PDA

View Full Version : CTR

civ
02-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Taken from vrfour on the fff.... car importer...

"I was trawling through the list of vehicles eligible for SEVS and guess which car has popped onto the list??

EP3 Civic Type R, which is current 3 door model.

Thought this might be of interest. No one has plates for them yet, but I'd assume it'd be a matter of time."

thought this might be of interest to a few of you...
thanks guys
travis

McChook
02-05-2004, 10:38 PM
I've already looked into it, but I don't have $100,000 to get it going

you do realise, in order to get them compliable, you need a test car to crash for the safety rating shite... Amongst other extreme, and unrecoverable costs

I pulled the plug late last year

[[d a n n y]]
02-05-2004, 11:04 PM
come on HONDA~~~do it do it~~

b16a_integra
03-05-2004, 12:26 PM
start a big fundraiser for it.

lane-o
03-05-2004, 06:24 PM
whats the go with the EK shape Civic Type R's.....were they avaliable in Oz, are there many (if at all) around??

VTEC16
03-05-2004, 06:31 PM
whats the go with the EK shape Civic Type R's.....were they avaliable in Oz, are there many (if at all) around??

there are a million posts about the EK9 (ek civic type r). They were never sold here. There are a few rebuilds here.

McChook
03-05-2004, 06:32 PM
start a big fundraiser for it.
I was going to try, and take deposits at $10,000 a car.. But I don;t think it would have worked...

lane-o
03-05-2004, 06:36 PM
yeh soz peepz!! i went lookin and found out what i wanted to know! just being LAZY

geo41e
03-05-2004, 06:47 PM
come on aussie honda@!?#@?$%@?%$!@?

lane-o
03-05-2004, 07:10 PM
i think i will have to take time out and look into a engine swap......i put a post up about swappin b18c into EG hatch. still keen as.....just got to get round to sellin my current pride and joy! hehe

SPEEDCORE
05-05-2004, 10:49 AM
You just never know what Honda Australia will do, sure they are gonna kill off the type R line of cars but will the new updated Civic Type R with a 1.5 L engine make them bring it out here??? Doubt it!

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 11:45 AM
My Civic is not a genuine EK9 Civic Type R and im probably the only one with type R everything who will admit to that. Ive tried for years to import the real thing but you get nowhere and no one wants to help. So i stripped my EK4 VTiR and completely rebuilt it with genuine EK9 parts. IMO i have a better car than the EK9 because of my sunroof, aircon and some other little modcons the type R dont get.

SPEEDCORE
05-05-2004, 11:59 AM
My Civic is not a genuine EK9 Civic Type R and im probably the only one with type R everything who will admit to that. Ive tried for years to import the real thing but you get nowhere and no one wants to help. So i stripped my EK4 VTiR and completely rebuilt it with genuine EK9 parts. IMO i have a better car than the EK9 because of my sunroof, aircon and some other little modcons the type R dont get.

depends how you look at it........... sunroof + 35- 50kg

BTW did you change the subframe components? ie. Type R has stiffeing of the suspension (OEM tiebar ) from factory.

VTEChnique
05-05-2004, 12:09 PM

type R everything ??

so do you have a B16B ?

you have all braces ? front lower, rear upper and lower, welded chassis braces ?

5-lug conversion with Brembo brakes ?

dont go overboard with the claims bro.. you're still rollin an EK4 performance wise.

hahaha you know I'm just baggin you Adam... we're talkin about EP3 type R here

:roll:

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 12:17 PM
i now the differences but in a sensible realistic world, would you rerivett the chasis of an EK4 just so u can have the same amount as the EK9 ?

My suspension has been stiffened and lowered with Lovell springs and i have a 00ITR transmission with LSD.

Marz
05-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Adam your EK is still 200% different from a genuine Type-R.

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 12:23 PM
type R everything ??
so do you have a B16B ?
you have all braces ? front lower, rear upper and lower, welded chassis braces ?
5-lug conversion with Brembo brakes ?
dont go overboard with the claims bro.. you're still rollin an EK4 performance wise.
hahaha you know I'm just baggin you Adam... we're talkin about EP3 type R here :roll:

Bede dont try to make me look like a dick when YOU came over and helped out with stripping and rebuilding my interior ;)
Im not going overboard with my claims, and the EK9 doesnt have Brembo brakes. And yes the EK4 has the same braces - only smaller
Yes i still have a B16A but have an upgraded intake / 4-1 racing header and exhaust superior to the EK9 so is still EK4 performance wise ?

VTEChnique
05-05-2004, 12:24 PM
SHUT-DOWN !!!

( hahaha sorry couldnt resist - personal joke )

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Adam your EK is still 200% different from a genuine Type-R.
Atleast i have a Honda Marz ... with VTEC :D

Marz
05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Yes Adam, and I had a GENUINE (READ GENUINE) ITR - which you NEVER got to drive, unlike IGS, OMAR, and BEDE.

Have fun with your ricer! LoL.

Bede - you were right about Adam! LoL!

VTEChnique
05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Bede dont try to make me look like a dick when YOU came over and helped out with stripping and rebuilding my interior ;)
Im not going overboard with my claims, and the EK9 doesnt have Brembo brakes. And yes the EK4 has the same braces - only smaller
Yes i still have a B16A but have an upgraded intake / 4-1 racing header and exhaust superior to the EK9 so is still EK4 performance wise ?

Adam YOU are making yourself look like a dick with your bogus claims - I am trying to stop you making yourself look like a dick.

haha yeah that's right I helped you to install your type R interior. .and it looks mint IMO.. but my problem is with your claims that EVERYTHING is civic type R spec.. everything includes the engine etc.

your ONLY type-R PERFORMANCE upgrade is the ITR gearbox.
Red valve cover does not count as a performance upgrade.

Brakes same but smaller ? then they are NOT the same.. size is everything when it comes to brakes !!!!

and with the welded sub-frame braces - you dont have them.. you dont even know what we are talking about I dont think.. they are under the bumper assembly - in front of the radiator support / crossmember. it is welded in. There is also one at the rear under the rear bumper. the EK9 also has upper and lower strut-TOWER braces.. you have an EK4 front strut TOWER brace and that's all. Stabilizer bar is NOT a Tie-bar.

you have created a Civic Type R REPLICA - not a conversion as 'conversion' suggests a performace modification...

now we are not dissing your car and the time and money you have invested into your car - just the way you keep going on about it as a type R.

Marz
05-05-2004, 12:48 PM
SHUT DOWN!

VTEC16
05-05-2004, 12:48 PM
^^^ what they said!

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Yes Adam, and I had a GENUINE (READ GENUINE) ITR - which you NEVER got to drive, unlike IGS, OMAR, and BEDE.

Have fun with your ricer! LoL.

Bede - you were right about Adam! LoL!
never got to drive ... umm yes i did :roll:

Marz stop talking complete bullshit. You owned an ITR yes, but you know nothing about them and certainly know nothing about the differences between a genuine EK9 and an EK4. Instead you sit there making rash comments like 200% different and "shutdown"
What do YOU actually know ?
If you dont know anything then STFU ! OZHonda doesnt want to hear your negative criticism because you sold your Honda for an inferior Nissan.

Adam YOU are making yourself look like a dick with your bogus claims - I am trying to stop you making yourself look like a dick.

haha yeah that's right I helped you to install your type R interior. .and it looks mint IMO.. but my problem is with your claims that EVERYTHING is civic type R spec.. everything includes the engine etc.

your ONLY type-R PERFORMANCE upgrade is the ITR gearbox.
Red valve cover does not count as a performance upgrade.

Brakes same but smaller ? then they are NOT the same.. size is everything when it comes to brakes !!!!

and with the welded sub-frame braces - you dont have them.. you dont even know what we are talking about I dont think.. they are under the bumper assembly - in front of the radiator support / crossmember. it is welded in. There is also one at the rear under the rear bumper. the EK9 also has upper and lower strut-TOWER braces.. you have an EK4 front strut TOWER brace and that's all. Stabilizer bar is NOT a Tie-bar.

you have created a Civic Type R REPLICA - not a conversion as 'conversion' suggests a performace modification...

now we are not dissing your car and the time and money you have invested into your car - just the way you keep going on about it as a type R.

Bogus claims. WTF !!!
i clearly said what my car is and spelled out in plain english you knob that its not a genuine R but a built up EK4.

Did i say a red valve cover increases performance ? Ur the one making BOGUS claims bro .. not me.

I didnt say the brakes were smaller - i CLEARLY referred to the BRACES !!!! cant you read ? Prove me wrong :) But as you mentioned the brakes, what are the differences between the EK9 and EK4 brakes?

Im not going on about it as being a Type R and never have. Coming from someone who has a bone stock EG6. Id back off your high horse with what your saying because its not your car. ;)

tanghy
05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
er sorry adam
ek9 brakes are bigger than ek4

and his car is eg5 not 6

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 01:31 PM
er sorry adam
ek9 brakes are bigger than ek4

and his car is eg5 not 6
Thankyou !
but i didt say the EK4 brakes were the same size as the EK9 Tanghy. I was asking Bede and Mark what the differences were. ;)

bennjamin
05-05-2004, 01:34 PM
*agrees with Tanghy*

Adam..you aint got a EK9.
You aint even got a b16b....

But you got "VEETEKK" *sigh* :roll:

That should settle it.

[[d a n n y]]
05-05-2004, 01:34 PM
settle down kids...

each to it's own..let's keep the ur car is a ricey piece of shit to ourselves..

respect each others rides and so on..

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 01:36 PM
I know i have no B16B and no genuine EK9 and i have no problem with that.
However it always funny for people to criticise what you have when they have stock cars nor even a Honda.
geezus .... :roll:

Marz
05-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Just for the record everyone, Adams a knob, who talks the most shit outta anyone in the Perth car scene. When he gets challenged he either makes up lies about people, or chucks little temper tantrums and quits forums.

That's the truth Adam.

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 01:49 PM
hahahahahahaha
nice try. :roll:

Marz if you want to get personal with BULLSHIT leave OZHonda !
No one here wants to read ur shit.

[[d a n n y]]
05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
man let's just get over this plz...

no more fighting..

lets have sum peace 8)

Marz
05-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Adam - no problems.
Quit Ti then.
No one wants you on there.

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Adam - no problems.
Quit Ti then.
No one wants you on there.
Coming from someone who asked me to come back after i already quit ...
mmmm :?

Marz
05-05-2004, 01:57 PM
WHo asked you back?
No one.
You were never even friends with Ti crew.
There's lots of shit you don't even know.

Civic Type R
05-05-2004, 02:01 PM
WHo asked you back?
No one.
You were never even friends with Ti crew.
There's lots of shit you don't even know.
hahahahaha YOU did f00l :roll:

Marz stop posting shit.
YOU have NO Honda
You say nothing but CRAP.
do yourself a favour and read the terms and conditions of these forums.

Leave Ozhonda !
NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE ;)

vti-2
05-05-2004, 02:19 PM
The last 2 pages had nothing to do with the original post. What the hell is wrong with you guys???

If you have nothing better to do that waste Ozhonda bandwidth with your bickering and personal attacks i will start issuing warnings. Our forums are not to be used for childish arguments. If you want to argue all day about who has a bigger ****, do it offline or on MSN or someplace else. Don't bring your crap on here.

CTR, Marz and VTECnique - in future, i don't want to see you arguing in this section. If a CTR thread comes up, don't post in it unless you can contribute intellectually.

If any of you have any issues with this, or wants to discuss, you can email me at vti-2@ozhonda.com and i will be happy to discuss. I can even pass on my MSN.

regards.