PDA

View Full Version : brakes

L-Plates
29-05-2006, 06:00 PM
hey just wondering if dc5r brakes will fit on eg...
thanks...

VTi_b0i
29-05-2006, 06:04 PM
i can safely say No it cant, a fair amount of mods need to be made but im not 100% sure exactly what... sum1 will know

dan_lee
29-05-2006, 06:04 PM
i have a feeling they won't as they're a 5 stud pattern and eg's are 4 studs...pretty sure u can get them redrilled tho?

integral90
29-05-2006, 06:25 PM
unless you do like, an ek 5-lug conversion then they're not going to fit with much ease...

L-Plates
29-05-2006, 06:54 PM
but isnt that how u upgrade form 4 lug to 5lugs.?!...by brake upgrade.!?!?

Paul1985
29-05-2006, 06:59 PM
No it will not work, completely different suspension setups (ones double wishbone, one isnt). Dont even bother with it, just get a DC2 / EK9 5-lug upgrade if you want 5-lug. You can purchase 4-lug brake upgrades that are just as good if not better though.

i have a feeling they won't as they're a 5 stud pattern and eg's are 4 studs...pretty sure u can get them redrilled tho?

BTW, the DC5 brakes wont fit an EG only because they are 5-lug and EG is 4. Getting them redrilled will not make them able to fit!

Paul1985
29-05-2006, 07:05 PM
but isnt that how u upgrade form 4 lug to 5lugs.?!...by brake upgrade.!?!?
5-lug is an expensive brake upgrade to do, you can do an integra 4-lug upgrade for almost half the price with just as good stopping power, im pretty sure its also lighter.. 5-lug is the shit though, bling bling lol..

If you want to source all integra parts for a brake upgrade (btw, you should only need an upgrade like this if you are planning to track your car and/or are upgrading the engine). Then these are the parts you will need, should be able to get them from most honda wreckers, maybe even for sale on here:

* Integra (any 94-01) Complete Front Spindles (this includes things like knuckle, hub, disc, calipers etc)
* Integra (any 94-01) Complete Rear Trailing Arm (includes all the same as mentioned above)
* Integra (any 94-01) Brake Booster
* Integra (98+) 1" Master Cylinder
* SS Brake Lines
* Integra (any 94-01) Handbrake Cables
* Integra (94/95 i think) NON-ABS Proportioning Valve
* New Brake Pads
* New Brake Fluid

Thats pretty much what you would get with a 5-lug upgrade anyway.

Hope this helps in some way.

integral90
29-05-2006, 07:07 PM
+++ Rep for that!!!

revNhevN
29-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Remember the ITR disc and pad is still larger. VTIR/GSI brakes are 262mm while the ITR is 282mm. If you want even more stopping power using an oem setup - try the first gen NSX calipers and discs. The caliper uses two pistons but the same pad as an ITR (DB1206 - bendix/ferrodo part no). But will dissipate the heat much better because the NSX rotor is 28mm thick while the ITR is 23mm. Also remember when upgrading brakes that the wheels you want use will clear the caliper. With everything u get what you pay for - well most of the time. Don't skimp on braking - especially if you car has alot more power than stock or you want to seriously track it.

iamhappy46
29-05-2006, 10:44 PM
5-lug is an expensive brake upgrade to do, you can do an integra 4-lug upgrade for almost half the price with just as good stopping power, im pretty sure its also lighter.. 5-lug is the shit though, bling bling lol..

If you want to source all integra parts for a brake upgrade (btw, you should only need an upgrade like this if you are planning to track your car and/or are upgrading the engine). Then these are the parts you will need, should be able to get them from most honda wreckers, maybe even for sale on here:

* Integra (any 94-01) Complete Front Spindles (this includes things like knuckle, hub, disc, calipers etc)
* Integra (any 94-01) Complete Rear Trailing Arm (includes all the same as mentioned above)
* Integra (any 94-01) Brake Booster
* Integra (98+) 1" Master Cylinder
* SS Brake Lines
* Integra (any 94-01) Handbrake Cables
* Integra (94/95 i think) NON-ABS Proportioning Valve
* New Brake Pads
* New Brake Fluid

Thats pretty much what you would get with a 5-lug upgrade anyway.

Hope this helps in some way.

Any Integra from DA9, DC2/4 has the same size rotors/hubs/calipers on the front with rear discs too...

Also, if you want a budget upgrade. It is possible to just fit the LS/VTiR/GSi front brakes to the Civic(even with drum rear end!) We did it to our Civic and the difference is VERY noticeable in such a light car.

iamhappy46
29-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Also, ITR uses a 5 stud hub F&R

Paul1985
30-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Any Integra from DA9, DC2/4 has the same size rotors/hubs/calipers on the front with rear discs too...

Also, if you want a budget upgrade. It is possible to just fit the LS/VTiR/GSi front brakes to the Civic(even with drum rear end!) We did it to our Civic and the difference is VERY noticeable in such a light car.
Correct, ive noticed people seem to want to add rear disc's to remove the rear drums. I myself dont see why you would bother if you arent going to upgrade the fronts. Most of the braking is done at the front so i think its more important to upgrade this over the rears when wanting increased stopping power. Therefor i totally agree with you. There are many options available, you can also always go with aftermarket brake upgrades.

To the thread starter... if you are inquiring about getting a 5-lug upgrade on your EG only for looks.. it really is a waste of money. If needing a brake upgrade, and you would like to have the extra lug for looks and dont mind spending some extra money to do so, then its worth considering.