PDA

View Full Version : 1996 gsi exhaust

stanleym
30-05-2006, 03:30 PM
i have a small crack seems bout an inch in length middle of my exhaust basically under the door( maybe infront of the resonator) is that wat its called lol

wodnering if that is needed to be fixed asap or can be put up with for a little bit

also when car running occasionally i get a rattle seems to be coming from middle of car towards front section basically from just behind the engine bay

when i take it to mechanics is there anything i could suggest to them that it might be.... i think it started happening when i broke my lower steering arm front left of car........

doesn't hapen all the time but noticed it a little more aounrd 2500 - 3000 rpm

thanks for any help

P.s i tried searchin

integral90
30-05-2006, 03:41 PM
something is probably loose in the pipe and it rattles at certain rpm because of the note the engine plays (this actually happens).

we have the same problem in our odyssey, only up slight inclines in 3rd doing about 60km/h, never any other time. I'd get them to take the whole exhaust off and take a look inside it, would probably be the cat.

stanleym
30-05-2006, 03:42 PM
ahh yea it also happens jsut when car sitting either at lights or just when i turn the car on?? i read that it might be the header but i just wanna et more open opinion when i book it in its pretti loud and done sound the best lol

integral90
30-05-2006, 03:45 PM
well if it's just a crack in the pipe get an exhaust shop to just weld it shut. Won't be expensive and it's a quick job.

shane_stubbs
09-06-2006, 05:30 PM
yer my car use 2 do dat all da time..everytime i hit around 2500 - 3000, its started shaking....i think it could be the exhuast brackets.coz wejn i get a new exhuast it stoped