PDA

View Full Version : [Euro/7thAccord] Window Auto-up via remote, DIY solution!

EuroDude
27-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Finally there is an affordable solution for those who dont want to install an expensive alarm, and are willing to pay roughly $100 for a simple DIY add-on to make the windows roll up with two clicks of the Lock button on the remote.

The HM20 Module wires into the drivers door by tapping into 5 existing wires, and fools the car by mimmicking the door key-hold function to wind up the windows.

Buy an "HM20" Window Roll-up Module from kptechnologies in the US. $US60+shipping, so its around ~$AU100 for us
http://www.kptechnologies.com/

Here are some clear instructions with photos:
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10206

And more instructions/info:
http://kptechnologies.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

ps. It should work for the normal 7th Gen Accord too!

:thumbsup:

ngupil
27-05-2006, 01:36 PM
its not worth spending $100 just to roll up your window remotely
either way, if you accidentally open the window when parking if you realize it, you will run back towards your car anyhow. but if you dont realize it, even the remote window roll up will not do any good.

EuroDude
27-05-2006, 03:36 PM
I had the feature on my Civic for years so I miss it greatly. Ive already left a window open three times without realizing, lucky it didnt rain. Plus you can get used to pressing lock twice everytime, or just when you are going to be away from the car for a long time.

$100 seems reasonable to me. :)

ECU-MAN
28-05-2006, 06:36 PM
awsome find.

now to try it out :)

coyote
29-05-2006, 10:32 PM
If anyone's willing to purchase and try this out, I for one will be keen to see/hear about the results. Keep us posted whomever gets one...

Seiken
08-06-2006, 06:18 PM
I've just received the unit and installed it today and works fine. It's not a cheap mod just to get your windows to go up @ approx 100 bucks but i love my nifty gadgets and had to buy one :D .

When you press lock twice, the system performs a lock again to emulate the double key turn in the lock and windows go up. To interrupt it we just press lock again.

Seik

EuroDude
08-06-2006, 06:27 PM
Sweet! Gonna get one myself :)

Did it take long to install? The door trim was a biatch to get off huh?
I guess you soldered the wires on with shrink wrap etc. Wouldnt want it shorting anything.

Seiken
09-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Eurodude: The trim isn't hard to take off at all, the only few problems you might encounter would be just getting the power window/mirror console out is and getting access to the back of the speaker. yep all the soldering was done and taped up :) .

Username: i think it means within 5 secs when you press it the first time. you can do it as fast as you can press the lock button twice on your remote and you hear the car lock twice. should be able to do it in like 1 sec.

EuroDude
09-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah ive already tackled both door trims to install new speakers, and you're right, that black side mirror cover is quite tricky. That door handle cable had to stay attached though so the trim was just hanging there sitting on a small rubbish bin. Couldnt figure out how to unattach it...

Seiken
09-06-2006, 11:17 AM
hehehe, i actually meant the console controls for the power windows and mirrors as you need to get to those for the install.

the door handle cable is very easy to take off, at the end of the cable is a hook which you can lift up but it's just before that hook that the cable is held in a plastic lock. I just placed a small screwdriver into it to pry it out and then you can lift it up easy.

coyote
01-08-2006, 03:19 PM
My KP Technologies Window Lifter Module arrived today, and I installed it in about half an hour. Awesome little mod! Love it!

Pumped
01-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Sweet mod :)
Would of been nice if it came like this from factory

Adrian Euro
29-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi How does this module work with an upgrade alarm that requires the pressing of the close button twice as a panic feature?

EUR003act
29-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi How does this module work with an upgrade alarm that requires the pressing of the close button twice as a panic feature?

see thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83328

longers
02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
hey
im unsure. but apprently my friend said theres coding on the windows.
and you just have to find the right code and it works. any one know whats up with that?

LXRY
05-02-2008, 05:43 AM
Anything available for sunroof ? Would love it if my sunroof shut when my car turns off.........very irritating, i keep having to turn car ignition back on too close sunroof.....

EuroDude
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Anything available for sunroof ? Would love it if my sunroof shut when my car turns off.........very irritating, i keep having to turn car ignition back on too close sunroof.....

Perhaps the 'One Touch Sunroof Control for Honda/Acura' at http://www.kptechnologies.com would suffice

LXRY
05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Perhaps the 'One Touch Sunroof Control for Honda/Acura' at http://www.kptechnologies.com would suffice

Looks good my friend......one touch is better than holding the damn thing, very irritating....just touch and presto, hell yeah !!!

jwesterway
21-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I bought the window roll up and sunroof controller from kptechnologies, my sunroof module is DOA i think, emailed the company to find out but mine came missing the orange wire for the vent function so might have been sent an incorrect unit and thats why it didnt work after install.

My idea with this was to connect the sunroof module to perm power instead of ignition power (yellow wire on sunroof module) and then use a relay to interface the lock signal wire from the window roll up module to the sunroof module (SPST - lock signal for sense and switching to the close wire). This would suffice to allow the sunroof to close and all windows to roll up on a double press of the keyfob. Also would cause the one touch sunroof to operate without the ignition on as a side effect but that is not to bad i think.

Once i sort out this sunroof module ill install it all...

This should work right? positive pulse from lock signal interfaced using the relay to allow the ground switching of the sunroof??

.QD
12-04-2008, 02:31 PM
There some sort of "auto" window wind down from factory on the Accord Euro. Press the unlock button on the remote and within 5 seconds of that hold down the unlock button again and all windows will wind down and stop once you release the unlock button.

Another method is using the key.

Unlock and Wind Window Down: Unlock the car with the key, within 5 seconds unlock again and hold it to position, window will wind down until you release.

Lock and Wind Window Up: Lock the car with the key, within 5 seconds lock again and hold it to position, window will wind up until you release.

If that wasnt clear check your user manual :D

I guess that's handy if your cars been in the sun and you want to let the hot air out before you get in the car....

EuroDude
14-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I guess that's handy if your cars been in the sun and you want to let the hot air out before you get in the car....

Yep its very handy in this case - it makes a huge difference, especially with a black car lool

.QD
14-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Yep its very handy in this case - it makes a huge difference, especially with a black car lool

Yup! I have a black car and black interior.

doosra
01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
this is a cool diy... i wanted auto rollup windows and called jbhifi to see whether they had anything and they said i'd need to buy an alarm ($250), window lifting module ($50-$100) and installation ($200). This meant i was looking at over $500..

i've put my order in.. currently cost $120 due to exchange rate... hopefully it's as easy as it looks..

doosra
01-02-2009, 11:36 AM
seems like there's a module u can get locally.. i'm not sure how it compares to the KPtechnologies one, however it's cheaper .. .

http://www.caraudiowarehouse.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=35&products_id=184&osCsid=0494b7acc758d2ba1050359db16f8ffe

anyone tried this one? and is there much different with the KP one or are they practically the same?

mofolo
01-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Does this close the sunroof as well?

kimnkk
01-08-2009, 06:26 AM
seems like there's a module u can get locally.. i'm not sure how it compares to the KPtechnologies one, however it's cheaper .. .

http://www.caraudiowarehouse.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=35&products_id=184&osCsid=0494b7acc758d2ba1050359db16f8ffe

anyone tried this one? and is there much different with the KP one or are they practically the same?

Seems like the difference between this one and the KP one is that the KP one goes up when you tap the lock button twice. The local one seems to go up when you lock your doors (arming the alarm system). I think i might go for the KP one since i wouldn't want my windows up everytime i lock my car!

tenji`
03-08-2009, 12:38 PM
Well when i owned my golf 32 we bought a module that plugs into the tactrix obd port and uploaded some codes to enable the window wind up n down on the remote.

there was no wiring or anything. and it took all about of 1min to enable it.

and only cost $90

surely there should be something out there like that.

euro2009
03-08-2009, 12:54 PM
That is exactly what I want - no mess with wiring - just simply some codes upload that's it - I wish someone can tell me how and where.

Jonno5454
03-08-2009, 11:13 PM
im planning on getting the KP any one else wanna get one share shippping??

im in NSW

euro2009
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Jonno5454 Unless your Euro is 2009 - I thought any pre 2009 Euro can get the windows to automatically wind down using the remote Key. Have you checked this post and try it out first before ordering it:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116577

Jonno5454
03-08-2009, 11:30 PM
i know can go down

i want it to go up !!

ive been reading your other thread about it aswell ive been looking for some thing like this for ages never ofund it till now

let me know if u up for one as well coz im in no rush to order but not gonna wait for you warrenty to expire lol

euro2009
03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
OK I see. Unfortunately for me Euro 2009 no longer does that and I am no Electrical handy man so a bit hesitant of getting it done myself but would love to have it though. if you know it can work like yours w/o the mod, I'd like to hear from. I have happy with just the Windows down and not up.

Jonno5454
03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
oh BTW is yours CL9 ?? or CU2 ??

i got CU2 aswell apprently there are codes to programm the remote to have the same functions as the up down windows

but i cant find it

Jonno5454
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
OK I see. Unfortunately for me Euro 2009 no longer does that and I am no Electrical handy man so a bit hesitant of getting it done myself but would love to have it though. if you know it can work like yours w/o the mod, I'd like to hear from. I have happy with just the Windows down and not up.

car electrical is ok i can do it myself

ill let u know if i find any thing ..

euro2009
03-08-2009, 11:38 PM
My is Euro 2009 Standard so is it CU2 or CL9 ? I would love to have those programming code if you happen to find it or direct me where to find it - Thanks in advance.

Jonno5454
03-08-2009, 11:39 PM
My is Euro 2009 Standard so is it CU2 or CL9 ? I would love to have those programming code if you happen to find it or direct me where to find it - Thanks in advance.

CL9 is the old shape

CU2 is the new new shape. so yours is CU2

euro2009
03-08-2009, 11:43 PM
Got it so my is CU2 - I have been googling for the past few days without any luck just yet - love to hear from you or anyone with those codes.