PDA

View Full Version : ITR parts into VTi-R motor?

VTi_b0i
25-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Hey,
I was just wondering, whats the main differences between the 2 motors and the main question is,
Is it worth putting ITR cams, cam gears and pistons into a b18c2? is it then technically the same as an ITR motor?
i am aware the head maybe different, but I am going to put aftermarket valves and springs in also....
Would this be a worthy increase in power/performance or a waist of time?
thans
Christian

BlitZ
25-05-2006, 02:23 PM
the cost outway the benefits...
each component in an ITR motor only makes slightly more than its STD counter part.. as a whole its a good package......

the main reasons why the b18c5/7 is potent.. is that..:-

high compression pistons
more agressive cams + components
lighter flyer wheel..
better std exhaust is the dc2r as opposed to dc2

+littles bits here and there like manifold + throttle body... (all making a slight difference)

all that above for an extra 15kw atw... heeheheheh

the money is better spent elsewhere... just get stage 2 cams (springs, gears, valves), lighten flywheel, tuned ecu.... would proabably net u the same gains and less headaches..

VTi_b0i
25-05-2006, 02:36 PM
thanks alot for that :)
cause yehh my mate has a b18cR motor that he is replacing the pistons, cams and cam gears, so i was gona slam them in but if its better to just get my own cams etc ill go that way...
thanks champ

BlitZ
25-05-2006, 02:41 PM
thanks alot for that :)
cause yehh my mate has a b18cR motor that he is replacing the pistons, cams and cam gears, so i was gona slam them in but if its better to just get my own cams etc ill go that way...
thanks champ

but if u can get them at a cheap price i cant see why you shouldnt go down the path...

its jsut that peopel sell it at riduclous prices and simply getting all the parts for the rebuild would cost 2500 + accessories..

if u can get them at mates rate... go do it.. eheheheh

VTi_b0i
25-05-2006, 03:18 PM
lol yehh that was the plan... but if for a little more i can make heaps better gains, id rather go that way haha

ekslut
25-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah, if you can get the parts cheap and you can arrange labour for the rebuild at a good price, then you might as well do it. It will give you a good increase in power for not much money. But remember you will need all new gaskets for both bottom & top end too.

But it isn't going to be the same as a ITR motor by swapping these parts as there are still a few small differences between the two.

VTi_b0i
25-05-2006, 03:51 PM
i see.... thanks mate...
so to put these parts in, a full rebuild is required?
i didnt think about that... i suppose it would for the pistons... hmm
well in that case, i might just leave the stock pistond in, and go the cams, and cam gears, along with valves and valve springs...
these mods with full exhaust, CAI and hopefully a aftermarket intake manifold should give good power gains shouldnt it?
i dont wana rebuild the motor unless it is necessary... i dont see the point in it...

ekslut
25-05-2006, 05:02 PM
yeah, pretty much everything needs to be dis-assembled for pistons, so it would make sense to rebuild and replace all gaskets.

Best thing would be to just put in the ITR cams + valve springs + retainers etc... Pretty much just the head stuff. Will be a lot cheaper in labour + parts and you should still get a good gain out of it.