PDA

View Full Version : gp 88 tegg

sh*tbrick
29-05-2006, 11:35 PM
ok i dont know if its true but i was reading on a stie on aust gen1 tegg there was a gp model made after 87 and they were all white is this ture and if so what make them diffent from the rest???????

thanks

mooshie
30-05-2006, 07:45 PM
yeah the grand prix special edition i have only ever seen white ones. they have a bodykit and a few other cosmetic differences but dunno much about them. the same bodykit i think was available as a factory option cos i have seen it on other gen1s but rare.

sh*tbrick
30-05-2006, 10:47 PM
i am looking it to it for a friend as he has 1 and would like to know if they were better in the hendling or power side of things

FANATK
30-05-2006, 10:53 PM
just came with all round lip kit and white wheels

also the grand prix edition stickers

same specs..

end of the day its an 18 yr old car and the sussy will definetly not be up to it, i had a standard one years ago and the torsion bars up front suck hard...

Iwishiwasa Type R
30-05-2006, 11:03 PM
yeha bottoms out like the titanic.

but a very fun car! (for what it is)

anyone got a link or piccies?..intresting to see

sh*tbrick
30-05-2006, 11:31 PM
ok what eles is bad with the gen1 as i was thinking of getting 1

qikteg
31-05-2006, 02:07 PM
i got a gen1 teg at the moment, and the biggest problem i'm finding is the lack of availability of mods in australia. even the most basic CAI intake setup is quite rare (even tho in the US, you can purchase them off ebay for around $20US). the engine itself is fine, but options are limited for tuning, and you're limited in your options for chassis or suspension mods

so, my verdict is, that as a daily driver, they're tops. they get good mileage, they handle quite well, and the engine has quite a bit of kick in it (for wat it is). However if you want it to be a street warrior, be prepared to put in the coin for it.

Integra4Door
31-05-2006, 06:20 PM
showing my age here but no alzheimers
the Grand prix editions were used in the celebrity race in the adelaide grand prix not sure if it was 87 88 or 89 and they were pre order cars.
The owners first look at them was when they hit the track along with the rest of the world, even the cars that hit the track were pre sold, hope ya mate has not got the 1, i think it was grant the nutrigrain iron man kenny snotted head on into the wall think actually about 6 were smashed crazy time. L M A O then and now typing this out was funny watching it. I think they were limited release of 500 - 750 -1000, or something like that. Also I think every one else is right it was just cosmetic differences between standard and The G.P. Edition. was a young buck at the race and also remember standing watching them all get trucked in to the track all covered up etc. after they had done their lap of honour on the back of the trucks, remember all the owners standing around getting all worked up after the first practice session, and how they could not wait till the monday when they were picked up. Owners were not so impressed when they saw their number come up on the back of the crash removal trucks all trashed and stuffed up drive shafts and crap hanging off the side of the truck instead of on the car, bonnets 3/4'ers of the way up the bonnet. I am fairly sure even the celebrities didnt even get to practice in the until the first practice session. any one who has driven 1 or owned one will admit for a small 4 (1.6Ltr) they have a good top speed and dont mind revving, my 4 door auto reds at 7'000 RPM and when I giv it a good canning without holding the tranny through gears it will go to 7'500 few times 8'100 RPM.
PUT THE SHOES OF THE PRE- OWNERS ON, WATCHING THEIR BRAND NEW PRIDE AND JOY SNOTTING INTO THE CEMENT CRASH WALLS AROUND THE ADELAIDE GRAND PRIX CURCUIT. LOL LUCKY THEIR WERE DOCTORS ON TRACK CAUSE THEY WERE I THINK ABOUT 4 TO 5 g'S MORE THAN THE NORMAL INTEGRA.
HOPE EVERYONE HAS HAD A LAUGH AT THIS CAUSE I STILL 2DAY DO WHEN I HAVE FLASH BACKS
LMAO :eek: :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

spanks
01-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Must of come out in 87 cause i am pretty sure it wore the pre facelift front bumper...was purely a cosmetic model..was also released with the gp edition civic and possibly accord if memory serves

Iwishiwasa Type R
02-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Ok..The best parts about having the gen1....I just figured this out two nights ago..

It feels like your always driving it on the limit coz the body roll is insane...ahha
The engine has a sweet sound and a little bit of poke (once again for what it is). Pop head lights, foam spoilers and yellow foggies.

Worse thing about them is not even aftermarket moddy parts. Its more replacement parts for general services and other crap that is most likely to go wrong with a 16+ old car. Sun roof leaks.

Awesome Car though.. Every time I hop into the R and back out of the garage. I see the Old Skool in the front of the house I feel like I am cheating on my high school sweet heart....lol

Go and get one and k20 it.

qikteg
02-06-2006, 02:12 PM
i reckon they're great, unfortunately mine has only been driven by two old ladies its whole life (my aunt and my brother), so its not exactly used to being pushed. i'm breaking her in slowly tho..

sh*tbrick
02-06-2006, 05:36 PM
cool thanks guys for all your help and keep it coming if there is any more info you guys like to shaire with me i would like 2 here it. I was thinking of puting in a diffent engine in any way unless its to costley but can put a vtec on them. I was going to

put a vtec head on
cold air
ecu
exhaust

or if i was going to put in a diffent diffent engine i was thinking of a 90 prelude 2.0L but i dont know what engine cost second hand. If any one knows what engines cost could you let me know and what sort or cost would be to do the vtec head change on the 1.6L. Befor i put on the vtec head i would port and polish it and put in a cam.

FANATK
02-06-2006, 06:14 PM
u can get them real cheap and for what it is its a bargain

but i wouldnt bother modding it, put a little more and get an LS (89-92)

FANATK
02-06-2006, 06:22 PM
pic, all i had was this one i modded on paintbrush years ago

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fanatk/WhiteIntegraSX16.jpg