PDA

View Full Version : Tein Flex vs Buddy Club N+

geo41e
27-05-2006, 09:43 PM
hey there guyz

just wondering, l'm going to get a set of coilovers, and wanna know if anybody here has experienced uding a set of Tein Flex on a DC2R, then chaning to the Buddy Club N+ dampers.

how do they compare?
which is more stiffer ?
more adjustablity ?
handling and very firm ride as in leveling out?
built quality ??

thanks guyz!@!

Geoff

_FeRiO_
29-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Just want i wanted 2 ask, but for an EM1.

jdm_kid
29-05-2006, 10:18 PM
this doesnt really help but ...
ive been told that buddy club shits over tein, but yeh alot of ppl are switchin to buddyclub

rated_r
29-05-2006, 10:41 PM
buddy club is the shit for sure

stephen8512
29-05-2006, 11:10 PM
ive got tein type flex on my euro and im very satisfied. ride quality very close to stock with cornering dramatically improving and i have the EDFC to change damper settings from in car when i want/need to

Phantasm
30-05-2006, 01:39 AM
I originally wanted to get the buddyclubs, but due to there being none available in australia for my car at the time i chose the flex. I am yet to fit them tho so cant comment on them.

JasonGilholme
30-05-2006, 05:51 AM
I believe that N+ are better value for money regarding adjustablity and performance.

rAySiR
30-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I believe that N+ are better value for money regarding adjustablity and performance.

i agree with that... the n+ is good value for money...:thumbsup:

crx51
30-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Gday mate, im pretty sure the buddy club have a lot more adjustability. What i was told when i enquired about the two is that the tein are more comfortable by far but the buddy club will give you go kart handling. On my crx i was told that spring rates for the tein were about (from memory) 6kg/mm rear and 9kg/mm front whereas the buddy club were 8kg/mm rear and 12kg/mm front. So a good 33%stiffer than tein. Hope that helps mate. When i get the money together ill be looking at the buddy clubs.

One thing to think of though is the fact that alot of people have said that buddy club has in fact gone bust, this being the case i dont know what sort of support would be around for them now. I only heard this on one of these forums though and im not sure of this but someone else could confirm.

CTR Coupe
30-05-2006, 10:24 AM
One thing to think of though is the fact that alot of people have said that buddy club has in fact gone bust, this being the case i dont know what sort of support would be around for them now. I only heard this on one of these forums though and im not sure of this but someone else could confirm.
Buddy Club did go bust but they have been bought out and are operating as usual again.

rAySiR
30-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Gday mate, im pretty sure the buddy club have a lot more adjustability.

the n+ spec is 15 level adjustablity... i think the tein is about 8ish someone who has teins pls confirm....

if i'm on the softest setting its a very comfortable ride... but its also nice and stiff when you adjust it to stiffer settings

stephen8512
30-05-2006, 11:44 AM
teins have 16 level adjustability, for both the SS (super street damper coilovers) and the flex coilovers.
AFAIK, flex is compatible with the EDFC, the SS is not, however i have heard that some SS models CAN actually be used with the EDFC.
im on my softest setting also which is 16 front, 16 rear damper setting and like i said, no regrets. But i do plan to sell my coilovers soon as i'll be getting airbag suspension

PaZzMaN-R
01-06-2006, 11:26 AM
my experience with the buddyclub n+.
i find them very comfortable when on a good setting, comparable to the stock ride comfort wise. awesome on a stiffer setting to. the only problem i had with them was that my tyres just did not match the level of performance that they offered:(

here some pics of mine;
http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/6779/dsc18302zg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/7031/dsc18281ws.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Perry
01-06-2006, 01:35 PM
so u saying Tein Flex and Tein Sss are similar?/

EG5
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
so u saying Tein Flex and Tein Sss are similar?/

Tein flex : dual height adjustment
Tein SS : single height adjustment

big difference from there already
then spring rates its different
piston shocks size etc

jooboo
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
its got nothing 2 do with these 2 brands..but ne1 got zeal functions x's

JasonGilholme
01-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I've heard about zeal as well. They're more expensive aren't they?? If so, how much performance gain is there?

DC5TYPER
01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
With some TEIN brand Coil-overs you can get adjustable pillow-ball mounts and some also come with helper springs. The HA's have both of these. As for the EDFC on board controller, some models are capatible SS,HA, FLEX tec. It really depends on the car. On HA, EDFC can be fitted on the DC5R but not on most other cars. NSX for example is a NO because there is not enough room to fit it.
Search the net and you'll will find reviews and more info on the TEIN product. As for FLEX its desogned more for track, as stated by TEIN. It also (by memory) has the ability to drop the car further to the ground then the HA, SS, and so on.

Going by the picture of the N+, If they are the same price I would go the the FLEX, You can get the adjutable Pillow-ball mount and helper springs and use them to tune your suspension in much many more ways.

kongfu
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Flex is good for track use..But TEIN SS is pretty good and reliable for street use. Buddyclub N+ is ok..However, it will depend on personal preference..I would go for TEIN.coz you could use EDFC as well.

stephen8512
02-06-2006, 02:59 AM
just a side note, the pillow-ball mounts do not come with the flex. u have to buy them separately.

air23box
02-06-2006, 05:28 AM
Thats really depends on where you buy it and also whats the package is included.....most of the traders in here they sell Tein SS and Flex with upper pillow mounts with the Sussy......

JasonGilholme
02-06-2006, 05:47 AM
Whats the price difference between all these models??

Buddy Club N+: 1800
TIEN SS: ?
TIEN Flex: ?
TIEN HA: ?

egSi
02-06-2006, 08:20 PM
buddyclub ftw! :p :thumbsup:

tein ss's r weak.

flexs are good imo. have driven both flex and ss cars. fleX owns ss but not buddyclub.

PaZzMaN-R
03-06-2006, 10:02 AM
buddyclub ftw! :p :thumbsup:

tein ss's r weak.

flexs are good imo. have driven both flex and ss cars. fleX owns ss but not buddyclub.

^^ ^^
i concure

revNhevN
03-06-2006, 11:50 AM
^^ ^^
i concure
can you please explain the difference in ride quality on sydney roads?
also has anyone compared compared these to cusco zero2?

edw-R
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM
If you want to know the price, pls feel free to pm to me or e-mail to march319_88@yahoo.com.au

For the coilovers, if you are looking for high performance, try Tein RA. Top of the range.:thumbsup: .

Whats the price difference between all these models??

Buddy Club N+: 1800
TIEN SS: ?
TIEN Flex: ?
TIEN HA: ?

PaZzMaN-R
03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
can you please explain the difference in ride quality on sydney roads?
also has anyone compared compared these to cusco zero2?

what differences would you like me to speak about, iv only used the buddyclubs.

geo41e
03-06-2006, 06:52 PM
thanks for the input

i'm just thinking..if the N+ feel very simliar to the HKS Hypermax II, then l'll prolly grab them

but yeah

anybody else have Buddy Club on a DC2R? l'll give ya $20 to let me test teh car with u..just so i can feel the ride!!