View Full Version : free mods ;) weight reduction

EG5
03-05-2004, 01:47 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=693678

weight is ur enemy;)

VTEC16
03-05-2004, 02:31 PM
great link :thumbsup:

Im really tempted to get rid of my audio and strip my car...

A'PEXi
03-05-2004, 04:09 PM
lol... has anyone done it?... it makes it a little impractical if your going to give someone a lift ocasionally... or when one of your tyres pop while driving...
definatly useful if your doing track/drag all the time...

mo
03-05-2004, 04:28 PM
lol... has anyone done it?... it makes it a little impractical if your going to give someone a lift ocasionally... or when one of your tyres pop while driving...

give them some newspaper to sit on :D

EG5
03-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Ive done some of it ;)

vti-2
03-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Ive done some of it ;)

My DC2 was stripped except the two front seats for a few months. Even the door skins on the front were missing. :D

incoming
03-05-2004, 06:43 PM

give them some newspaper to sit on :D

ahaha or milk crates!

VTEChnique
03-05-2004, 06:52 PM
is it illegal to run a fully-stripped interior on the street ? cause I love doing it but not sure how the cops would react - is hard to justify in their eyes surely, yet nothing has been made un-roadworthy ??

[ slayer ]
03-05-2004, 07:14 PM
yeh someone said this to me the other day, but i told em i couldnt see why it would be illegal/unroadworthy to have the interior striped...

SIKCVC
03-05-2004, 07:35 PM
i think so long as the front seats and the rear belts are there its fine... i always pull my seat belt out from under the coushin when i get pulled up.

ALLMTR
03-05-2004, 07:50 PM
lol... has anyone done it?...

I think so......

fueltank
03-05-2004, 08:15 PM
just make more power :D

Nuttz
03-05-2004, 09:41 PM
I did weight reduction..
made little difference...
then i put it all back... and put subs in too :)

woohoo for weight increase!

VTEC16
03-05-2004, 09:57 PM
The way i see it - its very noticeable when you have a passenger in your car.

SO - 60 odd kilos is very noticeable.

IF you could get rid of half of that, or a quarter, its still gonna be a noticeable gain.

Im thinking of ditching my sub/amp/spare/jack ......that would be a fair amount of weight, but it would all be from the rear....so it would change things a little....

Weq
03-05-2004, 10:15 PM
I know its illegal to have exposed wires in a car, espically under the dash. Im pretty sure there are ARD's concering a few things that have been removed from the cars in the above thread, so take ur time and get things OK'd with an engineer.

luzinit
03-05-2004, 10:20 PM
mm , i stripped my interior out for another reason, to remove mouldings etc.. had everything out, from the front seat back..
i thought about leaving it that way.....but end of the day my cars not a race car hehehe.. so some luxuries are nice :)

mite even consider gettin a 10" sub now!

incoming
03-05-2004, 10:43 PM
i mentioned this b4.. so sorry if any1 is reading this again...

as long as the seats(front and back) and belts are still there then carpet n shit is OK.
ur supposed to get it engineered if u take the rear seats out cos then its a "two seater"..

and having no spare tyre is an instant defect too..

VTi-RT
07-05-2004, 06:54 AM
I don't think not having a spare makes your car defective.

Having a flat spare though, will lead to trouble from cop's if they want to get you on something stupid.