PDA

View Full Version : [Review] DA9 Integra B&M Short shifter, ES Bushings and Spoon Gear knob. [Review]

LO_N_SXC
31-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey guys :wave:

I have just installed my new B&M short shifter about a week now and I thought I'd do a Product review to tell y0 peeps how this product rates.
To start of I purchsed the B&M Straight short shifter part #45075 together with Energy suspension shifter bushings and a new Spoon Gear knob.

Installation is very straight fowards with the only pain in the ass requirement being that all the work has to be done from below, thus meaning that you have to work under the car for about a good 30mins getting the exhaust undone to make way for the shifter mechanism, the onther being that one of the bushings for the torque rod cant be pressed in so it has to be cut in half to make it fit.
Another thing I would like to point out is that the heat shield that resides below the shifter has to be left out from under the car since the shifter is prone to making contact with it.

My first impression was that the shifter feels much more direct and very gated compared to before, also the throw is way shorter that of a stock shifter, a bit more effort is needed to make shifting efficient and direct but its somethign you get used to over time, after about a week of having my crap ass hell $15 autotecnica shift knob which kept wobbling I purchsed a Genuine Spoon item which screwed straight on since the B&M shifters retain the OEM shifter knob thread, now the whole experience of shifting throught the gears has been made more enjoyable and has much more of a Race feel.

Pros: Cost effective, really does reduce shift throw, more gated direct feel.

Cons: More effort needed to make shifts, on DA9 Integra's the shift knob position is somewhat a tadd too fowards.

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars!!!!!

PS: pics will be up soon!

Alex

integral90
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
yay, i got one of these for mine and i was a bit weary as to whether they are worth it, now i feel loads better :)

egSi
02-06-2006, 08:43 PM
post some pics up alex :thumbsup:

LO_N_SXC
05-06-2006, 01:26 PM
^^^ Yeah I will just trying to find some available time to take them and post them up, been real busy y0

Cold Fusion
05-06-2006, 02:02 PM
only problem i have with my short shifter is that it rattles against the exaughst, which gets annoying sumtimes. its easily fixable i herd by geting the plumbing tape stuff and wraping it around the bottom, but the annoying part is just getting to it :\

crispy
05-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I got a short shifter for a dc2 on my car. I think it was a high energy one from ET performance. There are 3 types of shifter available for our cars, the dual bend, single bend and straight. And it was all too confusing for me at first, but i have found that a short shifter from any civic (89-00 i think) and integra (89-00) will fit. I wanted to get a single bend, but i accidentally got a double bend, and it actually solves the problem of the shifter being too far forward. It feels really nice and precise, and it sits closer to you which is a bonus.... I would say this is the best bang for buck mod you can get!!

LO_N_SXC
06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
I got a short shifter for a dc2 on my car. I think it was a high energy one from ET performance. There are 3 types of shifter available for our cars, the dual bend, single bend and straight. And it was all too confusing for me at first, but i have found that a short shifter from any civic (89-00 i think) and integra (89-00) will fit. I wanted to get a single bend, but i accidentally got a double bend, and it actually solves the problem of the shifter being too far forward. It feels really nice and precise, and it sits closer to you which is a bonus.... I would say this is the best bang for buck mod you can get!!
Yes you're right about the bend/s on the shifters, mine is a straight shifter and yes it does sit a bit far fowards but I got it due to the feel of the straight shifter, it tends to be as if its a race car and I dont mind compromising the confort since the car dont get 100% road duty in any given week, that and maybe less since I have a unfinished project that I will be starting to work on in the coming months.

NightKids
07-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Did you get the Spoon titanium knob? Cause that knob looks mad

LO_N_SXC
07-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Did you get the Spoon titanium knob? Cause that knob looks mad
Yep thats the one, I got the Black one with the spoon logo on the top and with the gear symbols, I love the stealth look.........

NightKids
08-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Hmmm i don't think that's the titanium one? but i could be wrong...

LO_N_SXC
08-06-2006, 10:10 AM
^^^ It looks more like this:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8605/spoonsportsduraconshiftknobeb0.jpg

NightKids
08-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah that's not the Spoon Titanium Knob. This is the one:-

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/images/spoon.shiftknob-ti.jpg

It's a lot more expensive than the one you have...

LO_N_SXC
09-06-2006, 04:05 PM
^^^^^OOOOOOHHHHHHHH I seee yeah I was looking at getting that one but Ilke the Stealth look to my interior, pics will be up later tonight! ;)

TYPE-ONE
10-06-2006, 03:06 AM
i love my spoon knob to bits! ehhe