PDA

View Full Version : Rims

L-Plates
30-05-2006, 08:38 PM
hey guys just need some help with choosing rims..!!!

i have a white EG sedan with mugen lip...the fat one....
just wondering which rims i should get..

option1:
white rotas in 15'
option2:
dc2r style rims in white
option3
buddyclub p1's

and i also cant get a nut of my rims...the thread is gone and i cant spin it off...
where can i get it fixed.?!or just taken off.!?
any mechanic..?!!

marte
30-05-2006, 08:56 PM
p1's!

tyre auto shop can saw it off for ya.

jdmlvn
30-05-2006, 09:21 PM
wd-40 should work its charm.

J-MuN
30-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Rota's for sure. So sick of P1's, although you can't say much for Rota's too i guess.

Sitwy
30-05-2006, 09:44 PM
P1 for sure

Paul1985
30-05-2006, 09:46 PM
definately White regamaster EVO's (Genuine version of white rotas).
If not that then the P1's
:D

DreadAngel
30-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, don't go for the Rotas cause I'm getting some fitted soon ahaha!!!

30-05-2006, 10:47 PM
red rims with polished lip... multi spoke

hahahaha.. you know you want to

Goble
31-05-2006, 09:51 PM
option 1
:thumbsup:

Ryanair
01-06-2006, 09:43 AM
All I can say is, buy the one's you really want, I realise you've narrowed it down to 3, but I'm sure one of them takes your fancy more. I spent $3000 on rims only to be dissapointed in the end..... you can take your car to most tyre shops and they'll put the rims up against the car and see what it looks like.

simbadda54
01-06-2006, 12:39 PM
they're all nice. i rkn u should go 16" tho. looks better

EGB16A
01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
they're all nice. i rkn u should go 16" tho. looks better

agree ^^

I say get a gold wheel. White car + gold wheel = HOTTTTT

and paul, the bloke wants to spend a few hundred, not afew thousand on regamasters. Besides, he'd have to find them first:p and are the rota's a copy of the rega evo, or the spoon wheel :p LOL, who cares, either way they are an awsome wheel.

Paul1985
01-06-2006, 04:52 PM
agree ^^

I say get a gold wheel. White car + gold wheel = HOTTTTT

and paul, the bloke wants to spend a few hundred, not afew thousand on regamasters. Besides, he'd have to find them first:p and are the rota's a copy of the rega evo, or the spoon wheel :p LOL, who cares, either way they are an awsome wheel.
Spoon and regamasters are exactly the same wheel. The difference is the decals on the wheel and the colour. Spoons are only black, rega's are available in a few other colours. They are both made by the same company which is called desmond.

This means that the Rota slipstreams are a ripoff of both spoon and rega's. The black slips are a ripoff of the spoons whilst some of the other colours are a ripoff of the regas. White slips would be a ripoff of the regas.

Rota slipstreams are also available in colours which were never released by desmond such as royal black, royal gunmetal (the royal means they have a polished lip) aswell as a couple of others.

mugeneration
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Well you'll need to get that nut off somehow and have a new thread put in (i dont know whether to call it a bolt or not! lol). Thats all i know, ive never needed it done before, youll have to ask your mechanic for the cost.

EGB16A
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Spoon and regamasters are exactly the same wheel. The difference is the decals on the wheel and the colour. Spoons are only black, rega's are available in a few other colours. They are both made by the same company which is called desmond.

This means that the Rota slipstreams are a ripoff of both spoon and rega's. The black slips are a ripoff of the spoons whilst some of the other colours are a ripoff of the regas. White slips would be a ripoff of the regas.

Rota slipstreams are also available in colours which were never released by desmond such as royal black, royal gunmetal (the royal means they have a polished lip) aswell as a couple of others.

ummm, dude, i was only being trivial.
I've actually held a genuine spoon wheel (sw88??) and i saw stunned at how light it was, It was unbelievable, and this is SOOO off topic.

BTW rega's are available in white and silver

VTECBOY
12-06-2006, 03:03 PM
buddy club qf/sf would look good :)

destrukshn
12-06-2006, 03:50 PM
and i also cant get a nut of my rims...the thread is gone and i cant spin it off...
where can i get it fixed.?!or just taken off.!?
any mechanic..?!!

that's what happens when they you a rattle gun to tighten your wheels nuts.