PDA

View Full Version : dc2r or dc5r

all_motor_baby
26-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Hey guys, just thought i'd start this topic dont know if its already been done but if it has my appologies :o, but i'd like 2 ask a question for all those who own a DC2R/DC5R as I’d like one of these 2 to be my next car, I’d just like opinions and your thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages on both cars, now I know the aesthetic differences and have slight knowledge on the spec side of things. Now I know that the DC2R’s “B18C” was released first and has had a lot longer time to develop and refine aftermarket parts where as the DC5R’s “i-VTEC K series” is still in its early stages but slowly starting to reach the level that the B series is at atm, now I’ve read a lot of stuff about both cars performances some magz compared the 2 and said the DC5R even the S bloody even the S was better according to them, they said cornering ability was better in the DC5R/S than in the DC2R even though the DC2R was lighter, of course the straight line power was on the DC5R/S’s side sue to the new 2ltr K motor. But on the other side of things from the die hard supporters of the DC2R they swear that even though the DC5R/S has everything going for it the DC2R is still the choice for those who really know anything about Honda performance and in a way I do to the DC2R is lighter and there are far more aftermarket parts out there and so far on all BMI/HOTVERSION vids I always see the DC2R’s win on most track battles when both DC2R and DC5R are tuned/worked but I still haven’t seen a stockie on stockie battle yet lol but I’m sure the DC5R would probably take that one out, so guys that’s just some of my thoughts on the topic.

regards Jace

chunky
26-05-2006, 11:55 PM
dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5 dc5

all_motor_baby
26-05-2006, 11:58 PM
shit that was quick 1 min HAHA

chunky
27-05-2006, 12:00 AM
lolz got nothing to do

Q_ball
27-05-2006, 12:04 AM
If you honestly have nothing better to say or do chunky, dont say ne thing at all!
Keep your posts to the spam thread!!

all_motor_baby....

1) You should learn to space your paragraph out with proper sentences, makes it easier for ppl to read, thus help you! ;)

2) Search is your friend, threads of this nature have been made in the past!!

Heres a couple:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19516&highlight=differences+dc2r+dc5r

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4350&highlight=differences+dc2r+dc5r

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18699&highlight=differences+dc2r+dc5r

Concentrate on the 3rd link imo...you'll find an answer to almost every question you have out there in regards to DC2R and DC5R :)

HVL
27-05-2006, 12:05 AM
jdm dc5r is the fastest and the best, but in australia dc2r

all_motor_baby
27-05-2006, 12:07 AM
whops sorry guys just notice that i didnt really space it to well sorry guys :p , Qball thnx bud very helpful :wave:

Q_ball
27-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Not a prob mate! Pleasure :)

marte
27-05-2006, 12:44 AM
if your gonna keep them both stock or light mods then dc5.
moderate amount of mods then dc2, more cheapr & available parts. easy to get good gains and i prefer the look of dc2 then dc5

all_motor_baby
27-05-2006, 08:00 PM
well thats my thoughts to, i personaly pefer the DC2R as it to me does look nicer then the DC5R but the DC5R has grown on me more and more, i know that the aftermartket avaliblity for parts is on the DC2R's side but i mean as soon as the parts improve as much as the parts for the DC2R then they DC5R could be a problem both on tracks and dragstrips lol cause i know theres more DC2R's that a modded then DC5R's, but i guess its all prefrence lol.

Chosta
27-05-2006, 09:14 PM
lol, i was in the same situation as you! it all comes down to what YOU want. Your talking about performance this, performance that. Are you going to really modify your car so much such that its just the same as those race cars you see on the clips? if not, then those small marginal gains race cars spend alot of money finding shouldnt be considered when choosing the right model. It all comes down to what you like. i went for the dc5 over dc2 mainly because it the newer model of the two and the styling is nicer(newer). dc2 is definitely cheaper to mod in respects to performance since aftermarket items have been around. But if you only do a bit of modding, dc5 will be ontop.

hope it helped. :P

all_motor_baby
27-05-2006, 09:23 PM
well i dont want it to be as modded as those race cars i see rather i'd like to make my car be able to perfrom well on all forms of motor racing, a perfect balance where i can take it to the strip and change it slightly to suit the track, im not stupid to spend that kinda money to replicate what i will never have but i will spend money on what i need to be able to get what i want performance wise thats why i keep going back to performance on the 2 cars. Im sure i would mod both cars to the same extent but which would be better thats all im asking i guess :)

BiLL|z0r
28-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Also consider a DC2 will have more km's than a DC5 (generally) since they're older. This may come into the equation for servicing and replacement of parts due to age and wear.

Personally I'd go with a DC5 cause I like the look and newer. Although the B series motors have been out longer, good gains are being made on the K series so after a few years I expect the K to be ahead, especially technology wise.