PDA

View Full Version : New Marketplace "Vouch Thread"

wynode
02-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi all,

After some suggestions, we are trialing it out so that members can post on their experience with other users when they have bought/sold stuff.

Post your feedback in this thread.

VTEC16 brought the idea up with us and will be in charge of moderating that thread.

Check it out here:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72412#72412

Creative
02-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Good idea and surprised one has been started in the past. They are a good way of seeing who is a good seller and who isnt.

Although you will maybe want to watch out for legel issues Ben.....OCAU nearly was shut down due to 'Vendor Verdicts' a few years ago...:(

Good suggestion though :nod:

VTEC16
03-05-2004, 12:21 AM
YAY!!! :dance:

Its an important part of the marketplace - so many ppl sell stuff, so its hard to tell dodgy sellers from legit ppl.

This is still the internet - so all comments should be taken with a pinch of salt....take into account how many posts the person has made and whether you would trust them.

thanks again wyn - your a champ :thumbsup:

...as for the legal issues - there will be only OBJECTIVE accounts, hence i dont think there will be an issue.

wynode
03-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Although you will maybe want to watch out for legel issues Ben.....OCAU nearly was shut down due to 'Vendor Verdicts' a few years ago...:(

Thats exactly why we were hesitant to put it up in the first place. Mike (VTEC16) is taking care of it....and if the slightest defamatory comment is made, that post will be deleted, and the entire thread removed.

Its to benefit you guys/girls......abuse it and don't expect it to come back again.

joyride
13-05-2004, 04:10 PM
the link in the first post doesnt work??

wynode
13-05-2004, 06:04 PM
WE've taken it down due to some complaints. Will evaluate how we are going to do it and get back to you.

bigteethygrin
25-06-2004, 01:01 AM
(Jon Edit: Only questions related to the SALE will be accepted in the Marketplace forum. The next person to question pricing, give their unwanted personal opinion or SPAM a thread will be BANNED FOR TWO WEEKS. Respect others. Forumers are smart enough to research any items they might be considering buying.)

I just had this edited into my post.

I cant find the username in the memberlist so cant personally express my point of view except through here. Figured that this thread is already on the topic so would continue the topic.

Basically I commented that the seller was selling an inferior product at a price that was above what is normally retail in a second hand market. The comment was polite a non accusing purpose to make buyers aware of the proper market value.

Pretty much I dont want to see OH members getting ripped off for stuff they can buy cheaper at a standard retailer. I also dont want to see OH getting filled with people trying to take advantage of the members here who dont know any better. We arent all auto parts market analysts.

I just wanted to express that i disagree with the edit to my post as Jon whoever you are your encouraging the use of OH for sale forums to be used to rip off unsuspecting members. If i had ripped a reply saying "oh that items crap" or "this guy is just rippin everyone off" then yeah i would agree with you.. but to just state retail prices compared to the sellers price (especially when the sellers second hand price IS HIGHER) is a fair comment and i feel related to the SALE. BAN me if you will but your just helping the wrong people dude.

joneblaze
25-06-2004, 07:53 PM
I can see where you are coming from bigteethygrin, however I am merely a moderator, and adhering to the OH Rules and Reg's as set by Wynode. None of us want OH to turn into a dumping ground for parts and have a board full of non participants. We are currently in the process of upgrading and changing this system, to better benefit OzHonda forumers. I apologise for any affront you might have taken from my edit, I'm was doing my "job". At the moment, the way things are, the rules are no off topic/personal opinion/statements in Marketplace threads.

regards,

Jon