PDA

View Full Version : Help - Car not starting :S

zel05
26-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey there everyone...I have a little issue, was wondering if someone could give me some guidance as to what is wrong with my car.

It is an auto 94 accord...i mention auto because it may be significant...

Last night i went to move my car...wouldnt turn over, accessories and everything on, radio started, (so im guessing not a flat battery), fuel pump started too, but nothing turning over...

It took about 5 seconds to realise that it was still in drive...put it in park, and away she goes...

Now this morning, i try to start it again, a little nervous for some reason...Made sure it is in Park this time...and still nothing...same symptoms as the night before...everything came on, just wouldn't turn over...

Im stumped, anyone have any suggestions?

EuroDude
26-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Sounds like the alternator may be failing if its not turning over. How many kms has the car done?

zel05
26-05-2006, 09:46 AM
hmm...car has done about 118000k's...not alot for a 12 year old...

i will investigate the alternator a little more then...

timmy_12
26-05-2006, 04:19 PM
try starting it in Neutral an auto will start in Neutral and Park but not in a gear i am not sure how it sensors weather it is in a gear or not but it night even be a switch and that could be giving it false info weather to start or not

zel05
26-05-2006, 04:53 PM
Being at work today, i had to get my mum to organise to have it checked out...Actually, she did it without me knowing...She rang up racq, he checked it out, aparantly its the starter motor...

he got it started by knocking some solinoid...and mum is going to drop it down to a motor electrician to have it sorted out...Might even get it back today...

Good ol' mum