PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Box...do u really need it

WhiteAP1
30-05-2006, 02:10 AM
Now i realise it really comes down to what percentage the speedo would be put out, but i figured from standard, it wouldnt really be that spot on anyway. Would anyone have an indication on how accurate the standard speedo is (obviously it wont be the same for every car) just a ball park figure.

Also if i put my cars speedo out by approx. %11 would i really need a yellow box. Would it make that much of a difference, would it be noticable????

EuroAccord13
30-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Is this put as a general car question or for a particular car, by you posting in this section, I'm assuming S2K/NSX....

On my own account, the standard speedo is normally on average off by +3kmh - +4kmh at speedo indication of 100km/h.. The difference is wider as the speed gets higher..

Any idea of how much the Yellow Box will cost when it's landed in Australia (USD$ 100 per unit according to the website)..

The thing is, I think majority of the drivers here are not fussed about their accuracy of the speedo being off by 3-4% :)

WhiteAP1
30-05-2006, 02:55 AM
i had already figured as much, thats why is was asking if anyone had any specifics.To me 3-4km isnt a big deal but with a final gear diff conversion it worked out to be out about %11. My main Q is will this %11 really need adjusting, does it make a significant difference??.

Aparently Yellow Box is an AUS based company, but i havnt researched a price yet...and yes the thread is in regards to an S2000

JasonGilholme
30-05-2006, 05:49 AM
11% of 100 km/h is 11 km's.

That means you could be travelling along and your speedo reads 100 but your really doin 111. <------ thats a speeding offence right there.

AusS2000
30-05-2006, 11:12 AM
And is it 11% total, plus 11%, or minus 11%?

At the end of the day an accurate speedo is your friend. I would definitiely use a Yellow Box (Aus made but marketed mostly to the US) or Yellow Jacket (from www.modifry.com and made specifically for the S).

WhiteAP1
30-05-2006, 07:27 PM
yeah, the penny dropped during the day with the whole 100km thing, so i guess i'll be getting a calibraor. Im not sure if its plus or minus %11 i'll have to go back to calculator. Its actually %11.XX closer to 12 if i remeber corectly so seems like a must. I was hoping to get away with it but its in best intrest to purchase it. Thanks guys

ECU-MAN
30-05-2006, 07:35 PM
my speedo is out - 2km @60kms stock rims and tyres