PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Exhaust question

02ZZI
29-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Hello,
I hope this isn't considered a how much kind of thread because it is and it isnt.
Anyways i have had a dual exhaust on my civic for almost a year and a half now and i am over it. I am going to be going just back to 1 muffler.
Currently the exhaust system is a split system from the resonator back. I want to change that and make it from the cat back and have the muffler remaining angled.
I hope that made sense.
Anyways went to the place that did my exhaust set up previously and got quoted $150 for doing this. Which i think is really expensive for what it is.
The thing is the mechanic didnt even look at my car, just said to me "yeah 150 mate". I was just a lil iffy.
Is the right kind of price?
Can anyone recommend any exhaust shops in the brisbane area?
I really only know of 1.
Please give me some guidance

Waggy
29-05-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeah .... not tooooo bad I guess. I would definately take it to ANOTHER SHOP though. I hate places like that which have no respect for their customers or their cars.

Limbo
29-05-2006, 07:53 PM
so your just cutting one side off? or are you wanting a new catback using your old muffler?

If cutting one side off and replacing the bit then its abit expensive.
If your getting the catback that's about right.

02ZZI
29-05-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah what i might do is just tell them to take off the whole thing and put a new 2 inch system from the cat back to one of my left over mufflers. So its pretty much a new system except i am supplying the muffler.

sassy_fit_vtit
29-05-2006, 08:28 PM
RPM @ darra is a really good exhaust place and also Exotic Exhaust @ sumner park, @ RPM u can probaby call up and they will give u a rough quote over the phone

jdm16
30-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah well im told that a 6" straight through works really well on the 99 EKs, but get the cannon coming out the front bumper. So maybe try that?

Hahah. Ozmosis - go to Craig @ Extreme Custom Engineering for a nice mandrel 2.25" system or so with your cannon (angled as you said). Call 07 3274-3700. He does probably the best work Ive seen. Did Maloufs exhaust and that is very good quality - but loud.

Perfect for a B16/B18 swap if you end up doing the conversion later.

02ZZI
30-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Id probs have to go with a 7-8inch tip! that way get the full advantage of non vtec when it kicks in at 0000 RPM.
Yeah ill be in contact, wanna get this done soon! didnt he do your car aswell?