PDA

View Full Version : Smashed Civic with B18C - What to do?

Gester
30-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey guys,

I recently after ages finished getting all the work done on my 92 Civic EG. It had a B18C SiR engine with a JDM ecu and lsd. It was fantastic! Then on Labour day I was just going for a drive when I slowed down on Lytton Rd (in Brisbane) to let the car in front turn right. After about 5 seconds I look in my rear vision mirror and am like "ah crap, ah crap".... then this stupid Landcruiser with a bull bar didn't see that I had stopped and slammed right into the back of me.

My car then hit the car in front (only slightly though), but both the front and back were hit. The back is completely smashed lol, I have no boot and the front pushed the radiator back and I pretty much got sandwitched :(

Now I got a few quotes from people and the car is definately a write off... no point in really thinking about fixing it (even though I really wanted to) it just wasn't economical after I had already poored so much money into it. The guy who hit me has NO insurance and I only had 3rd party property and teft insurance so I have a lengthy wait and court battle to get the money out of him.

So now I'm left with what to do as I just got it out of the holding yard today and need to sell whats left. Should I sell it as a wreck for like $5k or bits and pieces? Here's a list of what I'd added to the car:

I've only done about 1500km's since having all of this installed so most of the parts are practically new. I guess this would be perfect for anyone wanting to do a complete conversion for a Civic to put it in a B18C from a JDM Integra SiR. The car was originally a auto so it has all the pieces to do a proper auto-manual conversion as well including custom engine mounts :)

JDM B18C SiR Engine with 120k's on it. (I have the Integra Dash from the front cut)
LSD Gearbox
3.9kg Lightweight Flywheel
Exedy HD Organic Clutch
X-Force Headers
Prelude Front Seats
El Dial Backlit Dash - Manual
Stainless Steel CAI
Angel Eye Projector Headlights
16" Mag Wheels - Crappy ones
Integra Front Brakes - New rotors and calipers

So what do you guys reckon I should do? Fix it? (Quotes were between $8k-$11k), sell it as a wreck (maybe $5k?), or bits and pieces?

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the help!

00' coupe
30-05-2006, 10:24 PM
shit dude thats bad luck...

ull be able to sell the engine real quick... B18c are always in demand.
then i would try sell it in bits and pieces... if u get a good offer for the whole car sell it. it will save u heaps of hassle...

invest in a new project. bigger and better...

Gester
30-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah I think I'm leaning towards selling it as a whole as I have no real practical way of getting the engine and any bits out of the car as I have no tools or room to do so lol.

If I took it to a wreckers I doubt they'd give me the true value of what the engine would be worth.

dan_lee
30-05-2006, 11:00 PM
i say sell it. someone like me would buy it for a decent price *cough hint*.

NogZ
30-05-2006, 11:13 PM
damn that sounded bad

dont sell to wreckers, they sell cheap, so they have to purchase wrecks even cheaper

good luck dude :thumbsup: hope it works out fine

**Ghost**
30-05-2006, 11:18 PM
i dunno how much work u can do urself mate, but ever considered gettin ganother EG 1992 and slotting it in there... i'm fairly sure u can find a busted 400,000km EG Civic with a straight body for like $3000 bucks somewhere

or better yet ring the wreckers and ask for a shell...

destrukshn
30-05-2006, 11:39 PM
where you located?

dc2dc2dc2
30-05-2006, 11:40 PM
if u read his story..he clearly states his from brisbane.....

|N|
30-05-2006, 11:41 PM
i ll buy off u for 3k

tRipitaka
30-05-2006, 11:54 PM
repairable write-off ?

hui
31-05-2006, 12:15 AM
so sorry to hear that.

i was in a similar situation.... few years ago some guy smashed in to my ek vtiR. both cars was a write off. i had no insurance and the other party had no insurance either. at the scene of the accident, the prick admitted it was his fault for not giving way. when i called him a few days after to talk about the repair bill, he denied that he was at fault. i was really pissed off and upset and had no idea what to do. so i sought advice from big solicitor firm "ryan carlise thomas" in melb.

they filed a lawsuit on my behalf claiming loss and compensation (14k in total) the prick that smashed my ride called my solicitor the next day and offered to pay me a lumpsump of 9k, as that's all his got. and if i wanted to claim the full amount he would let the matter go to court. my solicitors advice was to take the offer, i took his offer and sold the wreck for 5k.

it was a very painfull process, and i got less than what i asked for, but least i got some money back and didn't have to go through the hasle of on going court battles.

hope this helps

P.S pay a little bit more and get full comp insurance for your next ride and GOOD LUCK!

[[d a n n y]]
31-05-2006, 02:41 AM
id say take the parts out
get a new EG
and put it back in.

Gester
31-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Thanks for all the info guys, I would take all the bits out and get a new shell but its just not worth it. Plus I'm probaly just gonna buy a new Civic from the dealer. I have no tools, nor the knowledge how to do it heh. It would be well over $1k in labour. I guess I'm leaning to towards trying to sell it as a wreck as selling it as bits would be to hard seeing as I have no tools or knowledge heh ;)

As for pricing I know I could get $5k easily, is that reasonable?

bennjamin
31-05-2006, 07:42 AM
sorry mate. We simpyl dont allow EOI style posts.

Bad luck there anyway. Im sure you can work this one out on your own.

If anyone has interest or help PM the user :)

closed