighter. Two screws up above the cluster. One behind the coin tray I think. Don't pull on the surround too hard. If all the screws are out it will come fairly easily and it breaks easily too. Finally if you have some sort of vent adjustment between the two centre vents you will have to get behind that and pop the adjusting wire off its hook thing.

You should be able to manouvre this part out from around the steering wheel. If not take the steering wheel off. There is a bolt behind the horn button if you dont' have an airbag. If you do I'm not sure what to do.

Next there should be 4 screws holding the gauge cluster in. Take them out. Then take out the 3 big plugs connecting all the gauges to the ecu etc. from around it. Push the steering coloumn down as far as it goes. Then you can take the gauge cluster out. This is a bit tricky getting the angles right. But it does come.

That is about it. The bulbs all twist and pull out from the back and the top of the cluster. Hope this helps.

Xplodin
25-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Woh Dude thanks for that i'll have to give that a try later on when i'm home. But thanks for that i recon that deserves a PQ point. But it aint up to me to give em out. But thanks for the details. Do u remember where all the screws were?