PDA

View Full Version : Civic VT-i Auto?

Quangzta
31-05-2006, 07:45 PM
hey guys im about to buy a honda civic vti, but im aware theres an auto version? they say its just as good as a manual? but never has auto been just as good, and the vti isnt exactly a POWER plant so yeahs i dont realli mind but i just wanna noe if the auto version is much of a difference and by how much thanks.

nugget666
31-05-2006, 07:49 PM
i think its normaly about 1 second slower in a auto.

personaly to me i cant stand 4cyl auto fwds. they seem so sluggish.

fadz
01-06-2006, 01:58 AM
iv got one, goes fine :)
if you want to have the luxory of sitting back in traffic, get auto, anything else id say manual

JaCe
01-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Well the sports model automatic is slower than the manual VTi- but that being said, these cars aren't exactly performance machines! The auto in the new Civic is pretty awesome in my opinion... it feels pretty good when you drive it (and in fact was one of the main reasons why I chose this car over the Astra Coupe CDX in automatic). You really gotta test drive it to appreciate how good modern automatic transmissions (in normal cars) are!

pkn-xtc
02-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Go with the manual.
That's for if you ever decide to do an engine conversion haha :p

Quangzta
02-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Yep i think ill go with the manual thanks guys ;)

VTi_b0i
02-06-2006, 11:00 AM
anyone kno where to get an Aut0 VTi gearbox? cause i want my ED to remain auto when i put the D16Y1 in because its a run around car in which is drivn in peak hour traffic everyday...and i like having 1 auto and 1 manual car haha

lenz
04-06-2006, 06:55 AM
which model are you talkin about for ek some comes wit cvt

JaCe
04-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm surprised noone asked the topic creator where he will be driving his Civic most of the time... I know I'll be driving alot in the city and in traffic as well so automatic is pretty much the only route I can take (unless I get kicks out of shifting alot in traffic). That and the fact I did my license in automatic :)