PDA

View Full Version : Type of B20 engines

JayKaye
31-05-2006, 02:05 AM
I read up about the B20B and B20Z engines on the net and found that the B20Z is newer and more powerful. I then rang around a few wreckers to find a B20Z but I was told by a wrecker that he hadnt heard of the B20Z and it was probably not brought out in Australia. Is this true? How can you tell the difference in a B20B and a B20Z when you look at it? would the engine number give a clue as to which one it is?
Also, which model cars did they come in? If the wrecker is right Australia has only seen B20B's in its pre-K series CRV's.

Q_ball
31-05-2006, 11:47 AM
One thing to always note, majority of wreckers, dont know shiet!!!
I went up to one the other day asking about b18c engines, and they asked me..."Is that off an Integra VTEC?" lol
I mean come on, theres no such model as the Integra VTEC :p
I said to them, "Errr theres no Integra model called th VTEC"
and they replied with "you know man, its the twin cam vtec motor"
I then said "listen man lol, the only integra models with a b18c are the VtiR and the Type R."

Only then did he say awww, its the VtiR lol.
So yeh, moral of the story, wreckers kno shiet! lol
If you kno wat u want, then u should be able to bargain them for a really good price :)

FR33K
31-05-2006, 12:10 PM
its better if they know sh1t... coz then they dont know the good engine from the sh1t one and sell it to you cheap.. :)

LO_N_SXC
31-05-2006, 12:35 PM
B20Z 98-01 CRV sure thay came out here, visit www.imlachs.com.au I think they have one or a few for sale.

JayKaye
31-05-2006, 01:54 PM
cool! thanks guys! :D

JayKaye
03-06-2006, 10:04 AM
For those of you interested in the difference between a B20B and B20Z here is a great link: http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/b20/b20tech.html

Q_ball
04-06-2006, 12:21 PM
shouldnt this topic be in the "other hondas' section?
b20 = crv y0, not integra!

CTR Coupe
04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Easiest thing to do when calling wreckers is to just ask about the engine that the car comes from i.e. ask if he has any 99 Honda CRV motors. Most wreckers don't have the time to remember all the names of engines that they wreck. They are more likely to have some idea what your talking about if you say the type of car(they usually have a record of the cars and parts they have in stock it usually doesn’t get sorted with engine numbers)