PDA

View Full Version : How to fit a strut bar to a integra gsi???

Irriven
03-05-2004, 05:42 PM
hi all i'm a little new to all this and i've recenty bought a teg late 93 model so basically the 94 up model i also just bought a front strut bar to strengthen it up a little...i'm not mechanically incompentant but pretty damn close to (I am trying though) and i cant for the life of me get this thing on to my car there seems to be a few wires/hoses/pipes in the way of me getting the thing fitted should i just get a pro to fit it on or is it safe to move pipeing and other stuff any help would be much appreciated :D if
.........pics of the engine bay are needed i can get those in a day or 2

joneblaze
03-05-2004, 05:52 PM
What sort of strut bar did you get? Is it a designated DC2/4 Integra bar?
There shouldn't be a problem fitting a strut onto your GSi. I've fitted a few different brands/models to mine in the past. Post up some pics if you can mate.

incoming
03-05-2004, 05:59 PM
easiest method is to undo the bolts holding the wire/hoses/pipes and move the wires etc to the side..

jack the front end of the car up (both left and right side) and undo the nuts on the struts then put it on and tighten the nuts back up...

should take u about 30 mins

XXpl0Sive
03-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Do you mean a strut brace?

incoming
03-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Do you mean a strut brace?

i hope so!.. otherwise i typed that shit for nuttangs! :shock:

Irriven
04-05-2004, 12:20 PM
hehe yea sorry like i said i'm a car mechanics n00b :) but yup thats what i meant a strut brace and thanks i've shifted the cables a touch and just fixed them in a bit further away and it's sitting in just fine thanks for all the help

CaP
12-05-2004, 08:01 PM
which one is better strut bar or sway bar ?? ... becoz Dc2 ITR has a sway bar?

A'PEXi
13-05-2004, 12:05 AM
make sure the car is on flat ground (level) and screw it on :D